Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2022, 09:39 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepnking View Post
"The fact that you think that is comparable is interesting."
Any surgery that is permanent -- adjusting a kids' appearnce or their identity -- should not be performed on a minor. They do not have the ability to understand the full consequence.

(I'm not talking plastic surgery to fix a tragic accident -- I'm talking about 'optional' surgery....I thought that was obvious).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2022, 09:45 AM

7,368 posts, read 3,529,717 times
more transgender children going through sterilization procedures will lead to a decrease in more liberals being created. i call that a win.

Old 11-25-2022, 09:46 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Because you think being trans is someone who is mentally ill. Their point -- they aren't.

I suspect acting out at a younger age was most definitely because of a confusion. Not relating to how others saw her/him....and not being able to verablize it. Could be with therapy at a young age that cihld would have developed emptahty, understanding because that child would have gotten empathy and understanding.

Of course there should be no permanent changes.

I struggle with the trans process. HAving seen a few people go through it, old school me didn't just blindly think it was wonderful.

BUt I do think we have to be careful of the overall messaging. It is clear that no matter how society 'forbids' a behavior, it doesn't mean it goes away. So as a society we need to help people, especially kids on how to deal with something we can't understand.

That's how I see gender affirming care. Change the name if you want...but let the kid get the help they need.

And there may be that on in one thousand kid who says -- oh never mind.
I think this girl is definitely mentally ill. I don’t just think it, I know it.

I’m not saying all trans are like her but gender dysphoria does seem like mental illness in the same way as eating disorders can be considered mental illness. It seems less cruel to help someone accept the body they ere born with rather than trying to change it to fit the dysphoria.

The fact that trans kids have doubled in recent years tells me that something else is going on beyond, all these kids are really trans and need to be affirmed.

Old 11-25-2022, 09:48 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
Quote:
Any surgery that is permanent -- adjusting a kids' appearnce or their identity -- should not be performed on a minor. They do not have the ability to understand the full consequence.

(I'm not talking plastic surgery to fix a tragic accident -- I'm talking about 'optional' surgery....I thought that was obvious).
Hormones are being given to kids and surgeries are also happening.

Old 11-25-2022, 09:50 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
I don't think so.

Gender affirming care doesn't push or reinforce what the child is saying.

It helps the child to process whatever dilemna, confusion, anxiety, etc. that is coming from this behaviour.

You have a child that has insisted on being the opposite sex for three years. A young child...8 years old.

The care would help them identify and verablize their feelings. It may help them to affirm that they ARE NOT the opposite sex.

What id doesn't do is attack the child for their feelings, or make them feel like they are sick or bad. Why? Becazuse those feelings are what lead kids' to depression.

Gender affirming care professionals are mental health officials. They aren't all trans or bi or LGBTQ and they are there to help the kids process their feelings not making them feel worse.
Yes. It does. Read up on it.

All it does is say, great you're a girl/boy. How can we get you more comfortable with yourself?

It does not identify any other mental illnesses. It does not offer long therapy sessions to see if "the new gender is right for you." It does not seek to find out if the kid is depressed, angry, abused, anxious or self hating. It does not identify eating disorders or body dysmorphia.

It is immediate and permanent acceptance. That's why it is called gender AFFIRMING therapy.

How do people still not understand this and why it is called AFFIRMING therapy?

I'm beginning to think some are just lying about it what it is because they don't want to admit what it actually is.

Old 11-25-2022, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Hormones are being given to kids and surgeries are also happening.
The gaslighting and intentional denial on this subject is off the charts.

Here .. look there's the sun ... points to the sun.

Reaction: Nope, that's the moon.

Old 11-25-2022, 10:06 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2022/...ng-procedures/

Wow!

There has to be something mentally wrong with you to think it's okay for a child to decide to undergo life-altering surgery.{snip}
Apple is not a health care company, nor are they a child care company. Why is Apple focusing on the sexual decisions and health of children? These corporations have gotten out of control, if they think they can veer off into fields of study and social experiments that have nothing to do with their corporate business.

Old 11-25-2022, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Apple is not a health care company, nor are they a child care company. Why is Apple focusing on the sexual decisions and health of children? These corporations have gotten out of control, if they think they can veer off into fields of study and social experiments that have nothing to do with their corporate business.
Because pushback is gaining lots of traction.

They need a big partner to reinforce the message of destroying child innocence at all costs.

Old 11-25-2022, 10:16 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
more transgender children going through sterilization procedures will lead to a decrease in more liberals being created. i call that a win.
Is it an accident that the same people who act like Henny Penny "the sky is falling," when it comes to the climate, over population, are also the same people pushing hatred for straight, heterosexual men, and gender dysphoria on our children? I think the goal is depopulation. The more young people that despise their own existence, claim to be gay, trans, or have a disdain for marriage, the fewer young people will get married and have children. I think these crazy leftists believe the trans movement is just the sanctimonious left doing their part to save the planet, by reducing the human footprint on the planet.

Is it all bad though? If we can get the mentally deranged left to stop breeding, we just might help reduce the gene pool of the world, and help rid human populations of at least some of the weak-minded and mentally defective humans. Yes, I'm 'a glass half full' kind of person.

Old 11-25-2022, 10:55 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
I work in “big tech” and I think it’s largely employee-driven. Employees who are ultra-woke (especially those in the Bay Area) make a lot of threats and demands for companies to take positions on social issues and the companies proceed to do so, so that they don’t get a reputation as being racist, sexist, or whatever. These social justice warrior types basically cause a scene and basically browbeat everyone into “agreeing” with them or at the very least, getting everyone else keep quiet for fear of losing their job.
Agree ^^ this is what I’m seeing happening…
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies