Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2022, 06:10 PM

53,470 posts, read 35,161,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
This Republican thinks the party ought to do the right thing for America, make sure the playing field is flat for all persons concerned, and forget about going for anyone except America.
excellent advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2022, 06:20 PM

20,139 posts, read 9,657,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
So true. Being half Black, I see this all the time, but this time, Black folks are now seeing and more important, feeling what voting for this new progressive Democrat party feels like AND!! Is only the beginning of the suffering to the Working-Class.

For years, I been telling people that this NEW Democrat party isn’t the party of FDR or JFK. Honestly, many Black people are not aware of how close Biden was to the KKK, supported segregation and the 1990s, the crime bill that basically targeted the Black communities across the country.
I come down VERY hard on the Biden administration, the Progressives, and most of the Democrats, but I also blame the RNC for the fact that Biden is now, at least on paper, POTUS. The RNC did a lousy job of portraying how bad Biden is and how far the "new Democrats" have come in their mission to destroy the "traditional values" of the U.S. with its wokeism. (And let me be clear: I and most Republicans are for equality for everyone, no matter what their race, ancestry, sexuality or gender, but we are tired and angry of straight white traditionalists being portrayed as horrible people.)

I hope that the Republican candidates will be civil in the upcoming elections, but also brutal in telling the truth about how terrible the Dems have been for almost all U.S. citizens.

Old 04-03-2022, 06:22 PM

12,114 posts, read 6,649,832 times
We now have so many incredibly bright and talented black republicans/conservatives with high integrity as politicians, journalists, speakers, and writers that normal blacks can see other options than just the pathetic Dems and clearly see the R party is not racist.

Old 04-03-2022, 06:25 PM

73,190 posts, read 63,037,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I can believe that.

IMO - blacks don't have a race problem, they have a man problem.

Why don't Democrats help black men?
I think it is both a race problem and a man problem.

This is just my opinion. As a Black man, I sometimes feel like there is a general insouciance when it comes to what Black men might go through. It isn't just Democrats not doing much for Black men. Republicans aren't doing much for Black men either.

In my opinion, there isn't much being done for Black men because the money isn't in helping Black men. Women, LGBT, and immigrants will get helped first. This is on the Democratic side. On the GOP side, I feel like Black people in general are basically invisible, unless there is some political use that can come from it.

I think it's becoming easier to ignore Black men because some politicians view Black men as "this isn't where the votes are". Democrats are taking for granted that Black men will vote for them. They've learned they can get the female vote, the woke vote, the LGBT vote, and the vote of some non-Black minorities. The coasts are good examples of this. Republicans learn they win best in two places Areas where there aren't that many Blacks there (many areas in flyover country). Also, places where the White population (and other non-Black groups) leans heavily Republican and is large enough to counteract the Black vote (the South is the best example of this).

Old 04-03-2022, 06:27 PM

1,213 posts, read 574,298 times
It’s beyond belief how Biden’s past history of racism and segregation and such are just totally ignored.
And it’s also beyond well documented, there’s plenty of audio, video, and press proving beyond a doubt what he has said and done. Like all smoking gun silver bullet evidence.
So because he was Obamas VP he is absolved of all crimes? Ridiculous.

Old 04-03-2022, 06:30 PM

20,696 posts, read 12,594,831 times
This is funny.

Table 2 shows the candidates’ favorability and respondents’ ability to give an opinion of Biden and the three Republicans. Notably, all four have net unfavorable ratings, with Biden the least net unfavorable and Trump the most net unfavorable.

Old 04-03-2022, 06:35 PM

20,363 posts, read 9,226,346 times
black folk buy gas and groceries too. Biden's popularity is in free fall.

Old 04-03-2022, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I think that the very second that vote bloc starts to stray from historical patterns you'll see an outpouring of effort to fight more over them but realistically that's unlikely to happen.

As it stands they're largely assumed (taken for granted) to vote a certain way and nobody is putting much effort into that bloc as a result.

Meanwhile a relatively small swing bloc of voters in Florida (Cuban) have power to dictate national policy and then some. (Just as a counter example).
I think voting for a 3rd party candidate might get some people talking. Maybe if BOTH parties soon find they can't get the Black vote, it might get interesting. However, that would require some trust and confidence that it would work.

This is how I see it. In order for voting patterns to chance, there has to be confidence in the alternative choice. While more and more Blacks have lost confidence in the Democrats, this does not mean more confidence in the Republican Party. Actually, over the last two election cycles, Black MALE voter participation has dropped. Some Black men feel like there is no one decent to vote for.

Old 04-03-2022, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
black folk buy gas and groceries too. Biden's popularity is in free fall.
Yes, that is true. However is something you might want to think about. Per capita, Black Americans have a lower rate of private automobile ownership than anyone else in America. And Black Americans are 13% of the USA population. 18% of Black households don't have a car. This means 18% of Black households not buying gas.

https://nationalequityatlas.org/indicators/Car_access#/

And there are also a decent-size number of Black people living in what we call "food deserts". Relative to other groups, a higher percentage of Blacks live in neighborhoods without a decent grocery store. Biden is losing popularity, but among which Black people is the question.

Old 04-03-2022, 06:50 PM

26,720 posts, read 15,275,169 times
Don't know how they voted, but a black janitor at my work said his black wife wished Trump was president.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies