Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2022, 04:39 PM

25,743 posts, read 12,824,670 times

Advertisements

Most of the evils in our society can be traced back to the unholy alliance between big biz & big gov't.

Who else is left out there in America?

Small biz and we the people...that's who is left.

So, how do we organize countermeasures to offset the attack we are under?

We outnumber them by huge margins, and that is our strength, but what is our strategy?

I know this...Blue vs. Red isn't working for us.

So, I ask you, how do we legally, and peacefully, fight back?

I think how and where we spend our money is 1 key to the solution. Our votes are a 2nd key. Maybe our labor is a 3rd key, but w/ so many living paycheck to paycheck, that is being taken away.

Any ideas? Asking for potential solutions has always wound up being dead-end threads for me, but I thought I'd try again...call me an eternal optimist...sometimes...other times, I've given up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2022, 04:48 PM

25,758 posts, read 18,818,821 times
First step is to know who your enemy is. Who is it that supports huge government and draconian control? Who is it that supports these gigantic monopolistic "woke" corporations?

Whoever it is... is a cog in the machine that is the enemy of liberty. So when you say the blue vs red thing is not working, that's a bit of a problem. It would be like you saying that you wish to fight against the Nazi regime in 1930s Germany, but stating that resistance against the SS is not working. The SS was part of the problem, just as nowadays the American left is part of the problem you identify. So, in my opinion, they must be included as belligerents in any productive discussion. (assuming you're goal is an America free of tyranny)

Old 06-30-2022, 04:53 PM

3,500 posts, read 2,788,649 times
I wouldn't say that Big Gov + Big Biz are in a unholy alliance, as there are alot of big business in which they indicate that they are against the Big Gov abortion ban even if they don't out right say this.

Old 06-30-2022, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
First step is to know who your enemy is. Who is it that supports huge government and draconian control? Who is it that supports these gigantic monopolistic "woke" corporations?

Whoever it is... is a cog in the machine that is the enemy of liberty. So when you say the blue vs red thing is not working, that's a bit of a problem. It would be like you saying that you wish to fight against the Nazi regime in 1930s Germany, but stating that resistance against the SS is not working. The SS was part of the problem, just as nowadays the American left is part of the problem you identify. So, in my opinion, they must be included as belligerents in any productive discussion. (assuming you're goal is an America free of tyranny)
Thx for your thoughts...most of my posts seeking solutions don't get any posts at all. 2 posts is a Bonanza.

Here is my proof that Red vs. Blue is irrelevant...in 1930, gov't consumed 10% of GDP, and now its ~50%

BOTH parties have presided over this train wreck, so I'm asking for you to take look at a longer time horizon than the current failed administration. When the Reds take over, this takeover of the private sector is sure to continue...how to stop it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Govern...ending_GDP.png

How am I wrong when you look at it over the last 92 years? Both parties have concentrated power and sucked enormous amounts of cash out of the private sector.

Am I wide open to explanations for this...I'm begging you to explain why and how BOTH parties are not to blame.

Old 06-30-2022, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordo View Post
I wouldn't say that Big Gov + Big Biz are in a unholy alliance, as there are alot of big business in which they indicate that they are against the Big Gov abortion ban even if they don't out right say this.
Thx for your response, I appreciate it more than you can know. Please expand your thoughts beyond abortion, think in terms of decades of gov't takeover of the private sector.

Help me sleep better tonight..why is gov't consuming 50% of GDP better than 10%.

Old 06-30-2022, 05:58 PM

18,498 posts, read 9,164,949 times
Corporate dominance is the only thing preventing small business from becoming big business and becoming just as evil.

Old 06-30-2022, 06:20 PM

25,758 posts, read 18,818,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Thx for your thoughts...most of my posts seeking solutions don't get any posts at all. 2 posts is a Bonanza.

Here is my proof that Red vs. Blue is irrelevant...in 1930, gov't consumed 10% of GDP, and now its ~50%

BOTH parties have presided over this train wreck, so I'm asking for you to take look at a longer time horizon than the current failed administration. When the Reds take over, this takeover of the private sector is sure to continue...how to stop it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Govern...ending_GDP.png

How am I wrong when you look at it over the last 92 years? Both parties have concentrated power and sucked enormous amounts of cash out of the private sector.

Am I wide open to explanations for this...I'm begging you to explain why and how BOTH parties are not to blame.
There is no doubt the repubs need blame for this as well--sometimes for being spineless and other times for lousy policy choices. But one needs to look at the balance of responsibility between the two. Not to mention the democrat party is NOT the same party it was fifty years ago. It is now a hardcore leftist authoritarian collectivist syndicate.

Here's the thing, though: there is a lot to not like about the mainstream philosophy and practice of the republicans. There are certainly flaws. But... the modern democrat philosophy and practice is absolutely toxic and antithetical to any system that has ever existed on the planet that espoused even a modicum of liberty. Modern Dems are the party of Anti-Liberty. They make that clear with every word they utter and every policy they enact. At least a small group of republicans are actually liberty-oriented. I can't say that about a single democrat. I think the closest it comes is Tulsi Gabbard. And she is certainly not quite there.

What we have is two drunk (drunk on tyranny) captains at the helm of the ship. But one is absolutely plastered out of his gourd and running the ship straight for the icebergs.

Old 07-01-2022, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Corporate dominance is the only thing preventing small business from becoming big business and becoming just as evil.
Big Biz dominance isn't the only thing preventing small companies from becoming big companies, there can be many reasons. It can be 1 of many reasons though. Government regulations can be another, or lack of capital. Or, in my company's case, the progressive tax structure.

Also, very few small businesses become big businesses...less than 1%, so I wouldn't see that as much of a risk.

Old 07-01-2022, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
There is no doubt the repubs need blame for this as well--sometimes for being spineless and other times for lousy policy choices. But one needs to look at the balance of responsibility between the two. Not to mention the democrat party is NOT the same party it was fifty years ago. It is now a hardcore leftist authoritarian collectivist syndicate.

Here's the thing, though: there is a lot to not like about the mainstream philosophy and practice of the republicans. There are certainly flaws. But... the modern democrat philosophy and practice is absolutely toxic and antithetical to any system that has ever existed on the planet that espoused even a modicum of liberty. Modern Dems are the party of Anti-Liberty. They make that clear with every word they utter and every policy they enact. At least a small group of republicans are actually liberty-oriented. I can't say that about a single democrat. I think the closest it comes is Tulsi Gabbard. And she is certainly not quite there.

What we have is two drunk (drunk on tyranny) captains at the helm of the ship. But one is absolutely plastered out of his gourd and running the ship straight for the icebergs.
I think only a small % of Dems are as you describe...maybe 35% at the most. 65% are centrists, & share many of our same values. Currently, the 35% uber leftists have taken over their party, & are letting it all hang out, but they will be destroyed in November, again in 2024.

I see the unholy alliance between Big Gov & Big Biz as being one of our top 3 threats. It caused wreckless globalization, useless wars, runaway healthcare costs, recessions, inflation, massive wage & income gaps, excessive regulations, & new levels of gov't corruption.

We the people, and small biz, must join together to use our overwhelming numbers as a force for change. The 99% are being ruled by the top 1% from big gov't and big biz. Elections have proven fruitless. There are other peaceful and legal ways to take it all back.

Old 07-01-2022, 04:32 AM

1,334 posts, read 2,994,152 times
This is kind of vague Beach.

I do not want to come off as flippant but what are these evils in our society?

How are we being attacked?

What are we trying to achieve?

The way I see it, we are lucky enough to live in a free society. Each person is their own business. The big fish eat the little fish, that's nature.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies