Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2022, 12:43 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,851,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
What is the Georgia Guidestones you ask? I had never heard of them until the other day and what a neat idea they are. They were set up in 1980 as a marker a tool and instruction for post apocalyptic humans to use and now some losers blew them up. They had been called "Americas Stonehenge".

Here is the Wiki page about them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Guidestones

Here is the news link about their destruction.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/georgia-g...-elbert-county

It seems that some people including a failed candidate for Governor in May of 2022 did not like the monument.

"The roadside attraction received renewed attention during Georgia's May 24 gubernatorial primary when third-place Republican candidate Kandiss Taylor claimed the guidestones are satanic and made demolishing them part of her platform."

How ridiculous and what a shame some far Right fools had to do this. Given the violence of the Far Left in tearing down statues that hurt their feelings and now these Far Right idiots blowing this monument up it just goes to show that we cannot have Nice things thanks to these losers.

What a shame.

I'd never heard of the Georgia Guidestones. I hope they are rebuilt. I'll keep an eye open for someone who wants to rebuild them, I'd definitely donate to that project.

Old 07-07-2022, 12:53 AM

5,479 posts, read 2,125,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
I'd never heard of the Georgia Guidestones. I hope they are rebuilt. I'll keep an eye open for someone who wants to rebuild them, I'd definitely donate to that project.
So, you support an evil globalist agenda?

Old 07-07-2022, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Now THAT IS HILARIOUS!!!:sm ack:

A LIBERAL LAMENTING THE DESTRUCTION OF A HISTORICAL ARTIFACT/MONUMENT???

Have you been asleep for the last several years? The American Taliban has been busy destroying monuments of nearly every historical character in US history over the last several years. Libs have even suggested that Mt. Rushmore should be destroyed. And now liberals are outraged?

Are you kidding me? Libs are so dense that they never seem to appreciate that they are lampooning themselves by such hypocritical "concerns"!

This is hilarious. I don't think you meant it to be, but it is. Which of Todd's posts lead you to believe he's a liberal? Also, whatever you have been drinking, you did bring enough for the rest of us, right? When I was in school, if you were to chew gum in class you had to bring enough for everyone. I believe that should be the rule here as well.

Old 07-07-2022, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Keep the population to 500 million is 'the good side of humanity'?

Well, that sounds a bit low, and to us it is. But the guidestones seem to be a roadmap for rebuilding humanity in the event of thermonuclear holocaust, when numbers would likely drop well below that. So getting back to that number would be quite a feat, and take quite awhile.

Though I could be wrong, it's happened two or three (trillion) times. I'm ok with that. Especially when I'm corrected. I'm always up for learning new stuff.

Old 07-07-2022, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
So, you support an evil globalist agenda?

Yeah! I eat dead baby (cows) too! I also go out at night butt nekkid and howl at the moon.

I AM THE DEBIL.

Old 07-07-2022, 03:31 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,147,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post

Outside of the Peremeter -- not many lefties.
Unfortunately.... they are starting to find their way outside the perimeter. Even Cobb and Cherokee Counties are become purple due to the influx of non-Georgian's. Heck there are a lot who want to destroy Stone Mountain. And I can tell you we who live in Georgia don't consider Stone a monument to the Confederacy. We consider it a pretty park and someplace that makes fake snow in the winter so we can spend a day playing in the cold......

Old 07-07-2022, 04:15 AM

8,389 posts, read 4,380,842 times
For something that is supposed to survive the apocalypse, it seems a crude, homemade explosive took it out.

Old 07-07-2022, 05:05 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,053,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Now THAT IS HILARIOUS!!!:sm ack:

A LIBERAL LAMENTING THE DESTRUCTION OF A HISTORICAL ARTIFACT/MONUMENT???

Have you been asleep for the last several years? The American Taliban has been busy destroying monuments of nearly every historical character in US history over the last several years. Libs have even suggested that Mt. Rushmore should be destroyed. And now liberals are outraged?

Are you kidding me? Libs are so dense that they never seem to appreciate that they are lampooning themselves by such hypocritical "concerns"!
oh dear. Poster is clearly not a conservative. Not sure how you came to that conclusion. Your judgement is way off.

Old 07-07-2022, 05:08 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,053,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
Unfortunately.... they are starting to find their way outside the perimeter. Even Cobb and Cherokee Counties are become purple due to the influx of non-Georgian's. Heck there are a lot who want to destroy Stone Mountain. And I can tell you we who live in Georgia don't consider Stone a monument to the Confederacy. We consider it a pretty park and someplace that makes fake snow in the winter so we can spend a day playing in the cold......
Outside of the Perimeter might be 'purple' within a mile of the Perimeter -- but it's red, red, red as you go further out.

That part of town is not BLUE.

That Stone Mountain thing issue has been raging for years (live in Georgia -- Cobb and then Gwinnett -- I know me some ATL -- 2 kids went to Tech -- just pointing out for reference).

Old 07-07-2022, 06:10 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,147,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Outside of the Perimeter might be 'purple' within a mile of the Perimeter -- but it's red, red, red as you go further out.

That part of town is not BLUE.

That Stone Mountain thing issue has been raging for years (live in Georgia -- Cobb and then Gwinnett -- I know me some ATL -- 2 kids went to Tech -- just pointing out for reference).
Got family in Cobb.... but thankfully.... I live as you say.... "further out".... Love my mountains!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies