Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2022, 01:00 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,927,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishcopper View Post
As someone who served in the military and federal law enforcement for four decades with a high level security clearance I'm much more concerned about ChiCom and Russian moles serving in the U.S. military, government, intelligence community and industry than a handful of transgender people serving openly the military or government. To those of your bashing Space Force LTC Bree Fram what you done for your country lately?

It's not "her" I'm bashing. I think I made that pretty clear.

It's the USAF's decision to make "her" such an important feature and talk about "her" personal life so prominently in a military video.

Something's off about that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2022, 01:06 PM

1,627 posts, read 965,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by b29510 View Post
i really dont know, whats the differnet from being trans and gay. i dont know, does that means guys who like to dress as women still like gurl, thet be lebason. or is it guys with penis that like guys so that be a staraight gay

im sorry I really dont know
is bruce jenner gay now that he dress as a woman
I’m still a lesbian trapped in the body of a straight man with too much toxic masculinity coursing through my veins.

Old 04-01-2022, 01:12 PM

33,610 posts, read 18,276,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
I just want to be clear about something.

I have absolutely zero problem with transgender people, just as I have no problem with gay people.

In poll after poll a majority of the Republican Party is now with me on that.

Live and let live, we don't care - OK?

What I do have a major problem with, is every single moment being about promoting an ideology front and center - and acting as if it is the most prominent and important thing in our culture; all whilst indoctrinating others (including children!) into its sick group think.

The US military is meant to be a fighting force to defend the population. Not first and foremost, not mostly - but period. That is its only purpose. Everything else is ancillary.

And it certainly isn't meant to wade into the culture wars.

But wade it has.

So without further ado, the US Air Force celebrates Women's History Month:

https://twitter.com/usairforce/statu...80161376731144

Vladimir is quaking in his boots.
Thinking and feeling like woman does not make one a woman. They believe a lie.

Old 04-01-2022, 01:15 PM

23,649 posts, read 14,205,057 times
Quote:
It's not "her" I'm bashing. I think I made that pretty clear.

It's the USAF's decision to make "her" such an important feature and talk about "her" personal life so prominently in a military video.

Something's off about that.
I am not going to bother to take the time with the video but I sort of agree with you.....if from a different angle.

In recent weeks, when I've seen people post pictures of Ukraine women who happen to be uniform, I have corrected them from saying women to saying soldiers for that is what they are, what they have joined to be, what they have worked to achieve. If one were to meet them at a check point, would one address them as Ms......or Soldier?

Now, I am not talking about the Ukraine but rather when someone joins their military, they become that title of a member of their military be it Soldier, Sailor, Marine, and so forth. To still address them by their "sex" is doing them a disservice for one is not recognizing what they have decided to become.

It is the military, we are (when we were) all in it together, we are uniformed. As they once said in a recruiting commercial, Show the World that you are United States Navy.

That, whichever service, is what we are. For those to say what we were before is still not recognizing us for what we are doing.

Old 04-01-2022, 01:18 PM

2,051 posts, read 4,581,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by b29510 View Post
i really dont know, whats the differnet from being trans and gay. i dont know, does that means guys who like to dress as women still like gurl, thet be lebason. or is it guys with penis that like guys so that be a staraight gay

im sorry I really dont know
is bruce jenner gay now that he dress as a woman

I have a family member that was with a guy for 10 or so years and they have a child together - they also lived together for most of those ten years. Out of the clear blue sky, he declares he is transgendered. He gives himself a female name, shaves off his beard, starts wearing makeup and stops dressing like a biker dude.

He/she has decided that they are a lesbian because he/she does not want to have the surgery because he still wants to have "relations" with his/her girlfriend and still live like a family. He/she has no desire for men. Of course, my relative is having none of that and left him/her. Those that know him/her best have just decided that he is a cross dresser but came out as transgendered because maybe it's just more fashionable and cool.

Old 04-01-2022, 01:24 PM

6,846 posts, read 3,435,366 times
I used to know this girl, in California no less, that transitioned into being a man but decided to go back to being a woman so she could be a lesbian.

Girls will be boys and boys will be girls
It's a mixed up muddled up, shook up world
Except for Lola, L-L-Lola

Old 04-01-2022, 02:00 PM

455 posts, read 601,333 times
Another thread has turned into a Helen Lovejoy meme. Not surprised. Went from Trans & SpaceForce,to "When I was in the Airforce 50 years ago-Dinosaurs", to "Won't someone think of the children!", to completely uninformed posters regarding anything trans-related.

Par for the course here in Poli town and I'm not sure why I bother coming back to this place. It's like watching my Dad talk rhetorically at the TV playing Fox News 24/7

Old 04-01-2022, 02:11 PM

23,649 posts, read 14,205,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWarty View Post
Another thread has turned into a Helen Lovejoy meme. Not surprised. Went from Trans & SpaceForce,to "When I was in the Airforce 50 years ago-Dinosaurs", to "Won't someone think of the children!", to completely uninformed posters regarding anything trans-related.

Par for the course here in Poli town and I'm not sure why I bother coming back to this place. It's like watching my Dad talk rhetorically at the TV playing Fox News 24/7
A: Who is Helen Lovejoy?

B: When I think of the Air Force and 50 years ago, I think of multiple generations flying the B-52.

C: Isn't thinking about the children the tagline for gun control?

D: What does your Father say with Fox News? Since I don't watch them, I have no clue what you are trying to say.

Old 04-01-2022, 02:14 PM

26,901 posts, read 22,775,920 times
Quote:
I just want to be clear about something.

I have absolutely zero problem with transgender people, just as I have no problem with gay people.

In poll after poll a majority of the Republican Party is now with me on that.

Live and let live, we don't care - OK?

What I do have a major problem with, is every single moment being about promoting an ideology front and center - and acting as if it is the most prominent and important thing in our culture; all whilst indoctrinating others (including children!) into its sick group think.

The US military is meant to be a fighting force to defend the population. Not first and foremost, not mostly - but period. That is its only purpose. Everything else is ancillary.

And it certainly isn't meant to wade into the culture wars.

But wade it has.

So without further ado, the US Air Force celebrates Women's History Month:

https://twitter.com/usairforce/statu...80161376731144

Vladimir is quaking in his boots.

Vladimir is simply afraid to live in the just and progressive world.

He needs to see the light, and so does the rest of the backward Russian society.

Old 04-01-2022, 02:18 PM

43,753 posts, read 18,781,145 times
I served in the military and I think the pandering they are doing and lowering of standards is detrimental to the military.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies