Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2022, 04:37 PM

29,988 posts, read 25,118,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Become a hotbed of racism?

It IS a hotbed of racism. You see more Stars and Bars flying in central and northern Florida than almost anywhere else in the south. Try living in the Leesburg area if you are even a dark shade of white. Jacksonville has long been problematic. On the other side, the Pensacola area, it may as well be a KKK Klavern.

People are loud and proud about their racism. It's disgusting.

The KKK is almost non existent now. Last I heard there were less than 10,000 members.

I consider the confederate flag to be part of southern heritage and history. You can argue that it represents racism, but that's for another thread. I don't automatically assume someone is a racist because they have confederate merchandise, flags, etc. Their home, their belongings, their life, it's none of my business.

When I say I don't want to see Florida become a hotbed of racism, I mean I don't want violence and crime against minorities to become a common occurrence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The NAACP, the bad journalist and others went right past "possible" without facts and they're not even speculating.

They've made their determination.

#justiceforjuicy

At least in this case we at least know she was assaulted, they just completely left out the run-up and jumped in at the part where he's yelling at her.

I'm thinking it might be road rage or parking lot rage.

Could be, or he could have used racial slurs as she claims and began beating her. We don't know. Of course the NAACP and leftist media will push the racism angle in cases where it's a possibility. But that doesn't mean violence towards minorities doesn't happen, because it most certainly does. The media of course is sloppy and biased as hell and is not helping but that's a totally different topic.

This case is nothing at all like the Juicey Jussie case.

If the women spit on the man or something like that, do you think it would be appropriate for the man to respond the way he did? I too would like to know what if anything she did to bring about a response like that, but there isn't much that would justify such a response that I can think of, unless she physically attacked him in some way prior to what we see in the video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Worthy of alphabet national evening news

I'm impressed that it did not become national news blasted on CNN and MSDNC. How did they hold themselves back????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2022, 04:47 PM

8,493 posts, read 3,044,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/...seen-in-video/

I hope Florida doesn't become a hotbed of racism where minorities have to live in fear from maniacs like this. I don't think it's like that now, but incidents like this are shocking and deserve more attention. This was not classified as a hate crime, but if more details emerge, I suspect that could change. Hopefully this man is brought to justice and Florida can continue being an example of a prosperous republican stronghold and a beacon of hope.
Minorities living in fear of whites? I thought this was a joke when I first read it?

Are you aware of the rate of black on white assaults in the U.S.?

Old 05-21-2022, 04:54 PM

8,493 posts, read 3,044,405 times
Quote:

It IS a hotbed of racism. You see more Stars and Bars flying in central and northern Florida than almost anywhere else in the south. Try living in the Leesburg area if you are even a dark shade of white. Jacksonville has long been problematic. On the other side, the Pensacola area, it may as well be a KKK Klavern.

The rate of violence in areas where folks fly a confederate flag are extremely low. Unless you’re doing it on the south side of Chicago and similar “hoods”. Amazing how many of those that hate the confederate flag are racist. The weak minded are easily brainwashed.

Old 05-21-2022, 05:00 PM

29,988 posts, read 25,118,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Minorities living in fear of whites? I thought this was a joke when I first read it?

Are you aware of the rate of black on white assaults in the U.S.?

I'm also aware that the lame stream media propagandizes people and places irrational fear in people's heads. There's a lot of that going on. The FBI goes as far as to claim white supremacists are the greatest threat to the USA.

Of course many minorities are going to think racism is everywhere. But it doesn't mean racism doesn't exist and racially motivated violence against minorities doesn't happen. Everyone by now knows whites and Asians are targeted in the very same way from time to time. This stuff, all of it, should be stomped out completely and equally.

I'm curious to see the outcome of this particular incident and hopefully more details will be made public so we can find out what led up to the incident in the video.

Old 05-21-2022, 05:07 PM

79,054 posts, read 61,211,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Could be, or he could have used racial slurs as she claims and began beating her. We don't know. Of course the NAACP and leftist media will push the racism angle in cases where it's a possibility. But that doesn't mean violence towards minorities doesn't happen, because it most certainly does. The media of course is sloppy and biased as hell and is not helping but that's a totally different topic.

This case is nothing at all like the Juicey Jussie case.

If the women spit on the man or something like that, do you think it would be appropriate for the man to respond the way he did? I too would like to know what if anything she did to bring about a response like that, but there isn't much that would justify such a response that I can think of, unless she physically attacked him in some way prior to what we see in the video.
1) The news article should then communicate that the guy just started screaming, it doesn't. Perhaps this is just a horribly written article which is normal these days.

2) The only similarity to Juicy, Althea (Madison burn gal) and this case are the immediate belief in them and that it was automatically true racism without getting all the facts. At least here we know an actual crime occurred.

3) I already prefaced in an earlier post that there is no excuse in any event for striking her.

I think that the way he tried to cut in front of her at the line might suggest the origins of what made him mad in the first place, but that may not be anything she did but rather what he perceived...like him thinking she took his parking place or road rage etc.

Again, guy should face charges...just some of the facts and particulars aren't quite jiving.

Old 05-21-2022, 05:11 PM

10,049 posts, read 9,564,212 times
Quote:

And some see White supremacist racist attacks everywhere they look.

Quote:
The chairwoman of the Congressional Black Caucus (CBC) blamed White supremacy for last week's shooting at a Dallas Korean hair salon, but the suspect charged with carrying out the attack is Black.

Rep. Joyce Beatty, D-Ohio, made the claim at a Thursday press conference outside the Capitol that saw House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., in attendance.

"On Monday, three people in a Korean-owned hair salon in Dallas were gunned by yet another White supremacy replacement theorist," Beatty said to the assembled crowd.

"We are sick of the pipeline from racist rhetoric to racist violence," Beatty continued.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/...ack/5-2553966/

Old 05-21-2022, 08:48 PM

10,796 posts, read 3,626,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
The rate of violence in areas where folks fly a confederate flag are extremely low. Unless you’re doing it on the south side of Chicago and similar “hoods”. Amazing how many of those that hate the confederate flag are racist. The weak minded are easily brainwashed.
Racism is not only exhibited by violence. Have you spent time in the areas I mentioned? I know people who live there. Racism is visceral. Leesburg, Pensacola, Jacksonville etc. etc.

Old 05-21-2022, 08:52 PM

26,713 posts, read 15,265,392 times
Sad that things like this happen.

Old 05-21-2022, 09:15 PM

16,609 posts, read 10,786,736 times
Quote:
Racism is not only exhibited by violence. Have you spent time in the areas I mentioned? I know people who live there. Racism is visceral. Leesburg, Pensacola, Jacksonville etc. etc.
Years ago, I remember reading about a group of black guys who beat up a white guy on a bus in Jacksonville. He was targeted because he was the only white person on the bus. That's it, that's the only reason. Is that the sort of racism you're referring to?

Old 05-21-2022, 09:21 PM

3,334 posts, read 3,293,836 times
Has Governor DeSantis been blamed for this yet? You know he was born in Jacksonville.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies