Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2022, 05:55 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,298,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanmaster View Post
Don't get pregnant if you aren't prepared to take of the kid(s).

Problem solved.
What if you are a child yourself?
Big story this week about a 10 year old getting pregnant and having to leave the state to have an abortion.
And its not like she was in love with the "father".

Old 07-06-2022, 06:01 PM

26,216 posts, read 22,387,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
What if you are a child yourself?
Big story this week about a 10 year old getting pregnant and having to leave the state to have an abortion.
And its not like she was in love with the "father".
Many did not believe that story, and it did state "reportedly". The bigger here is prosecuting the rapist, right? Not a lot of 10 year olds are able to become pregnant either, and for girls under 15, the rate of abortion was less than 1% along with rape also that low.

Well, a lot of women become pregnant by men that they don't love, so.............. Love and sex are separate a lot of times now.

Old 07-06-2022, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Many did not believe that story, and it did state "reportedly". The bigger here is prosecuting the rapist, right? Not a lot of 10 year olds are able to become pregnant either, and for girls under 15, the rate of abortion was less than 1% along with rape also that low.

Well, a lot of women become pregnant by men that they don't love, so.............. Love and sex are separate a lot of times now.
Wow, so the story is made up?
Kristi Noem believes it, that;s how I found out. I think you can trust a governor to know whats what. And still thinks the girl should not get an abortion.

And if we say girls are the under 18ers, Its really not that few and far between.
https://www.statista.com/statistics/...men-us-by-age/
So yeah, children do get pregnant and want abortions.

Prosecuting the rapist is not the bigger issue for this 10 year old. Frankly I think ending that pregnancy is a bigger immediate concern of hers.

Old 07-06-2022, 06:16 PM
bu2

24,215 posts, read 15,065,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
What utter nonsense. There will still be states that will provide abortions.
Complete and total nonsense. There are far more parents who want to adopt infants than new infants.

Even if there are a bunch more, they will get adopted.

Old 07-06-2022, 06:23 PM

63,478 posts, read 29,503,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Complete and total nonsense. There are far more parents who want to adopt infants than new infants.

Even if there are a bunch more, they will get adopted.
I agree with you but I was addressing someone who was acting like abortions would no longer be possible. I for one am against them unless it's done because the mother's life is in danger.

8,933 posts, read 5,420,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snerk View Post
My family took in hundreds of foster children (and adopted three) over the decades. One child in particular sticks in my memory. She was just a toddler. Her teen parents had no business trying to care for a child. She showed up with severe burns on her face from a clothing iron. (The "parents" claimed she accidentally rolled onto it.) She required around-the-clock wound care. Very specific wound care that required my family member to attend classes to be able to care for this child. This child stayed in my family member's care for quite some time because no other foster family was able to care for her medically. She aged out of the system. This was 30+ years ago. She did not have a magical happy ending to her life story.

In addition, there was a revolving door... child after child... sometimes a couple infants at a time. The living room was set up like a nursery. Some babies were born addicted and would cry incessantly. Some were so silent, it was eerie. You'd forget they were there.

I can't even wrap my head around how this is going to affect the foster care system. It's going to be catastrophic, I imagine.
Some of the cases you are describing should never have been "aged out" of the foster care system. The parental rights of the bio-parents should have ben terminated and the children been made available for adoption.

12,685 posts, read 6,774,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Member1 View Post
America's foster care systems are already seriously underfunded and overstressed...

End of Roe v. Wade may overwhelm foster care systems - Axios
  • There are about 800,000 abortions in the USA every year.
  • Well over half of Americans live in states where abortion in the 2nd and 3rd trimesters is still legal.
  • Far more Americans live in places where 1st trimester abortions are still legal.
  • Most women -- a significant majority -- who are seeking abortions are quite rich, not poor. They can pay a bit of extra money to travel and odds are, their employer will pay for the whole trip.
  • So the number of babies that will result of the the repeal of Roe v Wade is incredibly tiny. Probably far less than 100,000.
  • There are about 1.5 million couples waiting in line, $40,000 cash in hand (cuz that's what it costs) waiting to adopt a baby. They're waiting because the babies they desperately want to adopt do not exist.
  • Significantly reduce the cost of adopting and lots more people would be thrilled to adopt a baby. Easily10 million more couples would adopt if the cost wasn't so ludicrous.

Now explain to me how in holy hell the small few babies that will be born because of the repeal of Roe vs Wade are ever going to make it to the foster system? Is the system going to intentionally withhold them from everyone who desperately wants to adopt them?

Old 07-06-2022, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
  • Well over half of Americans live in states where abortion in the 2nd and 3rd trimesters is still legal.
  • Far more Americans live in places where 1st trimester abortions are still legal.
  • Most women -- a significant majority -- who are seeking abortions are quite rich, not poor. They can pay a bit of extra money to travel and odds are, their employer will pay for the whole trip.
  • So the number of babies that will result of the the repeal of Roe v Wade is incredibly tiny. Probably far less than 100,000.
  • There are about 1.5 million couples waiting in line, $40,000 cash in hand (cuz that's what it costs) waiting to adopt a baby. They're waiting because the babies they desperately want to adopt do not exist.
  • Significantly reduce the cost of adopting and lots more people would be thrilled to adopt a baby. Easily10 million more couples would adopt if they cost wasn't so ludicrous.

Now explain to me how in holy hell the small few babies that will be born because of the repeal of Roe vs Wade are ever going to make it to the foster system? Is the system going to intentionally withhold them from everyone who desperately wants to adopt them?
I guess we will see.
You think it is all going to work out perfectly.
childless couples will get their baby.
No more children will enter the foster care system, hey maybe the foster care system will go away because so many will want to adopt. Millions you say. You do know they actually pay people (not a lot, but still )to adopt out of foster care.- it doesn't cost any money at all for the adopting families, Certainly not 40K!!!! They pay you
All will be right with the world.

Old 07-06-2022, 06:31 PM

30,549 posts, read 23,967,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Are you trying to appear heartless? Because that is how you are coming across.
You all need to stop fanning the flames of fear. Babies are adopted, quickly. I've already gone over this, with the stats, with another poster, and yet here we are again, the left pretending they have a clue about the foster care system.

How many people age out of the foster care system every year? Do you know? I do.

How many of those who age out of foster care were in the foster care system their entire lives? Do you know? I do.

How many adoptions are there every year? Do you know? I do.

Would you like to know how I know these numbers? Because I already went over this with someone else who was peddling the same bs.

The majority of states still allow abortion. You still get to murder your children.

And give me a damn break pretending to give a single SH! about children in foster care when the left wants to murder them.

Old 07-06-2022, 06:39 PM

37,359 posts, read 41,624,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
  • Significantly reduce the cost of adopting and lots more people would be thrilled to adopt a baby. Easily10 million more couples would adopt if the cost wasn't so ludicrous.

Seventy five percent of women who seek abortion are low income.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/teresag...h=59d3d5ca264f

All of the unwanted babies born because of the overturn of Roe vs Wade will not be offered for adoption at birth. Many will be kept by unfit parents and end up in the foster system.

Women should not be required to breed babies for those who want to adopt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies