Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2022, 01:43 PM

1,904 posts, read 1,054,837 times

Advertisements

Thank God i don't live in this Corrupt little Town in Texas

"Thursday afternoon (March 31st), the Texas Attorney General's Office said a Lubbock County Grand Jury declined to indict William Kyle Carruth on any charges related to the shooting death of Chad Read.

Carruth and Read were involved in a confrontation on November 5th, 2021 at a south Lubbock residence that Carruth was both living at and working from. During the confrontation, Carruth was armed and shot Read, instantly killing him at the scene."
Famous Castle law case in Texas Sides with Owner/User who was in No Danger but Murdered a Man who was trying to pick up his kid from his X-wife.

???

To me, Carruth should have never got involved, he should have kept his mouth Shut,...instead, he acts like Little Napoleon and runs inside to grab a Shotgun to intimidate Read.

He then gets into a scuffle with the Gun, after firing a warning shot but THEN TURNS around and kills Read (a guy who was trying to get his kid for his visitation time).

What a coward. I think we've known all along Paxton didn't want an indictment. The legal case is likely flimsy based on Castle doctrine and the verbal threats made before Read reaches for the gun. The civil case I believe will allow for more interpretation of if the shooting was justified. Ridiculous that the law is allowed to be interpreted in way to exonerate an intentional, avoidable, and reckless murder. Baby boy was never in danger, the father had a right to be at his custody pick up, and retreating and returning showed the shooter did not feel in danger, and the warning shot is felony assault with a deadly weapon.

What a disgrace to Texas and this LAME ASS DA (another coward in office).

How many coward DA's do we have in this Country ?

https://www.lubbockonline.com/story/...es/7239858001/

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2022, 02:03 PM

11,125 posts, read 6,058,621 times
So Reid physically attacked Carruth. And that after a warning shot.

My question would be; Why would Carruth be required to retreat but not Reid? Reid is facing an armed man on that man's own property and he doesn't retreat? Why did he not retreat? Why should Carruth retreat? When he allegedly went to get his gun, Reid was free to leave but he didn't. He stayed and continued the confrontation, going as far as to physically attack Carruth.

Carruth did not turn away then turn back to shoot. He was thrown down while his attacker was trying to grapple his gun from him, was able to turn to fire. Carruth was clearly in danger.

Old 04-01-2022, 02:10 PM

7,829 posts, read 6,421,094 times
Hope his kids get revenge while they’re still minors.

Old 04-01-2022, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
So Reid physically attacked Carruth. And that after a warning shot.

My question would be; Why would Carruth be required to retreat but not Reid? Reid is facing an armed man on that man's own property and he doesn't retreat? Why did he not retreat? Why should Carruth retreat? When he allegedly went to get his gun, Reid was free to leave but he didn't. He stayed and continued the confrontation, going as far as to physically attack Carruth.

Carruth did not turn away then turn back to shoot. He was thrown down while his attacker was trying to grapple his gun from him, was able to turn to fire. Carruth was clearly in danger.

Thrown down....Where....When?

Negative...no one was thrown down (did you watch the same video)???

Carruth tried to intimidate Read by showing him a Shotgun and firing a Warning shot into the Ground. WHY ON EARTH would he do that when he knows Read is 'legally there' to pick up his kid.

Lots of ppl including me, feel he should have never been shot, Carruth was wrong by bringing out his gun.

Old 04-01-2022, 03:11 PM

20,037 posts, read 18,318,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balkins View Post
Thank God i don't live in this Corrupt little Town in Texas

"Thursday afternoon (March 31st), the Texas Attorney General's Office said a Lubbock County Grand Jury declined to indict William Kyle Carruth on any charges related to the shooting death of Chad Read.

Carruth and Read were involved in a confrontation on November 5th, 2021 at a south Lubbock residence that Carruth was both living at and working from. During the confrontation, Carruth was armed and shot Read, instantly killing him at the scene."
Famous Castle law case in Texas Sides with Owner/User who was in No Danger but Murdered a Man who was trying to pick up his kid from his X-wife.

???

To me, Carruth should have never got involved, he should have kept his mouth Shut,...instead, he acts like Little Napoleon and runs inside to grab a Shotgun to intimidate Read.

He then gets into a scuffle with the Gun, after firing a warning shot but THEN TURNS around and kills Read (a guy who was trying to get his kid for his visitation time).

What a coward. I think we've known all along Paxton didn't want an indictment. The legal case is likely flimsy based on Castle doctrine and the verbal threats made before Read reaches for the gun. The civil case I believe will allow for more interpretation of if the shooting was justified. Ridiculous that the law is allowed to be interpreted in way to exonerate an intentional, avoidable, and reckless murder. Baby boy was never in danger, the father had a right to be at his custody pick up, and retreating and returning showed the shooter did not feel in danger, and the warning shot is felony assault with a deadly weapon.

What a disgrace to Texas and this LAME ASS DA (another coward in office).

How many coward DA's do we have in this Country ?

https://www.lubbockonline.com/story/...es/7239858001/

Calm down.

The DA nor the AG's office made the call. The Carruth was no-billed by a GRAND JURY. As such this is likely over. As Carruth was no billed there is nearly no chance he faces peril in civil court either.

Old 04-01-2022, 03:20 PM

11,125 posts, read 6,058,621 times
Quote:
Thrown down....Where....When?

Negative...no one was thrown down (did you watch the same video)???

Carruth tried to intimidate Read by showing him a Shotgun and firing a Warning shot into the Ground. WHY ON EARTH would he do that when he knows Read is 'legally there' to pick up his kid.

Lots of ppl including me, feel he should have never been shot, Carruth was wrong by bringing out his gun.

My mistake. He was thrown off several feet, not thrown down.

Quote:
A confrontation between the men erupted with Carruth firing a warning shot at Read's feet and the two men struggled over the weapon. During the struggle, Carruth is thrown off several feet, but still holding the rifle. He spins around and fires twice at Read, who was struck.
And no, I didn't see the video down in the bottom corner - but I did now.

Yeah, Carruth should not have come out with a gun. And I agree, there was no need to shoot Reid!

That said, there was also no need for Reid to try to grapple the gun. That was my point - he should have retreated. That however is a separate issue to Carruth shooting him.

Also, from the video and not the text, Reid did not strike Carruth, ie physically attack him as such. He tried to grapple the gun and that was the wrong thing to do. Also, from the video it could be that Carruth was not thrown but rather was pulling on the gun when Reid either let go or lost his grip.

It seems that both of them were at fault there. Still, there was no need to shoot the man. Reid was not swinging his fists or anything like that.

Last edited by 303Guy; 04-01-2022 at 03:29 PM..

Old 04-01-2022, 03:42 PM

29,945 posts, read 25,072,371 times
I saw the video of this a long time ago. Both of these people behaved like complete idiots. But if I remember correctly, the deceased literally told the guy to shoot him, and he attempted to grab the weapon. That's a whole lot of stupid right there, and a whole lot of stupid results. I understand anger can make people behave irrationally but... The guy who tried grabbing the weapon could have gotten everyone killed. Imagine that gun going off multiple times in the struggle.

I was curious to see how this case was going to turn out. Thanks for the follow up story.

Old 04-01-2022, 04:05 PM

78,923 posts, read 61,095,586 times
The big brain (or at least not pea sized brain) play would be to record them not letting you have visitation, pulling out the shotgun and then leaving and calling the sheriff to sort out (and document) what occurred.

But hey, this isn't lake woebegone, half the population is on the backside of the IQ bell curve and that's without even considering other issues.

Old 04-01-2022, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
My mistake. ...

It seems that both of them were at fault there. Still, there was no need to shoot the man. Reid was not swinging his fists or anything like that.

Negative.

The law written in Texas, when you discharge your weapon in front of someone else as a warning shot, you have committed a Felony (Assault).

LINK

When you commit assault against someone, now YOU are the perpetrator of a crime, and i have a right to defend myself. Grabbing your gun and trying to wrestle it away, is not the safest thing to do, but i'm within my rights to do so.

I could give you more lectures on law in this case but its a waste of time (my time).

POINT BEING, the DA in this case obviously didn't want the case. He didn't NEED A GRAND JURY to press charges but 'he needed the grand jury to get out of the case.' And so he did...he slanted the case for the perp and picked a group of high school drops out who are now retired and sit on the 'Grand Jury' pools from time to time, wrestling with Legal Issues where one of them can barely spell about 6th grade level.

In my state, they would have charged that Jerk.

CIVILLY you are wrong; Think OJ Simpson...

LINK

Old 04-01-2022, 08:48 PM

20,037 posts, read 18,318,488 times
Quote:
Negative.

The law written in Texas, when you discharge your weapon in front of someone else as a warning shot, you have committed a Felony (Assault).

LINK

When you commit assault against someone, now YOU are the perpetrator of a crime, and i have a right to defend myself. Grabbing your gun and trying to wrestle it away, is not the safest thing to do, but i'm within my rights to do so.

I could give you more lectures on law in this case but its a waste of time (my time).

POINT BEING, the DA in this case obviously didn't want the case. He didn't NEED A GRAND JURY to press charges but 'he needed the grand jury to get out of the case.' And so he did...he slanted the case for the perp and picked a group of high school drops out who are now retired and sit on the 'Grand Jury' pools from time to time, wrestling with Legal Issues where one of them can barely spell about 6th grade level.

In my state, they would have charged that Jerk.

CIVILLY you are wrong; Think OJ Simpson...

LINK

Just stop. You do not know what you are talking about.

1.In Texas per state cases the charge for felony indictment comes only from a grand jury....................when a grand jury no-bills that's usually it. The DA can re-present the case to the grand jury later with more/different evidence and even present to another grand jury.

1.1 In Texas firing a warning shot can be a felony. Either the shooter said the waring shot was an AD or maybe the GJ decided the the warning shot was not worth further pursuit.

2. The DA CANNOT press charges without a grand jury true bill.

3. The guy is not going to be sued successfully.

Last edited by EDS_; 04-01-2022 at 08:57 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies