Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2022, 10:59 PM

19,924 posts, read 9,485,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Don't blame me, when I complained about it I was called a conspiracy theorist.
LOL.

But the claim of many leftists that "if you don't trust the government and the MSM, you are just a wacko conspiracy theorist" just might prove the OP's point that (in general) Americans are a big part of the problem. Many (if not most) Americans would rather watch "Dancing with the Stars" instead of reading a history book.

(Sorry I couldn't rep you again yet.)

Last edited by katharsis; 06-16-2022 at 11:15 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2022, 11:13 PM

12,722 posts, read 7,615,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
confined you to your homes
Did I miss something? When were Americans confined to their homes?

Old 06-16-2022, 11:29 PM

5,480 posts, read 2,132,467 times
Quote:
Your government shut down your economy, confined you to your homes, masked you, and forced you to get a vaccine or else lose your job, and you didn't get mad until gas got expensive.

You are the problem.

Ha! The joke is on you/them....I never masked, never stayed home (anymore than usual.), never vaxxed, never lost my job, and I'm doing just fine!

Old 06-17-2022, 12:18 AM

5,455 posts, read 3,411,327 times
Supply and demand is out of whack big time.

Two presidents stopped oil coming in from Canada and now are negotiating with Saudis to produce more oil. Let the Saudi's suffocate with more green house gas that floats into the global atmosphere as long as our zero impact climate change targets are met here at home. It's bad to build pipelines from a neighbor but it is okay to bring oil tankers into our waters sailing in from a country with really bad humanitarian history.

Old 06-17-2022, 12:36 AM

15,949 posts, read 12,336,506 times
Even now, people are kind of ignoring the problem and living their lives. They won't pay attention until there's a total collapse or someone lobs a Nuke and causes the stock market to close down lock limit several days in a row.

One could say that's a good thing, because it means we are happy and living our lives. The problem is when the citizenry doesn't keep their elected leaders in check, this can have unpredictable and nasty consequences given human nature.

Razkaz... yes people live under a micro-managed police state but what's the alternative? Anarchy? Someone has to be in charge. We are a primitive species with a tribe oriented wiring to our biology. There's no easy answer to our nature besides extinction or genetic engineering. What I find sad is the elites can't see their own self bias... that they really think their crap doesn't stink and that their worldview is enlightened. The left can't see their own authoritarianism.... or they can and don't care.... because herd mentality is wired into our DNA.

Personally I think there's a good chance these political forums make the situation look more exaggerated than it is, and that in 20 years life 'might' still be just fine in this country. Time will tell. We need a red wave for that to happen though. It won't happen with democrats in charge, because they invent problems to trick people into voting for them. They create a victim complex in people and stir division as a political tool. They don't seemingly understand the laws of nature or pavlonian conditioning when trying to modify people's behavior at all... they seem to embrace criminals, welfare parasites, and punish hard work and achievement. They make all sorts of excuses for why people "can't" do something which is really a self fulfilling prophesy in the end.

https://www.belling.com/heres-what-s...ing-the-state/

Last edited by sholomar; 06-17-2022 at 12:46 AM..

Old 06-17-2022, 02:45 AM

7,495 posts, read 3,624,475 times
right wingers we were called for disagreeing with the over the top covid response of closing businesses and schools. “you must not care about grandma” we were told.

liberals are and have always been the problem.

Old 06-17-2022, 03:01 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,635,672 times
Quote:
Your government shut down your economy, confined you to your homes, masked you, and forced you to get a vaccine or else lose your job, and you didn't get mad until gas got expensive.

You are the problem.
lmao ... half true.

The restrictions were for safety. The first 1.5 years anyway.
The gas pricing is price gouging.

but you go with your thought.

Old 06-17-2022, 03:02 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,635,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
right wingers we were called for disagreeing with the over the top covid response of closing businesses and schools. “you must not care about grandma” we were told.

liberals are and have always been the problem.
far right = far left = dangerous to liberty and freedom everywhere.

Old 06-17-2022, 05:09 AM

37,962 posts, read 17,934,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
far right = far left = dangerous to liberty and freedom everywhere.
Agreed, but then

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
lmao ... half true.

The restrictions were for safety. The first 1.5 years anyway.
The gas pricing is price gouging.

but you go with your thought.
Which thought?

Give up Liberty for safety? Then you deserve neither.

Old 06-17-2022, 05:29 AM

22,681 posts, read 24,691,413 times
Nothing can be done, the corrupt and insane System is fully in charge.

Oh well, I got that wrong, we remedied things by electing Biden, YAY.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies