Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2022, 01:26 PM

43,594 posts, read 18,669,466 times

Advertisements

I think we all agree there has been an increase.
Various reasons have been given why but our government only seem to focus on the gun and gun laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2022, 01:28 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,612,154 times
half the country has been angry for decades, tax-cuts for the wealthy further divided the top and bottom, so the angry people got behind a messiah like character who...you guessed it cut the same taxes the same ways....that is bonkers, yes

Old 05-25-2022, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis44102 View Post
half the country has been angry for decades, tax-cuts for the wealthy further divided the top and bottom, so the angry people got behind a messiah like character who...you guessed it cut the same taxes the same ways....that is bonkers, yes
The shooters have been young...too young to have been so angered at society like that.

Old 05-25-2022, 01:33 PM

9,549 posts, read 7,113,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyaleWithCheese View Post
The studies were limited in scope (and also produced a variety of results) so as to make them relatively meaningless for this purpose. Sure, one can say that it is likely that SSRI's can cause some people to act violently. But there really isnt much more to be taken from that article than that.

I support constitutional carry and no licensing or registration for gun ownership. But just because I do not wish gun control to not be the target doesnt mean I will latch onto poor attempts to deflect from the matter. Yes, "mental health" is a problem but I am certainly not going to support locking people up who didnt commit a crime. Most people just say "mental health" is the issue simply to move the discussion away from gun control. But we also want government to have limited power so I am having trouble figuring out what the government is supposed to do about mental health to limit these shootings from happening. I am not saying I dont want the discussion to happen, I do. But I would like real ideas not just deflection attempts.
It is not a deflection attempt.

And posters who have been around here a lot longer than you would tell you that. Frankly, that is an insulting comment.

As for what can the government do to support mental health…about 100 things that they aren’t doing right now…

Shouldn’t the FDA be doing more than slapping a black box on the label of these drugs? But politicians are beholden to big pharma, aren’t they?

Old 05-25-2022, 01:39 PM

2,612 posts, read 941,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post

And posters who have been around here a lot longer than you would tell you that. Frankly, that is an insulting comment.

As for what can the government do to support mental health…about 100 things that they aren’t doing right now…

Shouldn’t the FDA be doing more than slapping a black box on the label of these drugs? But politicians are beholden to big pharma, aren’t they?
What should they be doing?

Old 05-25-2022, 01:42 PM

29,807 posts, read 14,865,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post

Exactly, big pharma is way up on the list of lobbyists, much higher than the NRA.

Old 05-25-2022, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyaleWithCheese View Post
What should they be doing?
Not handing out drugs like it's candy. The US is #1 with the most people on prescription drugs.

If you have to ask then you have not done your research into what is really happening.

Old 05-25-2022, 02:03 PM

29,807 posts, read 14,865,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Not handing out drugs like it's candy. The US is #1 with the most people on prescription drugs.

If you have to ask then you have not done your research into what is really happening.
I guess I never knew this. Interesting. Can't have anything to do with the amount of people snapping, can it ?

Old 05-25-2022, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I guess I never knew this. Interesting. Can't have anything to do with the amount of people snapping, can it ?
Actually it does. SSRI's have that type of side effect....violence.
About 16-17% of Americans are on SSRI's...

Why are they snapping is what people should be asking.

https://www.psychreg.org/antidepress...ass-shootings/

Old 05-25-2022, 02:57 PM

24,722 posts, read 17,469,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post

The mass shooting thing seemed to start with those events in the '80s.

You're questioning about how and why this didn't become an endemic problem in the Post Office probably is worth examining.

I'm thinking that the guys that were most at risk of snapping simply aged out and retired from the job.

Today what is really scary is that we have move guns out there and less morals. We have so many more young people that are easily unhinged when something doesn't go their way and they don't seem to have the will to overcome.

Last week in a post here on CD there was a mixed race kid that was attacking his white mom and calling her a racist because she was making him do chores. The school (Democrats) had taught him to identify with his perpetually oppressed Black half. They turned the kid into a victim within his own family.

This is an example of how much stress inducing nonsense that is being dumped on the kids these days by the Lefty schemes to control.

They are raising a generation that is questioning everything like their Gender, Race, Economic Disparity, Equity and if they are Woke enough. Add the likes of AOC telling us that we are going to die in 10 years due to Climate Change the future is looking Bleak and the kids are noticing to their detriment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies