Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Trum or Desantis?
Desantis 174 78.73%
Trump 47 21.27%
Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2022, 06:28 AM

63,469 posts, read 29,475,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
I agree with you it’s the fault of the White Supremacists, but his initial not denouncing them became
a dog whistle to them as did his denouncing many Mexicans as bad people.
There’s videos on you tube of his Jake Tapper I interview where he wouldn’t denounce them, but even CNN admits here that he did clearly denounce them later. The point I’m making is he will continue to be used by the liberals as a supporter of WS while DeSantis doesn’t have that dog whistle racist effect.
https://www.cnn.com/2016/03/03/polit...kkk/index.html
CNN? I provided a link for you did you not read it? Trump never said that Mexicans here legally are bad people. He was referring to those here illegally but he even added that "some" were good people. Congrats, you swallowed the Democrat's false talking points hook, line and sinker! Couldn't one say that Biden and the Democrats have brought the brown reconquistas out of the woodwork by pandering to their group here illegally then?

However, I would much rather DeSantis run and be president than Trump again because all the BS above would just re-occur from the Democrats again. I would like DeSantis to stick with Trump's policies though. So far it looks like he would.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2022, 07:20 AM

187 posts, read 69,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
A lot of the WS groups took Trump’s Make America Great Again to actually mean - make America white again.
And Because he originally refused to denounced David Duke and white supremacist groups saying he couldn’t denounce them because he didn’t know anything about them….
That gave those groups a dog whistle and there were other things Trump said that were used to rally WS people for the Charlottesville protest.

Later, Trump did denounce WS and Duke. And I repeat, I don’t think Trump supports white supremacy.
Trump is a New York, rich liberal, it is in the realm of possibility that he doesn't know David Duke. Lets do an experiment, ask 10 people you know if they know David Duke, no cheating! Don't give hints. Just ask, "Hey have you heard of David Duke?" I bet you more than 50% of people will respond, "The actor?"

Yes many pro white groups have started using the "Make America Great Again" term. That is true. But when Trump said it he never mentioned white supremacy. Sure you can speculate, but I am quite certain I never heard him say something like,

Whites have higher IQs than ______
This country was founded by whites, any city that becomes majority non white tends to fall in quality.
White people founded this country and the first major waves of immigrants were White European Christians

So pro white groups are chanting Make America Great Again, but when the term was first used it was not explicitly pro white. When the term is used by the vast majority, it is not referring to white supremacy, yes it may be referring to a time when there was less mass immigration, when wages were relatively much higher, when the country was more unified, when men could not magically change to women, when America was unquestionably the strongest militarily and economically etc.

-true conservative, not a RINO

Old 06-22-2022, 08:00 AM

63,469 posts, read 29,475,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_modern_philosopher View Post
Trump is a New York, rich liberal, it is in the realm of possibility that he doesn't know David Duke. Lets do an experiment, ask 10 people you know if they know David Duke, no cheating! Don't give hints. Just ask, "Hey have you heard of David Duke?" I bet you more than 50% of people will respond, "The actor?"

Yes many pro white groups have started using the "Make America Great Again" term. That is true. But when Trump said it he never mentioned white supremacy. Sure you can speculate, but I am quite certain I never heard him say something like,

Whites have higher IQs than ______
This country was founded by whites, any city that becomes majority non white tends to fall in quality.
White people founded this country and the first major waves of immigrants were White European Christians

So pro white groups are chanting Make America Great Again, but when the term was first used it was not explicitly pro white. When the term is used by the vast majority, it is not referring to white supremacy, yes it may be referring to a time when there was less mass immigration, when wages were relatively much higher, when the country was more unified, when men could not magically change to women, when America was unquestionably the strongest militarily and economically etc.

-true conservative, not a RINO
Great and truthful post! The term MAGA was just twisted by the liberal left to indicate that it meant "make America white again" when in fact it was meant to return America to it's better times which had no connection to race.

Old 06-22-2022, 08:02 AM

63,917 posts, read 46,939,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post
In this poll it is one or the other. If you would vote for somebody else it doesn't matter here. I won't put an other option as that invites dems into the thread and my aim is to see who wins at this point with conservatives.
Independents outnumbered registered Republicans in 2020.

I am one of them.

I don’t foresee Trump or Biden running in 2024. The Republican bench is deep. No one could have reasonably predicted in 2014 that Trump would run, win the nomination and the presidency in 2016.

Given a limited choice between DeSantis and Trump, I went with DeSantis.

Old 08-05-2022, 06:19 AM

1,935 posts, read 896,263 times
one thing that white do and it not just because of race but being in business,

they have a business language and a business education, a way of business life. Many minority thing that , that white surpremcy, no its business surpremcy and they are welcome to join. Its an anti culture and pro business way of life

many minority want to stay in their culture and way of life and that hurt them
one post was about lower black IQ, no it education, they are smart as anybody but then to follow the black culture of leaving school early doing lower skill job, and getting in trouble with legal but yes then you have government system that cater to that and keep them on the lower
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies