Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2022, 05:01 AM

18,474 posts, read 7,130,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
No one is "allowing" the fentanyl to come in. It's too easy to hide, and there is no way that all of it can be stopped. Keep in mind that it's mostly coming in in mail shipments, truckloads of other other items, hidden in cars, etc.

You'll never stop fentanyl until you really close the defacto open borders.

But Democrats will never allow that to happen.

Importing millions of illegals is so important to them, that they're perfectly fine with the number of deaths caused by fentanyl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2022, 05:19 AM

8,068 posts, read 3,570,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post

Importing millions of illegals is so important to them, that they're perfectly fine with the number of deaths caused by fentanyl.

Well the stereotype is that fentanyl abusers are more likely to be white rural people who would vote for Trump or DeSantis while illegals will vote for the dem. So maybe they figure the fentanyl is a feature not a bug.

Old 07-13-2022, 05:23 AM

34,302 posts, read 18,687,771 times
Nothing against Weed, but every kid I know smokes it, as well as many adults. Government at the State level are legalizing it and medical MJ is very easy to obtain. Remember this is a drug that the Cops can still nail you for on the Federal level.

But nicotine is the Devil? Seems a bit hypocritical to me. I'm not a smoker nor MJ user.

Old 07-13-2022, 05:54 AM

21,948 posts, read 25,318,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Was Juul only gone after because it was accused of advertising to young people with different flavors, etc? I'm trying to figure out why they were targeted?
More just it reached a critical mass. They advertised in general, which most vape products don't, but it was the prominent brand in a market that's generally smaller companies. There's some larger Chinese companies that make the hardware but as far as the nicotine flavoring "juice" it's almost all cottage industry stuff.

What gets popular with the youth is inexplicable. For example, right now Carhartt is trending. Or maybe it was trending, the in thing moves quickly. Why do the kids suddenly want baggy fit work clothes suddenly? I have absolutely no idea.

Really doesn't make sense they're still fixated on JUUL as the kids have moved on to other similar products be they one of the many companies that make refillable cartridges you can put your own much less expensive mango strawberry or whatever flavor juice you want that work with JUUL devices or other brands like Elf Bar, Geek Bar, SMOK, Caliburn, etc. The regulations are really stupid so prefilled cartridges like JUUL are tobacco or menthol only while like 90 percent of the market is the flavors fruit, desert, candy, cereal flavors. As long as it's refillable pods that the user needs to add the honeydew or keylime flavored juice to the pod it's good. If it's prefilled like JUUL official pods that aren't supposed to be refilled, tobacco or menthol only.

Old 07-13-2022, 06:02 AM

3,617 posts, read 3,067,465 times
JUUL was the high schooler's nicotine of choice for a solid few years back in 2015-2020. They hooked a whole new generation, including one of my kids, and I don't appreciate that. But I don't support banning their products, or menthol cigs, or cocaine or fentanyl. I don't think any drugs should be illegal. Nanny state garbage. We don't need open borders to get our drugs. We can make any of them en masse right here in the good ol' USA.

Old 07-13-2022, 06:12 AM

21,948 posts, read 25,318,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post

You'll never stop it period. They'll catch a few muke here and there but it's to easy to hide a small amount in carryon luggage on a flight, passenger cars, trucks, boats. It's simply not necessary to for the coyotes to put a small amount of it on illegals trying to hop the border on foot.

Old 07-13-2022, 11:35 AM

10,041 posts, read 5,754,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
JUUL is essentially a drug delivery device, and should be regulated by the FDA. Cigarettes escape this scrutiny because they are “natural “ and have been around for centuries. Vaping devices are neither.
No they don't. All tobacco products are regulated by the FDA, and that includes all products containing nicotine whether extracted from tobacco or synthesized. Synthetic nicotine products escaped FDA regulation for awhile until some vape manufacturers took advantage of this and started using synthesized nicotine, but that "loophole" was closed by the appropriations bill passed this last March.

Old 07-13-2022, 11:41 AM

2,612 posts, read 939,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_too_sweet View Post
Bureaucratic bans yippy. Would kind of be nice to live in a democracy and have elected legislators who have debates then vote for or against banning stuff.

What ever, now sales of real Tabaco go up.
And people actually believe that our children are supposed to pledge allegiance to these politicians.

Old 07-13-2022, 11:43 AM

3,113 posts, read 944,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
JUUL is essentially a drug delivery device, and should be regulated by the FDA. Cigarettes escape this scrutiny because they are “natural “ and have been around for centuries. Vaping devices are neither.
What happened to my body my choice? Is just a bumper stick slogan you bring out for abortion and forget about it every other time ?

Old 07-13-2022, 11:46 AM

2,612 posts, read 939,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanSunset View Post
What happened to my body my choice? Is just a bumper stick slogan you bring out for abortion and forget about it every other time ?
Very few republicans or democrats believe that we should have any say over what we can do with our bodies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies