Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2022, 12:54 PM

7,072 posts, read 9,641,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnomaboidenapolis View Post
California has all the hallmarks of a third world, not yet failed, but definitely failing state:

-Crumbling infrastructure: it's not just the failed high-speed rail. Anyone who's been to Cali can attest to the awful roads
-
I was in the Bay area at the end of March. The poor condition of the roads shocked me considering California does not get the infamous "freeze-and-thaw" conditions that supposedly destroy roads in northern states.

Old 05-26-2022, 01:01 PM

5,966 posts, read 2,785,359 times
I just hope my CA city can fix the roads, since we're so rich with a huge budget surplus! Maybe use some funds towards law enforcement to make this the safest state in the union? Maybe use those funds to increase capacity on our transportation network? Maybe use those funds to build new infrastructure for water storage, or desalination plants?

Nah, they're going to send out $400 checks for each car to combat Joe Biden's inflation. That's a good use of money.
/s

Old 05-26-2022, 01:03 PM

4,434 posts, read 1,725,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingsToValhalla View Post
California will probably give it away to illegal aliens who are already taking tens of billions from California taxpayers.
Actually, CA has to legally give some of it back to the residents. That's why CA has a state stimulus last year, and this year they are talking about giving more stimulus to residents to offset inflation. It makes for good soundbites for the Dems, but they are actually obligated by law to return some of it.

Old 05-26-2022, 01:05 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,803,763 times
Maybe because American citizens are leaving it for the first time since Juan Cabrillo discovered it. Its budget surplus is due to maybe 0.1% of it people who the rest feed off.

Old 05-26-2022, 01:10 PM

8,372 posts, read 2,987,798 times
Same idiotic threads over and over. California surplus….blah blah blah. Homeless, crime, cost of living, traffic, taxes, idiotic laws, illegal aliens, $6 gas…..no problem.

California is an embarrassment to the nation. One third of the nation’s welfare recipients live in California. Highest rate of 18-25 yr olds without a high school diploma.

What a great state. I miss all those homeless tent communities and beggars everywhere you go before I left that s-hole. 40 yrs ago things were different there. 40 yrs ago I bragged about Southern California and the California beach girls. The contrast is amazing.

You’d think they’d use some of that money to fix the millions of potholes in L.A. County. The freeways are thrashed. The airport is a filthy. What do they do with that “surplus”?

Old 05-26-2022, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Same idiotic threads over and over. California surplus….blah blah blah. Homeless, crime, cost of living, traffic, taxes, idiotic laws, illegal aliens, $6 gas…..no problem.

California is an embarrassment to the nation. One third of the nation’s welfare recipients live in California. Highest rate of 18-25 yr olds without a high school diploma.

What a great state. I miss all those homeless tent communities and beggars everywhere you go before I left that s-hole. 40 yrs ago things were different there. 40 yrs ago I bragged about Southern California and the California beach girls. The contrast is amazing.

You’d think they’d use some of that money to fix the millions of potholes in L.A. County. The freeways are thrashed. The airport is a filthy. What do they do with that “surplus”?
I love California. I'm traveling to another state this weekend for vacation, but I'll be happy to come back to California when the weekend is over.

Old 05-26-2022, 03:10 PM

25,862 posts, read 16,574,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
I love California. I'm traveling to another state this weekend for vacation, but I'll be happy to come back to California when the weekend is over.
I can go to NAPA and a few other places whenever I want and then thank God I can go home where it’s not wall to wall people, wild fires or mud slides. You can keep that craphole as far as a place to live.

Old 05-26-2022, 05:39 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,691,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNigh View Post
That can’t even build a rail line. Not being able to accomplish public infrastructure is pretty much the hallmark of a failed state.
But that happens in Red States, too.

Old 05-26-2022, 05:40 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,691,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
I think the better question is why California has such a severe homeless problem when it has a 68B budget surplus?

68B is roughly 25% of California's operating budget, right? For-profit California is the epitome of the democrat's wet dream. They could take the surplus tax revenue from the California elite and pay each homeless person over $400K each just this year alone.
It's because Californians don't want low-income housing built next to them.

Old 05-26-2022, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I can go to NAPA and a few other places whenever I want and then thank God I can go home where it’s not wall to wall people, wild fires or mud slides. You can keep that craphole as far as a place to live.
I will!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies