Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2022, 12:52 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,031,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Because it doesn't make sense.

The ones most impacted are the ones that will have to travel to get their abortions and pay for the travel themselves if their company doesn't pay for it.
So it would be easier for them to just move.
Nah. Obviously, fighting for 50 years to save fetuses the fighters will never even meet obviously points to pro-birthers feeling pretty darned impacted. If they're so horrified they can move.

Problem solved.

Old 07-03-2022, 12:57 PM

13,285 posts, read 8,472,584 times
It's unfortunate that states are falling like dominos to illegalize this medical licensed procedure.
Divided we fall.

Rationale is not in these political manuevers.

A heartbeat may have the circulatory system functioning. There are 78 organs in the human body. Not all are fully functional in unison during the gestational phases. Just a fact when accumulative definition of life is being considered.

Old 07-03-2022, 01:01 PM

43,189 posts, read 18,342,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Nah. Obviously, fighting for 50 years to save fetuses the fighters will never even meet obviously points to pro-birthers feeling pretty darned impacted. If they're so horrified they can move.

Problem solved.
it seems the ones most horrified are living in states that have lenient abortion laws like CA and NY.
They have no reason to protest and riot and get arrested.
The tire slashers in NY are in the wrong state.

Old 07-03-2022, 01:05 PM

12,045 posts, read 6,584,142 times
At what stage does the baby experience pain - 8 weeks, 12 weeks, 15 weeks????

Old 07-03-2022, 01:29 PM

43,189 posts, read 18,342,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
It depends what state you are living in. "Follow the politics".

Old 07-03-2022, 01:46 PM

8,782 posts, read 5,077,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
in your opinion, is there a time during pregnancy where abortion should be restricted? or do you believe in abortions up until birth?
Yes, when there is a heartbeat. I don`t understand why women who want abortions just don`t get them, in the first couple of months.....to lazy? How can a decent women abort a child, when she can hear it`s heartbeat?

Old 07-03-2022, 01:49 PM

25,973 posts, read 22,164,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie&Rose View Post
This law in SC outlaws abortion after which a fetal heartbeat is detected. Mothers will be given an opportunity to view the ultrasound and see the development of the fetus.
In case of rape incest, the fetus would have to be less then twenty weeks. IMO, if you are raped wouldn`t you want an abortion ASAP.
Wonder how many women would change their minds after seeing their ultrsound, and hearing a heartbeat.
So, many women will be claiming rape, when they wait. I thought when someone reported rape, that they went to the hospital for a "procedure" as pregnancy is not the only thing that can come out of rape (disease, bruises, etc.). Why would a woman not realize for 20 weeks that she was a victim of rape?

I know some group or a state was fighting a rule that would make the abortionist inform the woman about the stages of the fetus and show photos, plus fully explain the procedure. Anyone that can't look at the photos of what a fetus looks like when they are sentencing it to death, knows exactly why what they are doing is sanctioning the murder of their fetus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
There are differing opinions on this as I have looked at it for some time. This morning I was discussing it as we saw dead earth worms on the pavement due to the heat, and that I also fished as a child. The earthworm is very basic, and feels pain (the reason I don't fish anymore, pity the fish also) if you are watching them be speared with a hook or dying on the pavement. (I always carry them to a different, cooler location.)

https://lozierinstitute.org/new-stud...n-at-12-weeks/

“Overall, the evidence, and a balanced reading of the evidence, points towards an immediate and unreflective pain experience mediated by the developing function of the nervous system as early as 12 weeks.”

That is from an article in 2020.

But, you know what, even if someone medicates me not to feel pain, I still want to live. The will to live in most people is very strong. If one thinks that pain will be inflicted on another, and blows it off...................
Ending a life? I guess whether it inflicts pain on the dying doesn't matter at that point.

Isn't the baby moving at about 20 weeks? It is called "quickening", and so cool!

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/healt...g-in-pregnancy

"Quickening is when a pregnant person starts to feel their baby's movement in their uterus (womb). It feels like flutters, bubbles or tiny pulses. Quickening happens around 16 to 20 weeks in pregnancy, but some people may feel it sooner or later."

Old 07-03-2022, 02:19 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,031,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
This law wouldn't pertain to a heartbeat in a petri dish.
Why not? That's not life?

This is all just hypocritical. "It's life unless it horrifies us." Rape rule. "It's life when the sperm penetrates the egg, but on the other hand a doctor isn't stopping life until there is a heartbeat." Heartbeat rule.

Pro-birthers believe as much as anyone else that a non-viable embryo is "less than," they just won't admit it. But rules like these show it clearly.

It is virtue signaling to impress themselves about what good people the are...by forcing their choice on others.

Old 07-03-2022, 02:24 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,969,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
It makes sense to allow government condoned death. That's why.
Death is condoned for self defense or trespassing on private property in some states. Death is condoned as punishment for heinous crimes in some states. Humans have all kinds of exceptions for when it is acceptable to kill born humans. But they want it to be unacceptable for a fetus that has not been born yet and may not even have a brain yet.

Old 07-03-2022, 02:27 PM

1,930 posts, read 560,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
It's unfortunate that states are falling like dominos to illegalize this medical licensed procedure.
Divided we fall.

Rationale is not in these political manuevers.
Strange this medical licensed procedure has not been done in any but a miniscule number of hospitals. Most are done in a "clinic" totally devoted to abortion as their prime purpose. Wonder why?
Quote:
A heartbeat may have the circulatory system functioning. There are 78 organs in the human body. Not all are fully functional in unison during the gestational phases. Just a fact when accumulative definition of life is being considered.
Something that has life is in a continual developing stage, regardless ones age. One is either alive or dead, no in-between. What does a heartbeat indicate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies