Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2022, 06:08 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,656,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Agree. That was part of then President Obama’s executive action in 2015 2016:
On January 6, as part of President Obama’s executive action to combat gun violence, HHS promulgated a final regulation modifying the HIPAA Privacy Rule to allow certain HIPAA covered entities to disclose limited information to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS).
HHS Issues Final Rule on HIPAA and Firearm Background Check Reporting

https://www.insideprivacy.com/health...eck-reporting/

Final Rule: HHS finalized its proposed rule without any substantive changes.
I'm all for that, along with raising the age to purchase/own a firearm (along with voting, and joining the military), and extending the waiting period to purchase to a week.

Old 05-26-2022, 06:10 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,216,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
This statement is just asinine. The 2A is a Constitutional right. People are going to fight for it, just like they fight for the 1A, or any other right. Just look at those that are fighting for abortion rights, which aren't even backed by an Amendment. Do you say the same about them ? That they have blood on their hands ?

You can't pick and choose which Constitutional rights you like and don't. We all live under the umbrella of the US Constitution. Like it or not.

Oddly enough, I could use your same asinine statement about what happens in our inner cities on a nightly basis. The Democrat position is that our inner city children need to die. They never speak up about the violence going on, and in fact, many of their policies put criminals back on the street.

Come on man, think a little before making stupid statements.
My statement is accurate. The GOP wants our children to die. They refuse to do anything. All so they can feed from the NRA trough. Just where will the Gov. of Texas and one of their Senators be this weekend. Speaking at the NRA convention. I hope the blood money they receive will be enough for them

Old 05-26-2022, 06:11 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,998,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatsright19 View Post
Why can’t we have rules like we do for other things? A 16 year old doesn’t get to drive 200 mph in a race car or drive around a truck with dangerous chemicals. They get to drive only during certain hours, under supervision, without certain passengers ect. They have to watch educational videos about the responsibility of driving. It’s the same for a pilot. They don’t just get to fly a 747. You earn privileges based on your rise in competence, exp, education, sign off from other professionals, ect.

But we let an 18 year old get 2 assault rifles? Maybe there should be a period of years where you can only use certain types of fire arms under lock and key at a supervised range? Maybe you should have to complete safety and other tests? Maybe you should have to spend a few years under the guidance and supervision of someone who understands guns and the responsibility of them?

The insurance industry can determine young drivers are a bigger liability, and pay a premium for insurance under the age of 25, but we can’t do the same with guns?

In my f. If we just gave an 18 year old access to the funds of a business or other people, theft and fraud would be through the roof. But we don’t. We force CPA’s/controllers to go through years of education about the responsibility to hone your ethics and competence. You have ongoing education. You can lose your license for doing things considered beneath the profession. You need experience signed off on by another professional. If the person you’ve worked under doesn’t believe your mindset, your quality, ect is good enough, they can choose to not sign off and sponsor you. Why not have something similar to get certain weapons?

These things reduce but not eliminate fraud. Why can’t we do the same with firearms?

Apples and oranges! For the examples given, they are not rights in the Constitution......for guns, it is. The same arenas are not being talked about......to say nothing about the misuse of terms (ie, the AR-15 IS NOT an assault rifle).

Old 05-26-2022, 06:16 AM

5,907 posts, read 4,432,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Apples and oranges! For the examples given, they are not rights in the Constitution......for guns, it is. The same arenas are not being talked about......to say nothing about the misuse of terms (ie, the AR-15 IS NOT an assault rifle).
So you can’t actually articulate an argument then?

Old 05-26-2022, 06:19 AM

3,225 posts, read 1,606,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swake View Post
That is just insane. Why on earth would a general be flying missions? What?

I will have to tell my uncle, who was a USAF wing commander stationed in Germany in the 1980s.
I thought I read he was retired (or fired), and was working for the Wagner group. Russia has Wagner mercenaries flying their planes.

Old 05-26-2022, 06:20 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,927,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I'm all for that, along with raising the age to purchase/own a firearm (along with voting, and joining the military), and extending the waiting period to purchase to a week.
Glad to hear you are a reasonable person with moral courage, unlike many who apparently are not able, or unwilling, or not ready to take a stand & enunciate their thoughtviews clearly.

Old 05-26-2022, 06:24 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,998,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatsright19 View Post
So you can’t actually articulate an argument then?
The argument is that if it is in the Constitution, it is a different set of law. Just like prostitution and being a player in an adult movie. Both are selling sex for money but one is a crime and one is a right. Or is working in a sweatshop human trafficking, slavery? No, if one is there willingly, no matter how bad the conditions are, it is not slavery, it is not a criminal law violation, it is then administrative law.

One should learn when they are talking apples and oranges.

Old 05-26-2022, 06:26 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,795,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
And yet criminals menaged to bypass this.

Btw, I hope then some anti-gun activists don't practice gun smuggling in the black market like ex-senator Leland Yee once did or the mayor of Rochester who wanted to take off the guns out of the street only to be found at home with a illegal gun. C-D got a thread about that. https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...-guns-off.html
It's not perfect. Nothing is.

If they stopped making them, that would leave only the existing ones.

If people were made to turn them in, that would take care of the rest. Except for people who wouldn't turn them in, in which case they should never have had them in the first place.

Most of it would be taken care of. That's the best you can do with anything.

Old 05-26-2022, 06:31 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
My statement is accurate. The GOP wants our children to die. They refuse to do anything. All so they can feed from the NRA trough. Just where will the Gov. of Texas and one of their Senators be this weekend. Speaking at the NRA convention. I hope the blood money they receive will be enough for them
Your statement is so far out in space it's unreal. It's absolutely hilarious you blame the GOP, when the Democrats have done nothing as well....completely ignoring the daily violence that happens in many of the cities they control.

I know we can all be hypocrites at some point in time, but you are taking it to a whole new level. Why do yo think the NRA is some big evil lobby ? They aren't even in the top 25 biggest lobbyist's.

Old 05-26-2022, 06:33 AM

24,636 posts, read 9,458,962 times
I can see the lawsuits coming, the reports say the suspect was in the school for an hour.

Even if there was a single school campus cop, clearly there should've been backup much sooner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies