Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2022, 06:28 AM

24,734 posts, read 17,475,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
And what were your thoughts when losers on the left pulled down statues?

I thought it was wrong, ignorant and criminal. What is your point?

This country would be a lot better without the Far Right and Far Left Loonies wrecking it.

I do not understand why people think this monument is Satanic. I saw another posting that says these stones are exactly 666.78 miles from the United Nations building in NYC.

I think we have far more to worry about with Biden and the Extreme Left dividing and destroying this country from within than a grouping of stones.

It is just plain wrong and ignorant that someone choose to blow this monument up.

Old 07-07-2022, 06:35 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,565,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Well, that sounds a bit low, and to us it is. But the guidestones seem to be a roadmap for rebuilding humanity in the event of thermonuclear holocaust, when numbers would likely drop well below that. So getting back to that number would be quite a feat, and take quite awhile.

Though I could be wrong, it's happened two or three (trillion) times. I'm ok with that. Especially when I'm corrected. I'm always up for learning new stuff.

I think you're dead on point with your assessment. All of the articles written about their commissioned creation mention their survival of an apocalypse being intended as a guide to recover from one, along with preventing the next one.

Old 07-07-2022, 06:38 AM

2,065 posts, read 1,345,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Hang on -- Biden won because of Fulton county. Not the county where these stones are -- lol.

Do you know Georgia?

Outside of the Peremeter -- not many lefties.
Not true
Here's a map of how Georgia counties voted in 2020.
https://www.politico.com/2020-election/results/georgia/

Here's 2016
https://www.ajc.com/news/map-georgia...election-2016/

http://www.biostat.umn.edu/~greg-g/Election/ga_2012.png

1992 senate
https://www.ourcampaigns.com/RaceDet...l?RaceID=21958

Old 07-07-2022, 06:40 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,644,858 times
They weren’t satanic. This conspiracy nonsense will be the death of humanity. Ironically, these were meant to help humanity in the event of a significant loss of human population.
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 07-07-2022, 06:42 AM

1,110 posts, read 676,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Could be a leftist trying to make Kandiss Taylor and the right look bad. You know how them leftists are.
Well, (probably) leftists just gutted part of Taylor's platform as there are no longer stones to dismantle.

What I find interesting is that the site has 24/7 surveillance and they only show the explosion.

Old 07-07-2022, 06:42 AM

24,734 posts, read 17,475,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
You are the exact type of person who buys the leftist BS because you look no further than the feeling you get when they use seemingly "nice" words instead of thinking about what those words actually mean!

Enjoy your new economic reset! You'll think it's great that all your debt will be wiped out without a single brain cell committed to learning why that will NOT be a good thing!

Quoted above was in response to a question by "Suzy Q" when she asked, what is satanic about them?

Are people really that far gone to believe that a grouping of monoliths that were placed in 1980 is a symbol of the new world order, the great economic reset??

I don't get it.

A few weeks back my wife and I toured Gettysburg PA and the statues and monuments were incredible. I didn't look at the statue of General Lee on his horse Traveller and I did not see a racist loser that was still oppressing Black people but a man that gave his all for his beliefs, heritage and country. The monuments of the Union men were equally impressive.

It has to be a severe case of ignorance to want to destroy our statues, monuments and other public displays but that is what happens when the weak minded are triggered to anger, stirred to outrage and moved to action.

The stupid minority is ruining it all for the majority and this is why we cannot have nice things.

Old 07-07-2022, 06:55 AM

3,675 posts, read 1,636,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
What is the Georgia Guidestones you ask? I had never heard of them until the other day and what a neat idea they are. They were set up in 1980 as a marker a tool and instruction for post apocalyptic humans to use and now some losers blew them up. They had been called "Americas Stonehenge".

Here is the Wiki page about them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Guidestones

Here is the news link about their destruction.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/georgia-g...-elbert-county

It seems that some people including a failed candidate for Governor in May of 2022 did not like the monument.

"The roadside attraction received renewed attention during Georgia's May 24 gubernatorial primary when third-place Republican candidate Kandiss Taylor claimed the guidestones are satanic and made demolishing them part of her platform."

How ridiculous and what a shame some far Right fools had to do this. Given the violence of the Far Left in tearing down statues that hurt their feelings and now these Far Right idiots blowing this monument up it just goes to show that we cannot have Nice things thanks to these losers.

What a shame.
Is there someone who liked the stones? Who? The stones were becoming more and more well known, even being called America's Stonehenge (they are not), and with that nickname becoming an embarrassment to the state of Georgia.

Matter of time before Georgia politicians campaigned to remove it. I believe it's on private property however. No one should vandalize private property.

Whoever did it should pay to repair it, and serve time in jail. And then those that don't like it can try to have it removed by proper legal procedures. Which might require a new Georgia law of some kind? Maybe restricting the size of 'art' structures? If these things were 5 feet tall no one would care.

Old 07-07-2022, 07:03 AM
Status: "This too shall pass. But possibly, like a kidney stone." (set 8 days ago)

35,952 posts, read 18,257,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
They weren’t satanic. This conspiracy nonsense will be the death of humanity. Ironically, these were meant to help humanity in the event of a significant loss of human population.
Apparently this monument was expected to survive armageddon. But ironically, a large portion was knocked to rubble by some amateur ne'er do well.

Truthfully, disturbing eugenics goal aside, this thing reminds me of the "biggest pecan in the world" monument in Seguine, Texas. Sounds kind of interesting, in the downtown square, but it's actually just a statue of a pecan about the size of a watermelon. Hope nobody blows it up, though.

Old 07-07-2022, 07:07 AM

78,943 posts, read 61,126,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
I'm not sure the guidestones would be considered "nice things" in a normal world...same with the satanic statues and other symbols being erected around the world as of late...
Those things are older than Christianity.

Any goober blowing up pre-historic relics should ponder that before embarking on their imitation of ISIS.

Old 07-07-2022, 07:09 AM

78,943 posts, read 61,126,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I do not understand why people think this monument is Satanic. I saw another posting that says these stones are exactly 666.78 miles from the United Nations building in NYC.
Yeah, there are some real nutjobs out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies