Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2022, 11:06 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,326,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
Well, it is elementary school and public funded. Are you willing for your tax dollars to go toward Islamic education?

I think that his educational programs clearly are slanted toward his political and religious beliefs. That's a problem for me.

Conservative make extreme, knee-jerk reactions to what they presume to be leftist indoctrination.
our local politics reporter tried a "gotcha" with school choice, noting similarly to you "Did y'all realize the single greatest recipient of vouchers was an Islamic school?"

You could almost hear the deflation when he didn't get shocked "Oh NO! Not Islam!!" but instead was shown the CURRENT chart of what schools got the vouchers...which showed an Islamic school was indeed a significant recipient, but was not the largest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2022, 11:14 AM

18,770 posts, read 8,488,330 times
DeSantis is the devil incarnate.....ROTFL

the vast majority of "teachers" are liberals.....what would you expect them to say

Old 07-10-2022, 11:14 AM

11,421 posts, read 11,153,074 times
Quote:
I have a problem with religious doctrine in schools. Conservatives need to understand that freedom of religion is for all religions.
Do you have a problem with children being taught CRT in the classroom? Do you take issue with a teacher that promotes LBGTQIA+ ideals or sex related topics in the classroom?

Today's children are being exposed to these types of topics in heavy doses in public schools. Wokeism is a religion to the left, and they gleefully indoctrinate young minds with that filth.

What would be a proportionate response to this type of rubbish being taught in our schools?

Old 07-10-2022, 11:20 AM

20,072 posts, read 9,604,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Do you have a problem with children being taught CRT in the classroom? Do you take issue with a teacher that promotes LBGTQIA+ ideals or sex related topics in the classroom?

Today's children are being exposed to these types of topics in heavy doses in public schools. Wokeism is a religion to the left, and they gleefully indoctrinate young minds with that filth.

What would be a proportionate response to this type of rubbish being taught in our schools?
The only SANE response, imo, would be to stop teaching anything but the 3 R's and maybe some basic science and geography until about the fifth grade? I have read that kids don't really start to reason and form their own opinions for themselves until about the age of nine. (I don't know if that is true or not, however.)

I would include history along with the 3 R's, but it I do think it is true history is a matter of contention of debate. Maybe just some history about the the establishment of the U.S., including the Constitution and its amendments might be okay, though? (Although I doubt that even this could be taught these days without it being contested by both parents on the left and by parents on the right.)

Last edited by katharsis; 07-10-2022 at 12:42 PM..

Old 07-10-2022, 11:28 AM

6,830 posts, read 3,424,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haksel257 View Post
Separation of church and state is a thing.
It is a "thing" but very few liberals know what it is. It means that there can be no state sponsored religion and really has nothing to do with education. There should be no specific religious principles taught in public schools, but that is not separation of church and state.

Radical leftist educators have no problem instructing young students on the depravity of their liberal agenda, but bring up morals and ethics, both foreign concepts to them, and they go off the deep end.

Old 07-10-2022, 11:29 AM

35,837 posts, read 21,228,103 times
Quote:
OK, so the nutball president of Hillsdale College stated:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/educa...best-colleges/

He also said that education majors go to the dumbest part of colleges and basically are not smart.

Now, president Larry Arnn can believe what he wants (and his statements were made in the presence of the TN Republican governor who has yet to distance himself from them) but he has packaged his beliefs for selling in charter schools to be established in the states. TN expects to start about 100 schools with his insights on learning. Wh else? Desantis in FL.

So DeSantis is ok with indoctrination as long as it is conservative and Christian, it seems.

Arnn stated further:

https://www.wvlt.tv/2022/06/30/gov-l...best-colleges/

Quite a guy.
And we are now 9000 teachers short. Almost twice as many. I’ve been harping for weeks - privatizing the schools is what he’s after. Follow the dam money he could care less about the kids .

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/...g-school-year/

Old 07-10-2022, 11:33 AM

15,154 posts, read 8,713,961 times
Quote:
Well, it is elementary school and public funded. Are you willing for your tax dollars to go toward Islamic education?

I think that his educational programs clearly are slanted toward his political and religious beliefs. That's a problem for me.

Conservative make extreme, knee-jerk reactions to what they presume to be leftist indoctrination.
Promotion of homosexuality, gender dysphoria, freak transgenders conducting story time for children, Critical Race Theory, and teaching white children to feel guilty for being born white is not “presumed leftist indoctrination”. It is overt and in your face leftist indoctrination on steroids.

Old 07-10-2022, 11:34 AM

43,663 posts, read 18,696,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
DeSantis is the devil incarnate.....ROTFL

the vast majority of "teachers" are liberals.....what would you expect them to say
Trump is gone. They need another public figure to demonize.

Old 07-10-2022, 11:35 AM

1,889 posts, read 1,016,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
It is a "thing" but very few liberals know what it is. It means that there can be no state sponsored religion and really has nothing to do with education. There should be no specific religious principles taught in public schools, but that is not separation of church and state.

Radical leftist educators have no problem instructing young students on the depravity of their liberal agenda, but bring up morals and ethics, both foreign concepts to them, and they go off the deep end.
I consider public funding to be "state sponsorship", even if it's non-discriminatory. All publicly funded education should be secular.

I also don't equate religion with morals and/or ethics.

Old 07-10-2022, 11:35 AM

5,805 posts, read 4,781,053 times
Quote:
OK, so the nutball president of Hillsdale College stated:

He also said that education majors go to the dumbest part of colleges and basically are not smart.

Now, president Larry Arnn can believe what he wants (and his statements were made in the presence of the TN Republican governor who has yet to distance himself from them) but he has packaged his beliefs for selling in charter schools to be established in the states. TN expects to start about 100 schools with his insights on learning. Wh else? Desantis in FL.

So DeSantis is ok with indoctrination as long as it is conservative and Christian, it seems.

Arnn stated further:

https://www.wvlt.tv/2022/06/30/gov-l...best-colleges/

Quite a guy.
Sorry Omarosa, but you’re reaching here.

Desantis opposes extreme views within school curriculum.

Thread fail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies