Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2023, 06:43 AM

73,143 posts, read 62,811,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
I agree, career criminals don't think about prison or death, they think about the "now."

Unless we started deporting criminals, death or prison just isn't going to stop them.
According to the U.S. Constitution, you cannot deport a U.S. citizen for being a criminal, even a habitual criminal, even a violent criminal. If that happens, that will just hit the slippery slope towards other violations of the Constitution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2023, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
As far as I know, the only criminals we deport are the ones who are here illegally. MS-13 gang members come to mind.

We send them back to El Salvador, and the Salvadoran police meet them at the airport and kill them.

Sounds like a perfect solution! If only we could send a lot more like Tammel Esco.
Deporting illegal criminals, that's easy. If they aren't citizens, they can be deported. Tammel Esco is an American citizen. According to the Constitution, he cannot be deported, no matter how much you want him deported.

Old 02-14-2023, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timaea View Post
It’s probably Section 8 style housing for the poor and destitute… Habitual jailbirds and poor immigrant old ladies get thrown together due to that common denominator.
Poor people will go wherever they can. The jailbird and his victim have poverty in common. And that put them together in the same building. She probably didn't have alot of skills to get a high-paying job possibly due to language barrier or her credentials aren't accepted in the USA. And he's a lifelong criminal/perennially unemployable.

Old 02-14-2023, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
The guy who did the stomping probably wants back in prison. He could be a big wig in there, and homeless outside. Inside prison he gets a shower, meals, weight room, and bed with sheets.
That thug is institutionalized. He cannot survive outside of prison without being a criminal. As horrible as prison is, he can't function outside of prison. He seems to require things be provided for him. He's a violent criminal and he lacks any kind of self-sufficiency.

Old 02-14-2023, 07:28 AM

78,676 posts, read 60,867,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I don't disagree with this. However, there is something to consider. He's 42. He won't get out until he's 60. Age catching up with Esco could be something to watch out for. He might be at the top of the food chain NOW. However, where will he be when he's 55?
Did they say 17.5 mandatory? He's been in for a bit already, he could be out in 8 years if serving 1/2 time.

Now is a good time to mention that NYC still won't release attacker statistics from their asian hate crime task force created after a surge in reported attacks (turns out they'd been going on before but not reported) that were politically attributed to Trump and white supremacy.

The task force cited that they don't want to cause tension between minority groups as if everyone in NYC doesn't already know.

Old 02-14-2023, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Poor people will go wherever they can. The jailbird and his victim have poverty in common. And that put them together in the same building. She probably didn't have alot of skills to get a high-paying job possibly due to language barrier or her credentials aren't accepted in the USA. And he's a lifelong criminal/perennially unemployable.
Saddest thing about that story was the woman losing her apartment where she'd lived for so long. Seriously, how was there not a go-fund-me or some celebrity or athlete stepping in?

Old 02-14-2023, 07:31 AM

3,307 posts, read 1,225,173 times
Man the moderators on this site are wild. Let a near year old thread get revived, but close down interesting threads that just started recently. What gives?

Old 02-14-2023, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko_complex24 View Post
Let a near year old thread get revived
He just got sentenced, so it's additional new information pertinent to the earlier discussion.

Not sure why that is confusing to you.

Old 02-14-2023, 09:45 AM

576 posts, read 304,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Saddest thing about that story was the woman losing her apartment where she'd lived for so long. Seriously, how was there not a go-fund-me or some celebrity or athlete stepping in?
Someone needs to start one! Hopefully this lady can get into safe, stable housing where she won’t ever have to experience something even close to this heinous crime again.

Old 02-14-2023, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I didn't even think of that. I hope she has some family that would have helped her. Something tells me she doesn't. I don't know why there isn't a GoFundMe or some celebrity or athlete stepping in. It's something I didn't think about. I don't think any athletes know about this. I also think about this. This incident was mentioned in the New York Post. This is something read mostly by conservatives. I don't see any conservatives stepping up either. I don't see anyone stepping up.

BTW, I noticed that other Asian women who have been attacked managed to get donations via GoFundMe. It isn't like there aren't people stepping up in other cases. I just don't see it in this case. Of course I don't know the name of the woman who got attacked in Yonkers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies