Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2022, 09:09 PM

1,066 posts, read 1,559,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXstate0fmind View Post
TA is well known as a pain in the ass and Donaldson is also known as being a dick.

I'm sure the logic goes like this: white guy laughs at black guys self comparison to a legendary black player = put down of black guy, hence racism.
TA is actually liked and respected around the league and his teammates love him. Josh Donaldson is on a new team every other year and is not a good clubhouse guy. It’s telling that none of his teammates are speaking in his defense. Not even a generic “he’s a great guy”. His own manager threw him under the bus.

I don’t think he deserves to be suspended. He fired up the Sox enough to sweep the double header so thanks for that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2022, 09:26 PM

3,349 posts, read 1,238,192 times
I'm a huge baseball fan.

Anderson and Donaldson are both idiots who hate each other and should just be allowed to fight and get it out of their system. It has NOTHING to do with race. As someone else said if a player compared themselves to Babe Ruth other players would sarcastically call them Babe.

Rachael Robinson should also be allowed to slap both of them.

The suspension is a pointless joke anyway. For those not aware players can appeal suspensions in MLB. For a one game suspension he can just wait for a day he wasn't going to play anyway, drop the appeal and serve the suspension.

As it happens he also tested positive for covid today so that will have to wait.

I was watching this game and in the post game Whitesox manager, Tony Larussa (a complete blowhard and massively overrated manager in my opinion) said what Donaldson said was racist. When asked exactly what he said answered "it's as bad as it gets" making it sounds like Donaldson dropped an N bomb. Frankly Larussa should be suspended for that.

Old 05-23-2022, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendu View Post
TA is actually liked and respected around the league and his teammates love him. Josh Donaldson is on a new team every other year and is not a good clubhouse guy. It’s telling that none of his teammates are speaking in his defense. Not even a generic “he’s a great guy”. His own manager threw him under the bus.

I don’t think he deserves to be suspended. He fired up the Sox enough to sweep the double header so thanks for that!
I agree Donaldson isn't well liked, but Anderson also has zero business comparing himself to Jackie Robinson. Another reason nobody spoke up for Donaldson is because they don't want to get crucified by the woke media. It's just not worth it- there is nothing to gain.

Even though the Yankees lost, I had fun at the doubleheader.
If this never happened it wouldn't have changed the outcome of the games.

Old 05-23-2022, 09:47 PM

4,665 posts, read 4,977,549 times
Quote:

As a Guardians fan, the last time I heard from Tim Anderson was when he was flipping off the Cleveland crowd after making a couple errors in a game earlier this season. But sure, he's pure as the driven snow. Whatever makes the narrative taste better, I guess.

Donaldson is a dick, as others have said, but it's never mattered what guys like him (which is a lot of guys) say to other players when they're between the lines. And there's no good reason for it to start mattering.

Old 05-23-2022, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
As a Guardians fan, the last time I heard from Tim Anderson was when he was flipping off the Cleveland crowd after making a couple errors in a game earlier this season. But sure, he's pure as the driven snow. Whatever makes the narrative taste better, I guess.

Donaldson is a dick, as others have said, but it's never mattered what guys like him (which is a lot of guys) say to other players when they're between the lines. And there's no good reason for it to start mattering.
Exactly.
They don't like each other which I think is actually good for the sport rather than guys always being buddy buddy with opponents.JD wasn't being racist, he was mocking someone he doesn't like.

Old 05-23-2022, 10:55 PM

1,066 posts, read 1,559,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnslaw View Post
I agree Donaldson isn't well liked, but Anderson also has zero business comparing himself to Jackie Robinson. Another reason nobody spoke up for Donaldson is because they don't want to get crucified by the woke media. It's just not worth it- there is nothing to gain.

Even though the Yankees lost, I had fun at the doubleheader.
If this never happened it wouldn't have changed the outcome of the games.
Don't know about that, the Sox had been struggling and going through the motions all season. And this isn't the first time that a Josh Donaldson incident fired the team up (last year when Donaldson confronted Lucas Giolito in the parking lot after some media back-and-forth started by Donaldson accusing Giolito of using "sticky stuff", the Sox gave the Twins a beat-down the next game).

By the way: as I'm sure you know, Donaldson made the same accusation against Gerrit Cole last season and Boone has to sit the two down to smooth things over after the trade. He's an equal opportunity jackass.

Old 05-23-2022, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Don't know about that, the Sox had been struggling and going through the motions all season. And this isn't the first time that a Josh Donaldson incident fired the team up (last year when Donaldson confronted Lucas Giolito in the parking lot after some media back-and-forth started by Donaldson accusing Giolito of using "sticky stuff", the Sox gave the Twins a beat-down the next game).

By the way: as I'm sure you know, Donaldson made the same accusation against Gerrit Cole last season and Boone has to sit the two down to smooth things over after the trade. He's an equal opportunity jackass.
It wasn't some baseless accusation he was right about Cole, Giolito and others.

Old 05-23-2022, 10:59 PM

14,229 posts, read 4,593,980 times
Jackie as in Jackie Robinson who was one of the greatest baseball players of all time?

That’s a compliment

Old 05-24-2022, 03:56 AM

1,567 posts, read 906,930 times
It sounds like the white player was defending the legacy of Jackie Robinson. It’s obnoxious AF for a young spoiled black millionaire ball player in woke 2022 to compare himself to a legend like JR. If Reggie Jackson had been there he would have said, “go ahead, call yourself Mohamed Ali before I knock your silly ass out.”

Old 05-24-2022, 03:57 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
Of course he was suspended.... I had no doubt he would be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies