Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2022, 04:20 PM

22,451 posts, read 29,633,263 times

Advertisements

Was Juul only gone after because it was accused of advertising to young people with different flavors, etc? I'm trying to figure out why they were targeted?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2022, 04:25 PM

6,911 posts, read 3,132,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Was Juul only gone after because it was accused of advertising to young people with different flavors, etc? I'm trying to figure out why they were targeted?
that is old news though. They were already slapped with that. They got rid of all the flavors and only sold menthol and normal Tobacco flavor.

No more fruity ones or bubble gum which they said targeted kids.

So I don't know what now. Seems vindictive.

Old 06-24-2022, 04:26 PM

22,451 posts, read 29,633,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
that is old news though. They were already slapped with that. They got rid of all the flavors and only sold menthol and normal Tobacco flavor.

No more fruity ones or bubble gum which they said targeted kids.

So I don't know what now. Seems vindictive.
I remember hearing about the flavored ones, etc. But I'm not sure what's prompting this latest move

Old 06-24-2022, 05:02 PM

10,059 posts, read 4,799,014 times
Not a fan but it's a voluntary habit. Unless laced with intoxicating drugs a person can vape, drive, operate machinery etc. Other things more worthy of a ban than vaping right now.

Old 06-24-2022, 05:27 PM

34,351 posts, read 18,736,665 times
But free heroine, protected injection sights and government provided syringes are ok???

Old 06-24-2022, 05:36 PM

17,687 posts, read 17,903,989 times
I’ve never smoked nor vaped ever in my life. I doubt this decision is legal. If the ban was for certain chemicals used in the cap capsules, a ban on flavors, or a ban on all vape devices then it would be more likely to stand up in court. However, to target only one company’s products while ignoring all other vape devices makes the decision questionable.

Old 06-24-2022, 05:57 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,414,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
That's correct. JUUL already discontinued the flavored vapes that the younger crowd liked and changed their marketing strategy. Somebody at the FDA must really have it out for them when JUUL is the only company (that I know of) that the FDA went after.

To me this is just more of the Democratic Nazi Party's over-reach for more control over people's lives.

Wonder what Herr Biden & his gestapo will ban next?
I believe it was the trump nazi party that made it law about
the flavored vapes , guess its a bi-partisan issue?

Old 06-24-2022, 07:16 PM

15,898 posts, read 14,596,471 times
Pot is being legalized all over the country, but sucking on vaporized water is being banned

Old 06-24-2022, 11:09 PM

10,069 posts, read 5,781,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Okay I can agree that clarification is in order.
Researched and found this link:
https://www.verifythis.com/article/n...9-545d55e5eb35
Oh, okay. So the FDA gets to decide which tobacco/nicotine products are allowed on the market and which aren't, based on the product safety profile. That's like, a totally HUGE difference conceptually than approval versus disapproval.

Now, with that acknowledgment in mind, go back and re-read your screed with the knowledge the FDA permits (I assume this alteration will gain your indulgence? ) cigarettes on the market but not Juul products, and ask yourself if that makes any kind of sense.

Let's acknowledge what this is really about: Juul didn't adequately grovel before the FDA for their past marketing sins, and now they're paying a political price couched as a public safety measure.

Old 06-25-2022, 05:13 AM

17,552 posts, read 9,354,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Vape product banned over safety concerns -- but not cigarettes. Makes all kinds of sense.
TeamBiden decides to ban ONLY one company from selling vape products — no ban for the others?
This will not stand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
I’ve never smoked nor vaped ever in my life. I doubt this decision is legal. If the ban was for certain chemicals used in the cap capsules, a ban on flavors, or a ban on all vape devices then it would be more likely to stand up in court. However, to target only one company’s products while ignoring all other vape devices makes the decision questionable.
More than “”questionable “. There are many companies that produce vape products, Juul is one of the biggest.
Why only Juul? A massive shakedown of some sort is involved here. The FDA is as Corrupt as the other Federal Agencies.

A Federal Court has already issued a Stay on the ban against Juul products.

Federal court BLOCKS FDA's ban on Juul e-cigarettes after firm was ordered to stop selling them on health grounds - UK DailyMail

A federal appeals court has agreed to halt the FDA's ban on Juul products thanks to a lawsuit filed by the e-cigarette manufacturer.

Juul asked a federal court Friday to block a government order to stop selling its electronic cigarettes, and was told the application had succeeded.

The temporary freeze on the FDA order lasts at least until July 12, according to the court's scheduling order.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies