Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2022, 07:48 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,908,623 times

Advertisements

These ignorant "educated" idiots are actually attacking people trying to build housing for the homeless, because the homeless had to be temporarily removed from the area in order to enable said construction.

It's just so mind blowingly stupid that I don't know if I can cope.

It's just too dumb.....can't do it.

Please make it stop.

Quote:
On Wednesday, protesters flooded People’s Park in Berkeley, California, chanting, “Housing is a human right, fight, fight, fight!” The reason the crowd was protesting? The University of California, Berkeley, was set to begin construction on a student housing project, which would not only house 1,100 Berkeley students at below-market rates, but also provide subsidized apartments for 125 homeless people. And the protesters want to stop this project.

According to the Associated Press, protesters threw rocks, bottles, and glass at construction workers. They also removed several sections of the chain-link fence surrounding the park. On Wednesday, the university announced that it would pause construction of the park, citing protester violence.
Moderator cut: copyright violation

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...ruction-demand

The cherry on the woke sundae: The University had already offered to shelter over 50 of the homeless in the construction zone. And they're sheltering people right now!

Last edited by Ibginnie; 08-07-2022 at 08:28 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2022, 07:53 PM

52,692 posts, read 34,630,631 times
best line:

"The police looked stoically at the onlookers amid period chants of “Power to the people!” before the majority of the protesters marched away in unison after the university stopped construction."

gonna 'empower' them with continued homelessness.

Old 08-07-2022, 08:02 PM

866 posts, read 320,524 times
It's Berkeley. It's Peoples Park. But it's not the 60's anymore.
They just need to protest something. The new housing will probably come with rules, therefore it won't be inclusive to all the criminals and drug addicts on the street.

If I was attending U.C. Berkeley, I sure as hell wouldn't want to share housing with the "homeless".

Old 08-07-2022, 08:21 PM

16,572 posts, read 10,672,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXstate0fmind View Post
They just need to protest something. The new housing will probably come with rules, therefore it won't be inclusive to all the criminals and drug addicts on the street.

If I was attending U.C. Berkeley, I sure as hell wouldn't want to share housing with the "homeless".
When I was in college, there was talk about housing the local homeless in the dorms during the month-long Christmas break. Luckily it never happened, but if it had, I would have moved all my stuff out before leaving on break. Even then, as a somewhat starry-eyed college student, I still had enough sense to know that the "noble" homeless would have made off with all my stuff well before I got back.

Old 08-08-2022, 11:50 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,642 posts, read 81,368,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXstate0fmind View Post

I had two classes without a teacher for a few days when in High school, about 1970, when our teacher got called in to People's Park as a member of the National Guard. It seems that times have not changed much there.

Old 08-08-2022, 12:25 PM

7,489 posts, read 3,897,112 times
This isn't about housing. The "homeless" and their activists don't want housing of any kind in the park. They want to use the park as they always have: as a place to buy/sell/use drugs where they won't get hassled by the police.

Housing of any kind in the park is counterproductive to their goals.

Old 08-08-2022, 12:37 PM

17 posts, read 4,153 times
Are these a bunch of NIMBYs?

Old 08-08-2022, 01:51 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,135,243 times
We don't call it Berserkeley for nothing. Same goes for San Fransicko.

Old 08-08-2022, 06:00 PM

30,093 posts, read 18,704,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
[indent]These ignorant "educated" idiots are actually attacking people trying to build housing for the homeless, because the homeless had to be temporarily removed from the area in order to enable said construction.

It's just so mind blowingly stupid that I don't know if I can cope.

It's just too dumb.....can't do it.

Please make it stop.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...ruction-demand

The cherry on the woke sundae: The University had already offered to shelter over 50 of the homeless in the construction zone. And they're sheltering people right now!

Liberals just enforcing the fact that they are irrational imbeciles.

Old 08-12-2022, 12:21 PM

3,476 posts, read 2,812,708 times
They need to pave People’s Park and put in a paradise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies