Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2022, 03:51 PM

29,977 posts, read 25,099,231 times

Advertisements

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/...seen-in-video/

I hope Florida doesn't become a hotbed of racism where minorities have to live in fear from maniacs like this. I don't think it's like that now, but incidents like this are shocking and deserve more attention. This was not classified as a hate crime, but if more details emerge, I suspect that could change. Hopefully this man is brought to justice and Florida can continue being an example of a prosperous republican stronghold and a beacon of hope.

Last edited by andywire; 05-21-2022 at 04:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2022, 03:53 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,457,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
... and Florida can continue being an example of a prosperous republican stronghold and a beacon of hope in an increasingly volatile and violent United States.
Oh. Oh noes. Uhmmm. I don't know if you are just unaware, but Its Florida. Theres LITERALLY memes about Florida man.

Old 05-21-2022, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Oh. Oh noes. Uhmmm. I don't know if you are just unaware, but Its Florida. Theres LITERALLY memes about Florida man.

Oh believe me, I am well aware of Florida man. He ran from police while high on meth and jumped in a lake where he was then eaten by an alligator. He was also found stuck in a sewer several months later, also high on meth. He once attacked a worker in a drive through with a python. Florida man also gropes Disney workers, parks his smart car in his kitchen to protect it from hurricanes, and even has been arrested for attempting to get an alligator drunk.

What a life Florida man lives or lived

Old 05-21-2022, 04:07 PM

79,009 posts, read 61,161,318 times
Quote:

I hope Florida doesn't become a hotbed of racism where minorities have to live in fear from maniacs like this. I don't think it's like that now, but incidents like this are shocking and deserve more attention. This was not classified as a hate crime, but if more details emerge, I suspect that could change. Hopefully this man is brought to justice and Florida can continue being an example of a prosperous republican stronghold and a beacon of hope in an increasingly volatile and violent United States.
A terrible (biased?) reporting job because it leaves out all information about what occurred PRIOR. The police report doesn't say hate crime and they were unable to talk to any other witnesses but you have people calling it a hate crime based solely on her depiction of events.

We don't know if this gal instigated things (doesn't justify the assault) and the guy flew off the handle or whatever else occurred.

As such, you might want to pump the "racism" brakes until you get more facts\answers there.

Old 05-21-2022, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
And Florida woman.

Old 05-21-2022, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Oh believe me, I am well aware of Florida man. He ran from police while high on meth and jumped in a lake where he was then eaten by an alligator. He was also found stuck in a sewer several months later, also high on meth. He once attacked a worker in a drive through with a python. Florida man also gropes Disney workers, parks his smart car in his kitchen to protect it from hurricanes, and even has been arrested for attempting to get an alligator drunk.

What a life Florida man lives or lived
Yeah and those aren't even some of the *really sordid* things.

Old 05-21-2022, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
A terrible (biased?) reporting job because it leaves out all information about what occurred PRIOR. The police report doesn't say hate crime and they were unable to talk to any other witnesses but you have people calling it a hate crime based solely on her depiction of events.

We don't know if this gal instigated things (doesn't justify the assault) and the guy flew off the handle or whatever else occurred.

As such, you might want to pump the "racism" brakes until you get more facts\answers there.

The NAACP already made a statement. Of course this is going to be looked at as a possible case of racism. But you are right that we don't know all the details and can't make a determination, but of course many people are going to speculate as they always do.

Old 05-21-2022, 04:18 PM

10,798 posts, read 3,624,519 times
Quote:

I hope Florida doesn't become a hotbed of racism where minorities have to live in fear from maniacs like this. I don't think it's like that now, but incidents like this are shocking and deserve more attention. This was not classified as a hate crime, but if more details emerge, I suspect that could change. Hopefully this man is brought to justice and Florida can continue being an example of a prosperous republican stronghold and a beacon of hope.
Become a hotbed of racism?

It IS a hotbed of racism. You see more Stars and Bars flying in central and northern Florida than almost anywhere else in the south. Try living in the Leesburg area if you are even a dark shade of white. Jacksonville has long been problematic. On the other side, the Pensacola area, it may as well be a KKK Klavern.

People are loud and proud about their racism. It's disgusting.

Old 05-21-2022, 04:27 PM

Quote:
The NAACP already made a statement. Of course this is going to be looked at as a possible case of racism. But you are right that we don't know all the details and can't make a determination, but of course many people are going to speculate as they always do.
The NAACP, the bad journalist and others went right past "possible" without facts and they're not even speculating.

They've made their determination.

At least in this case we at least know she was assaulted, they just completely left out the run-up and jumped in at the part where he's yelling at her.

I'm thinking it might be a road rage or parking spot rage type situation.

It is a #GLARING RED FLAG# for this to be a one-sided story that doesn't begin with what made the guy mad in the first place but rather begins with him already mad and yelling.

Old 05-21-2022, 04:34 PM

27,782 posts, read 16,293,283 times
Worthy of alphabet national evening news
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies