Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2022, 09:48 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times

Advertisements

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...iden-inflation

Quote:
The average U.S. worker has lost $3,400 in annual income as a result of skyrocketing inflation since President Biden took office nearly 18 months ago.

Overall, the Consumer Price Index, a key inflation measurement, surged 9.1% year-over-year in June, a more-than-expected increase that marked its highest level since November 1981, according to a Bureau of Labor Statistics report Wednesday. The decline amounts to a roughly $3,400 yearly income decrease for the average worker and a $6,800 decline for families in which both parents work...

"There are plenty of families that that's more than their food budget a year," Antoni told Fox Business in an interview. "I can't emphasize enough how much this is really crushing consumers."

"It's truly crushing the middle class and then the White House spokesperson says these garbage lines like ‘the economy is in transition,’" he continued. "Transition in the same sense, I suppose, that an iceberg transitioned the Titanic into a submarine."
Nothing that most people don't already know, with their own purchases. Biden is as much of a disaster for this nation as Carter was. Worse actually-Carter might have been incompetent, but he at least loved this country and tried. Everything Biden does appears to be aimed at making things worse for Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2022, 10:00 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,250,696 times
This is a great analogy. "It's truly crushing the middle class and then the White House spokesperson says these garbage lines like ‘the economy is in transition,’" he continued. "Transition in the same sense, I suppose, that an iceberg transitioned the Titanic into a submarine."

The Dems are masters at language and changing words to lessen the blow to our minds. Trump of course was the opposite, he told it like it was. It could be why the Left shuddered every time he spoke?

I know we are starting to feel the pinch at the grocery store with the rising prices and I recently got a statement from my investments and I lost a chunk thanks to Brandon.

Biden is working to wreck this country. There really is no other way to see it but what is the end goal? Do they really want to crush the middle class and push them to the point where we are dependent on the Government for our daily needs? Do they really want a complete welfare state? That is one way to stay in power, have the people dependent on the Dems for the food on their table. It is almost like the Elite Democrats want us to be slaves to them?

You are correct OP, Carter might have been a mess but at his heart he loved America and he tried to do what was best for us all. With Biden it is like his people are trying to make us suffer but why?

Old 07-13-2022, 10:03 AM

7,513 posts, read 5,756,758 times
Dumb votes have consequences…

Old 07-13-2022, 10:06 AM

21,950 posts, read 9,517,840 times
This doesn't take into account how much their 401k has dropped.

Old 07-13-2022, 10:23 AM

1,952 posts, read 830,095 times
Do not question Build Back Better. LOL

Old 07-13-2022, 10:28 AM

21,869 posts, read 25,167,969 times
They're still ahead, for now, on the expanded child welfare payments, stim checks, free rent if applicable. Hopefully they didn't spend all the welfare on current consumption but put it to a better long term use.

Old 07-13-2022, 10:31 AM

14,232 posts, read 4,599,663 times
I lost 25K from my TSP this year thanks to Biden

Old 07-13-2022, 10:32 AM

17,645 posts, read 6,923,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I haven't looked at mine since the Biden regime seized power. Afraid to look.

Old 07-13-2022, 10:35 AM

25,766 posts, read 12,840,301 times
I just read today that real wages have fallen 3.3% in the past year. Its likely more, but they're admitting to 3.3%.

The Democrat party is in full retreat, & blaming everything that moves...except themselves. They know full well that the end of the uber left is near...less than 4 months out.

Their policies have failed, & their failures becomes more transparent with every passing day.

Now, the Independents and moderate Democrats will expel the uber left from their party, while they try to rebuild their brand. It will take years for American voters to trust them again; after this train wreck.

Last edited by beach43ofus; 07-13-2022 at 11:19 AM..

Old 07-13-2022, 10:35 AM

4,548 posts, read 2,274,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post

Right? I have lost 16% of my 401K value. Probably not going to be able to make it back before I retire in 5 years (if I can) unless something major happens. I only expect it to get worse under Biden.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies