Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2022, 06:32 AM

3,268 posts, read 3,224,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
It was a homemade gun ....

People intent on killing will find a way.

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/was-...police-3139278
The 41-year-old, a former member of the Japanese Maritime Self-Defense Force, opened fire at Abe with an apparently homemade gun.
And how did he make the bullets?

The guy is 41? The picture I saw of him, he looked like a skinny 20-year-old kid. No wonder a lot of these Japanese live to 100.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2022, 06:33 AM

39,310 posts, read 27,684,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
The Associated press is already calling him a “divisive arch-conservative”

https://apnews.com/article/shinzo-ab...e4073763cf76df

Our media is the absolute worst.
Japan does not have high level protection for their politicians like many other countries do. I have seen abe in person years ago, he was a charismatic person, that is all I could remember.

This said, the hatred towards conservatives in this country is sickening and tiring. That's why I don't come here to post as much I used to. Life is precious and nobody needs this kind of venom and negative energy surrounding them all thd time simply because they choose to vote a certain way.

The country and the world is divided, period. Wish for kindness and world peace.

Old 07-08-2022, 06:40 AM

39,310 posts, read 27,684,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizrap View Post
And how did he make the bullets?

The guy is 41? The picture I saw of him, he looked like a skinny 20-year-old kid. No wonder a lot of these Japanese live to 100.
My grandma lived to 98 and she died young. . She worked till the day she died. Woke up 4am everyday and went to bed around 9pm. Her diet is mostly fish, miso soup, lots veggie, nuts, and fruits (nothing too sweet though). When she was in her 90s everyone thought she was in her 60s.

She was also a very peaceful person who was rarely mad. She, just like me has been a volunteer at a local VA hospital for a very long time. Working and staying active keep her young.

Old 07-08-2022, 06:56 AM

17,847 posts, read 13,763,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Some can relate frogs mating to their agenda.
The fact remains that Japan has about 10 gun deaths per year. So I guess since the laws don't work the Japanese should be credited for voluntarily refraining from shooting each other.

Old 07-08-2022, 07:52 AM

5,527 posts, read 3,268,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
He was murdered with a homemade, blackpowder gun. 2 pipe nipples, 2 pipe caps, a piece of 2x4 and some electrical tape. No word on firing mechanism, my bet a battery and nichrome wire to light the blackpowder.

Point is anyone that wants to kill can do so, gun laws or not.
Reminds me of that Star Trek episode.

Old 07-08-2022, 07:56 AM

78,626 posts, read 60,809,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondalist View Post
Reminds me of that Star Trek episode.
Kirk vs. The Sleestak

#gettingold

Old 07-08-2022, 07:56 AM

5,963 posts, read 2,782,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Japan is 99% homogenous, with strict immigration.
Japan's population is about to drop in half this century. They're aging, have gone through 3 decades of deflation, economic stagnation. Their young people don't want to have kids and culturally are not even dating people of the opposite sex until they are much older in age. It's an interesting dynamic setting up in Japan.

Old 07-08-2022, 08:00 AM

30,331 posts, read 23,808,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesclues5 View Post
So 1 incident in how many years is proof that their gun laws are a failure?
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Gun nuts are quick to say, "Japan has strict gun control, but there still is a gun violence. Gun control don't work."

But that's like one compared thousands in America.
It's not the number, it's the fact that even with strict gun control....guess what? Bad guys will still get them and use them if they really want to. THAT is what those posters are talking about.

The difference is culture. Their culture is the bigger player in all of this. There is far, FAR more respect in Japan towards others than there is in the U.S. The U.S. is filled to the brim with entitled snots who think the world owes them something because of their feelings. There is a serious lack of respect for fellow human beings in this country.

Watch videos of every day life in Japan. Notice how quiet it is, even in Tokyo. You don't have booming bass, screaming and fighting, people littering all over the place, trashing things when they get mad, making a public spectacle of themselves when angry, etc. You just don't see it. They bow to each other out of respect. What do we get? 'Hey! You owe me! If you don't give me what I want, I'm going to burn the city down!" That's what we get. There's no respect in this country, there's a lot of respect in Japan.

Bad guys are everywhere - and bad guys will get what they want, if necessary, laws or not.

Old 07-08-2022, 08:02 AM

9,942 posts, read 4,697,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
He was murdered with a homemade, blackpowder gun. 2 pipe nipples, 2 pipe caps, a piece of 2x4 and some electrical tape. No word on firing mechanism, my bet a battery and nichrome wire to light the blackpowder.

Point is anyone that wants to kill can do so, gun laws or not.
When there is a will there is a way.

What would this assassin's motivation be. He probably knew it was one and done regardless of the improvised weapons they found in his home.

Old 07-08-2022, 08:08 AM

18,247 posts, read 25,909,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post

The country and the world is divided, period. Wish for kindness and world peace.
Agreed.

A terrible, terrible tragedy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies