Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2022, 12:51 PM

23,662 posts, read 17,358,869 times

Advertisements

dems own the hate and fear mongering franchise and expanded into violence.

Media protects the left, controls the news,..if a tree fell inthe forest and no one witnessed it, did it make a sound?

news items selected for far left support.

new version of rock paper scissors,,,,, left hits right, win, right hits left loose big time.

Remember when AOC was 'threatened' ? made the news and downstream stories spun by the media blaming Trump supporters.

Scalise and repubs shot at and the shooter was a lone wolf with no affiliation to the left.

So it goes.

Biden's silence is deafening! Biden's silence re protests at SCOTUS home and assassin is a dog whistle to far left fanatics to express their political views using violence. Consistent with waters and schumer calls to violence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2022, 01:11 PM

14,267 posts, read 7,009,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
If the suspect had not called the Police, he, likely, would have killed Justice Kavanaugh, given there were no guards on duty at his house.

There is a lot to say about this... And, I think if this had been Justice Sotomayor, you would not be so nonchalant about this...
There were U S Marshalls at the Justice's residence when the would-be killer arrived there. He would not have gotten anywhere close to Kavanaugh. As I said before, LE did their job. They should be commended.

I don't know why you assume my attitude would have been different for a different justice. They all have had extra protection since that draft Roe opinion document was leaked. All Justices should be respected, even when some of us disagree with them.

https://apnews.com/article/us-suprem...addb542ceb0b29

Quote:
When he got out of the taxi, Roske was spotted by two U.S. Marshals who are part of round-the-clock security provided to the justices following the leak of the draft opinion last month...

Old 06-14-2022, 03:35 PM

35,831 posts, read 21,217,680 times
Quote:
An assassination attempt of any public official should be an easy thing to condemn, yet, we have had complete silence from our President. I find that reprehensible. I expect better from a President, Republican or Democrat.

I, also, find the coverage of this event to be hypocritical. The media, mostly, buried this story, as Justice Kavanaugh is a Conservative. An assassination attempt of a public figure is a big deal, yet, it was treated as though it was the opposite. The reason I find the coverage to be hypocritical is, because if a liberal Supreme Court Justice's life was threatened while President Trump was in office, and if he had not condemned the attack, it would have been headline news and the lead cable news story for a week, with calls for another impeachment for "leading an insurrection" against a government official...

Thoughts?.
Because he’d say - we need gun control - and the spit start flyin -

Old 06-14-2022, 04:40 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,334,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Because he’d say - we need gun control - and the spit start flyin -
Of course it would. We need criminal control, especially violent criminals put away for life. Less violent criminals less violent crime…after all, guns don’t shoot anyone on their own and they’re not going anywhere.

Old 06-14-2022, 04:40 PM

19,342 posts, read 17,247,361 times
Quote:
An assassination attempt of any public official should be an easy thing to condemn, yet, we have had complete silence from our President. I find that reprehensible. I expect better from a President, Republican or Democrat.

I, also, find the coverage of this event to be hypocritical. The media, mostly, buried this story, as Justice Kavanaugh is a Conservative. An assassination attempt of a public figure is a big deal, yet, it was treated as though it was the opposite. The reason I find the coverage to be hypocritical is, because if a liberal Supreme Court Justice's life was threatened while President Trump was in office, and if he had not condemned the attack, it would have been headline news and the lead cable news story for a week, with calls for another impeachment for "leading an insurrection" against a government official...

Thoughts?.
Seems to have been plenty of statements and support for increased security for SCOTUS Members get off your news feed and see what's happening in the real world.

Biden Condemns Threat Against Supreme Court Justice 'In Strongest Terms' https://www.barrons.com/news/biden-c...ms-01654713906

Biden condemns actions of armed man arrested near Kavanaugh's home, supports increased security for justices
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...urity-justices

Biden condemns actions of armed man arrested near Kavanaugh's home, supports increased security for justices https://news.yahoo.com/biden-condemn...162745779.html

US: Joe Biden condemns threat against Justice Kavanaugh https://www.acn.news/us-joe-biden-co...ish-news-wion/

White House condemns threat against Kavanaugh near his home https://thehill.com/news/administrat...near-his-home/

As for Trump lets not forget how he "defends Jan. 6 rioters' 'hang Mike Pence' chant" real empathy there...
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...newly-n1283798

Old 06-14-2022, 04:42 PM

20,502 posts, read 12,439,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
MSN via Washington Examiner:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=uxbndlbing

President Joe Biden denounced the actions of an armed man arrested near Brett Kavanaugh's home after threatening to kill the Supreme Court justice, according to the White House. "As the president has consistently made clear, public officials, including judges, must be able to do their jobs without concern for their personal safety or that of their families," press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre told reporters Wednesday.

Thread fail
uhm.... some press sec issues a statment and thats the president on the bully pulpit?

you failed

Old 06-14-2022, 04:44 PM

11,125 posts, read 6,061,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Since when is it a big news story when something doesn't happen?
Since Jan 6?

Old 06-14-2022, 09:16 PM

16,221 posts, read 10,896,908 times
Scary but I'm not sure it got far enough to actually be called an attempt.
Biden spoke out condemning it.

Old 06-14-2022, 09:53 PM

1,213 posts, read 572,891 times
Still waiting for Schumer to be brought up on charges for instigating this crap.

Old 06-15-2022, 09:03 AM

6,227 posts, read 2,968,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Scary but I'm not sure it got far enough to actually be called an attempt.
Biden spoke out condemning it.
He showed up at Justice Kavanaugh's house with a gun and knife. And, the media buried the story as best as they could, and we have not heard anything from the President. It is actually quite sickening. That would not have happened had this been about Justice Sotomayor...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies