Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2022, 11:56 AM

3,187 posts, read 1,514,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
(skip)

So - it's not conventional thinking - because it's true, and they are totally OK with paying people low wages. Good to know.

This is the capper.

For those of us at the high end of the social ladder, ending hunger globally would be a disaster. If there were no hunger in the world, who would plow the fields? Who would harvest our vegetables? Who would work in the rendering plants? Who would clean our toilets? We would have to produce our own food and clean our own toilets. No wonder people at the high end are not rushing to solve the hunger problem. For many of us, hunger is not a problem, but an asset.

These people are totally OK with causing pain to the lower classes - which to them is about 95% of the population. Inflation doesn't bother them... it creates more hunger, which for them is a good thing. High energy prices doesn't bother them. Food supply shortages doesn't bother them.

Are these the same people that hype the climate hoax and tell us to switch away from reliable energy sources that has worked for centuries?
Great find. Elites can be so sick and heartless. But here is the thing to remember...they can't survive on their own. They clearly want us all poor and desperate enough to do their bidding.

It's not about incentive to work. Plenty have that. It's one thing to plow your own fields, can your own food, clean your own toilet and make your own bed.

No, the "leisure class" wants to force an environment where we don't own anything and have no choice but to work for them. Their terms, their price.

Another thing they really fear is independent thought. No wonder they want all media controlled.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2022, 12:02 PM

45,662 posts, read 27,282,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HungryHillTops View Post
From the article:

Hunger has great positive value to many people. Indeed, it is fundamental to the working of the world's economy.

Hungry people are the most productive people, especially where there is a need for manual labour.

Never seen a better description of capitalism heheh.
This is what we do to smaller nations in the name of profits. Just look at Nestlie and their attitude towards the concept of water being a human right.
Quote:
Capitalism is an economic system. It places no value on whether or not people are hungry... people do that.

The author in the OP has a bad attitude towards people beneath him.
Quote:
I’m talking about hunger being the incentive. Hunger and homelessness is the pseudo gun to your head.
Or if your a migrant, you can add deportation. So you have to take the meager pay and treatment or else you face one of those 3 scenarios.

Look at how workers in 3rd world nations are treated. Know why big companies like sending production to South America? Because they can abuse human rights with little to no consequences. Don’t need to pay for better conditions, don’t need to pay a fair wage, etc.

And the government doesn’t care because it’s a puppet government by the US. Placed there specifically to allow these companies free reign after the U.S. backed coup that toppled the democratically elected government.
When someone has a gun to your head - the person with the gun controls life and death.

When you are talking about work and how a person chooses to provide for himself, he is in control of his own situation. He can choose to work low wage, or choose to make himself more valuable by educating himself or offering a service that's in demand.

If the economy is being manipulated to create poor people so they can work for cheap - what's the difference between that and forced slavery? It sounds like that's what the author wants - cheap labor to clean the toilets. So break the economy to create a bunch of poor people, and you have a dedicated underclass to clean up after the elites. They want slaves.

Old 07-08-2022, 01:01 PM

5 posts, read 1,891 times
Quote:
When someone has a gun to your head - the person with the gun controls life and death.

When you are talking about work and how a person chooses to provide for himself, he is in control of his own situation. He can choose to work low wage, or choose to make himself more valuable by educating himself or offering a service that's in demand.

If the economy is being manipulated to create poor people so they can work for cheap - what's the difference between that and forced slavery? It sounds like that's what the author wants - cheap labor to clean the toilets. So break the economy to create a bunch of poor people, and you have a dedicated underclass to clean up after the elites. They want slaves.
Your last paragraph l, that’s exactly how our system works.

Now, we only have as much control in our lives as our income allows. Two things that hold us back, lack of money, and lack of time. And lack of money for resources to fix those issues.

You need money? Well you need a job. But you live in an area that requires a car. But you can’t afford a car, so you take the bus but the bus system is garbage and your job’s scheduling sucks.

But lets say you manage to work something out. That’s not enough to live, to obtain the basic necessities. So you need a second job. Because rent is expensive even though the building you live in is old and the landlord has yet to replace your broken shower head and there’s no AC.

You wanna get a better job, but you don’t have the time for classes, and you can’t afford to shorten your schedule and miss work. And school is expensive.

Also you can’t afford to get sick or injured because you cannot afford health insurance. This week you pay rent so you can barely afford to pay for food. So it’s cup of noodles and that package of bologna.

Congrats you got a car, but now it need maintenance. If only the US didn’t sacrifice public transit for the sake of the auto industry’s pockets.

You only have as much control as you can afford to have. For a lot of people, losing their income can be a death sentence. Diabetic or other health condition? Too bad, you go homeless and die. Can’t pay rent? Too bad, you go homeless and get mugged then stabbed. Or you become another lost soul on the street.

Our system works for the benefit of big business. Why do you think SCOTUS took power from the EPA.

Me as a worker, what do I gain from that? But I bet the company I work for can save tons of money by easing up mitigating pollution in the town I live in giving rise to cancer cases.

It’s class war. And the workers are losing.

Old 07-08-2022, 01:41 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 20 days ago)

35,674 posts, read 18,045,481 times
Quote:
So you agree with his take on this? Hunger is a good thing... you agree with this?
Well, it's certainly not a good thing for the hungry.

But it's how the wealthy classes stay wealthy. For those at the top of the food chain to NOT REALIZE they need the poor to remain poor, for the rich to remain rich, is lack of honesty.

Old 07-08-2022, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Well, it's certainly not a good thing for the hungry.

But it's how the wealthy classes stay wealthy. For those at the top of the food chain to NOT REALIZE they need the poor to remain poor, for the rich to remain rich, is lack of honesty.
OK - Ignore and/or dodge my question

And no - the rich does not need people to be poor to remain wealthy. Who will buy their products if everyone is poor?

Ridiculous

Old 07-08-2022, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Your last paragraph l, that’s exactly how our system works.

Now, we only have as much control in our lives as our income allows. Two things that hold us back, lack of money, and lack of time. And lack of money for resources to fix those issues.

You need money? Well you need a job. But you live in an area that requires a car. But you can’t afford a car, so you take the bus but the bus system is garbage and your job’s scheduling sucks.

But lets say you manage to work something out. That’s not enough to live, to obtain the basic necessities. So you need a second job. Because rent is expensive even though the building you live in is old and the landlord has yet to replace your broken shower head and there’s no AC.

You wanna get a better job, but you don’t have the time for classes, and you can’t afford to shorten your schedule and miss work. And school is expensive.

Also you can’t afford to get sick or injured because you cannot afford health insurance. This week you pay rent so you can barely afford to pay for food. So it’s cup of noodles and that package of bologna.

Congrats you got a car, but now it need maintenance. If only the US didn’t sacrifice public transit for the sake of the auto industry’s pockets.

You only have as much control as you can afford to have. For a lot of people, losing their income can be a death sentence. Diabetic or other health condition? Too bad, you go homeless and die. Can’t pay rent? Too bad, you go homeless and get mugged then stabbed. Or you become another lost soul on the street.

Our system works for the benefit of big business. Why do you think SCOTUS took power from the EPA.

Me as a worker, what do I gain from that? But I bet the company I work for can save tons of money by easing up mitigating pollution in the town I live in giving rise to cancer cases.

It’s class war. And the workers are losing.
The intent of the system is not manipulation to keep people poor. There are people who engage in that, and I think it's a bad practice.

Old 07-08-2022, 02:48 PM

18,359 posts, read 26,530,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post
Great find. Elites can be so sick and heartless. But here is the thing to remember...they can't survive on their own. They clearly want us all poor and desperate enough to do their bidding.

It's not about incentive to work. Plenty have that. It's one thing to plow your own fields, can your own food, clean your own toilet and make your own bed.

No, the "leisure class" wants to force an environment where we don't own anything and have no choice but to work for them. Their terms, their price.

Another thing they really fear is independent thought. No wonder they want all media controlled.
If the majority of the population simply stopped accepting the validity of money, the whole house of cards comes down for the elite.

Old 07-08-2022, 02:58 PM

30,321 posts, read 23,800,844 times
I read that last night. Maybe I was being too charitable, but I thought at the end he was saying what pricks they are that they depend on hungry people to (cue Kelly Osborne) 'clean their toilets' (/cue), and pick their veggies.

Reading it again today, it doesn't come across that way at all.

Would explain why so many on the left want to bring illegals in - pay them crap wages, have them doing back breaking work all day, and claim that they 'care' about them. No, they just want cheap labor who won't complain so that they, with the elitist attitudes, can have what they want, when they want.

Over the years on this forum, I have seen many on the left crying about how getting rid of illegals would make the price of lettuce go up. Or the lie that 'Americans won't do the jobs that the illegals do', while the illegals take over hotel work, restaurant work, construction work, etc. They just want their crap cheap. That's all they care about, not people.

The UN, the WEF, the WHO - they are not for people, they are against people, and the left is more than delighted to follow what these organizations are pushing, but love to pretend they've never heard of any of their statements before.

"You will own nothing, and you will be happy." Who keeps trying to take things from the people? It's not the right. Who campaigns for higher wages for themselves, but not the illegals they keep letting into this country? Who looks down on people and classifies them only as 'black and brown people', and not who they are.

I don't, for one second, believe that those on the left are clueless about any of this. I do believe that they think they will be above everyone should this great reset BS ever succeed. It will be a miserable time for everyone, but one aspect that will bring me great joy is watching the useless idiots on the left finding themselves in the same situation as everyone else - because the true elites - the ones with more money than they could ever spend in a lifetime - will toss them aside as soon as they get what they want.

This is what people like Trudeau are pushing. This is what people like Biden are pushing. This is what some of the 'lefties' (as we would define them) in Australian government have been pushing. This is why some in the UK didn't want Brexit.

They don't want countries to have their own rule of law - they want to control everyone under one world government, and you can bet what that jackass wrote is one way they would make people do things to get just a bite of food at the end of the day, since, again, we will 'own nothing', including the dolts on the left who think they are fighting for an 'equal' world. Oh, you'll be 'equal' alright - you will suffer equally.

If anyone believes the UN, WEF, and the WHO aren't in this together, they aren't even trying to inform themselves. These people are telling you what they think of you, and how they want to control you. They have annual meetings that are broadcast. They have websites. They have published books. The media isn't going to tell you.

It's incredible to me how dumb people are, and how they think everything is a random coincidence.

Old 07-08-2022, 04:25 PM

3,187 posts, read 1,514,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
If the majority of the population simply stopped accepting the validity of money, the whole house of cards comes down for the elite.
Yes, it would come down. It's almost like we don't have "real" money now anyway when you think about. The majority are simply living paycheck to paycheck. Even the seemingly well-off finance most everything. I saw it when I worked at a bank. Bottom line, it's gotten to the point where there is the 1% and the rest of us. When I was growing up there wasn't this much of a divide.

The people I was referring to in my other post are of course the very poor, the ones forced to clean toilets.

But what about the rest of us? We can make ourselves feel better that we are steps above that, but how much better? Sure, like OP said they also want us buying stuff, but look how that is done: on credit. The big things are almost without exception only obtainable with a line of credit. Our house, our cars, major home expenses. And that's if you are frugal and avoid charging "extras".

When you consider all of the interest we pay and how we are stuck, it feels like a form of indentured servitude.

We are keeping the "system" going, but we are working hard to ultimately benefit the ultra-rich who find every way to skim off the top. Keeping your head above water is not a sign of success. It's just what most have gotten used to, so we say, "at least I have a job" when we start to feel hopeless. It's to the elite's advantage to keep the status quo and people right where they are.

Old 07-08-2022, 04:54 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 20 days ago)

35,674 posts, read 18,045,481 times
Quote:
OK - Ignore and/or dodge my question

And no - the rich does not need people to be poor to remain wealthy. Who will buy their products if everyone is poor?

Ridiculous
yes, the wealthy do need the poor

if there weren't poor/hungry people, who would work at McDonalds, or any other minimum wage job, that we all witnessed during the pandemic, are the ESSENTIAL workers?

Paying them a wage to lift them well into middle class won't work, because food will be too expensive.

If they were comfortable from some other line of work, that paid, they certainly wouldn't be offering to flip your burger.

The "working poor" is a part of a capitalistic society and always will be.

And I didn't dodge your question.

I answered it fully.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies