Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2022, 02:35 PM

17,904 posts, read 7,110,306 times

Advertisements

Whatever. The Republicans need to forget about getting black votes and concentrate on gettable votes from Hispanics and Asians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2022, 02:54 PM

5,024 posts, read 2,128,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post
I have a hard working black friend who voted for Biden who is now complaining about her high home heating oil bills. When I told her I wouldn't vote for Biden just on the energy issue, she had no idea the Democrats were for high energy prices, electric cars, etc! In my opinion, part of the problem is the busy blacks are working, bringing up their families, going to church, (and my friend was taking classes also) etc. and have no time or make no time to delve into politics, so they listen to their church ministers telling them to vote Democrat and figure they are making the right choice.
So true. Being half Black, I see this all the time, but this time, Black folks are now seeing and more important, feeling what voting for this new progressive Democrat party feels like AND!! Is only the beginning of the suffering to the Working-Class.

For years, I been telling people that this NEW Democrat party isn’t the party of FDR or JFK. Honestly, many Black people are not aware of how close Biden was to the KKK, supported segregation and the 1990s, the crime bill that basically targeted the Black communities across the country.

Old 04-03-2022, 02:57 PM

604 posts, read 277,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
More Black males are giving up, feeling that there is little to vote for. Black women gave Biden alot of votes.
Probably a lot of folks dropping out recognize the cycle: Dems do something unacceptable -> Red wave -> Reps do something unacceptable -> blue wave. I do appreciate a couple things though: I peruse a couple channels, Black Conservative Perspective on the "right", and Sabby Sabs on the "left", and both are totally done with dems (the latter, like myself, would prefer the 3rd party route).

Old 04-03-2022, 03:10 PM

79,135 posts, read 61,253,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
This online poll, 31 months before the 2024 election was limited to 1,004 people who can identify as any race, ethnicity, color, age, partisanship, religion, educational attainment, etc.

Responder’s “beliefs” about POTUS control of gas prices is a huge factor, right now.

The US has never been, is not and will never be energy independent.

This country deserves a better choice than 2 old guys in varying stages of cognitive decline and emotional instability.
1. Well when the entire democratic party went all in on gas prices being the presidents fault circa 2006-08 including a public senate dog and pony show, then the republicans picked up that narrative during the Obama years...the damage to reality has been done and many do blame the president for gas prices.

2. 100% agree lots of better candidates out there. Ironically (imo) the Repub voters imo chose poorly in their primary and the Dem voters didn't really get the same chance as the DNC and various operatives knee-capped (again) various candidates in favor of the pre-selected favorite. Basically election cheating like in the 2016 primary and again in 2020.

Old 04-03-2022, 03:26 PM

25,777 posts, read 17,532,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Whatever. The Republicans need to forget about getting black votes and concentrate on gettable votes from Hispanics and Asians.
This Republican thinks the party ought to do the right thing for America, make sure the playing field is flat for all persons concerned, and forget about going for anyone except America.
Democrats keep trying to tilt the playing field.

Old 04-03-2022, 03:32 PM

18,812 posts, read 7,720,346 times
SHOCK Poll: Biden’s Support Among Blacks Drops 32 Points

The shock is that the drop is ONLY 32 points.

If black people ever start noticing that the Democrat party has done NOTHING for black people since the Civil War (and earlier), despite their constant claims that they are the "party of minorities", the drop will be closer to 72 points.

Old 04-03-2022, 03:53 PM

8,751 posts, read 11,164,620 times
wait so the token women of color VP and SCOTUS nominee didn’t help the black vote?

Old 04-03-2022, 05:50 PM

73,189 posts, read 63,037,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
SHOCK Poll: Biden’s Support Among Blacks Drops 32 Points

The shock is that the drop is ONLY 32 points.

If black people ever start noticing that the Democrat party has done NOTHING for black people since the Civil War (and earlier), despite their constant claims that they are the "party of minorities", the drop will be closer to 72 points.
Or maybe Black people notice that the Democratic Party isn't doing much for them lately, especially men. However, the GOP isn't doing much to make Black people want to vote for it. It's basically the difference between picking acid reflux disease vs food poisoning.

You don't know how much the drop will be. I would say there is a better chance of more Blacks not voting at all. Currently, there are more minorities voting Democrat than Republican. I also think about this. The GOP hasn't done much that would make Blacks want to vote for them over the last 45 years.

This is basically the choice: Passive neglect vs passive hostility (with some indifference thrown in).

Old 04-03-2022, 05:58 PM

26,367 posts, read 13,248,948 times
The Pubs are not into hand-outs, just hand-ups. If you are looking for hand-outs, vote Dem. How's that been working out for you? How's that been working out for blacks in urban America for the last 70 years?

You cannot defend that, so don't even try. Its a human tragedy that makes me ill. I lived it in Brooklyn, Detroit, St. Louis, Birmingham, & Atlanta.

I'm not a Trumpster, but he had black employment & wages growing, & supported historic black colleges. Trump reached out to black clergy & listened to them. He increased black votes by 50% from 8% to 12%. Now its reported to be even higher...as is latino support.

The less handouts the af-am community gets, the more they will prosper, & lead the Republican party to victory. The welfare state of vote buying by the Dems failed...time to wake up.

Herschel Walker for Georgia Senate!

Quote:
Or maybe Black people notice that the Democratic Party isn't doing much for them lately, especially men. However, the GOP isn't doing much to make Black people want to vote for it. It's basically the difference between picking acid reflux disease vs food poisoning.

You don't know how much the drop will be. I would say there is a better chance of more Blacks not voting at all. Currently, there are more minorities voting Democrat than Republican. I also think about this. The GOP hasn't done much that would make Blacks want to vote for them over the last 45 years.

This is basically the choice: Passive neglect vs passive hostility (with some indifference thrown in).

Last edited by beach43ofus; 04-03-2022 at 06:08 PM..

Old 04-03-2022, 06:09 PM

79,135 posts, read 61,253,261 times
Quote:
I think that the very second that vote bloc starts to stray from historical patterns you'll see an outpouring of effort to fight more over them but realistically that's unlikely to happen.

As it stands they're largely assumed (taken for granted) to vote a certain way and nobody is putting much effort into that bloc as a result.

Meanwhile a relatively small swing bloc of voters in Florida (Cuban) have power to dictate national policy and then some. (Just as a counter example).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies