Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2022, 04:08 PM

9,375 posts, read 6,982,208 times

Advertisements

whatever the red wave is it won't be big enough they will also puff their chests out and bring out the right wing crazies.. Then shifting the tide back to the dems in the next election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2022, 04:12 PM

4,661 posts, read 1,954,435 times
likely to be a republican landslide. Unfortunately the skeptic and realistic in me believes this will mean nothing. Say all you want about the Dems but at least they do stuff, i pretty much disagree with everything they actually are trying to do but I give them credit to working at those goals. The repubs just sit there and do nothing and i expect more of the same. I know they are supposed to be the "conservative" party but sometimes you have to act.

Sure the Repub leadership will bluster and make speeches but in the end nothing, nothing will be done.

Old 07-15-2022, 04:24 PM

25,751 posts, read 12,832,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remco67 View Post
likely to be a republican landslide. Unfortunately the skeptic and realistic in me believes this will mean nothing. Say all you want about the Dems but at least they do stuff, i pretty much disagree with everything they actually are trying to do but I give them credit to working at those goals. The repubs just sit there and do nothing and i expect more of the same. I know they are supposed to be the "conservative" party but sometimes you have to act.

Sure the Repub leadership will bluster and make speeches but in the end nothing, nothing will be done.
Yup, nothing much will get done that will shrink spending or shrink Big Gov. We are doomed by runaway political corruption.

Old 07-15-2022, 04:35 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,521,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Here's the maga white nationalist running in my district:

https://youtu.be/90e4I8U27y0
Interesting. I've been following a number of impressive black and Latino GOP candidates for the house/senate. Looking better than ever-glad to see that there are a good number of smart, successful blacks willing to leave the plantation.

Old 07-15-2022, 04:49 PM

25,751 posts, read 12,832,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Maybe we should just admit that we all loathe each other, and there is no common ground or ability to work together toward mutual beneficial goals of any kind, and it is impossible to ever speak to one another again without derrision and hate clouding the issues - and figure out a way to separate without having to resort to massive bloodshed and destruction of everything we've built.
As a conservative, I don't loathe Republicans, Independents, or Moderate Democrats. I loathe the uber left radicals who have taken over our country, & who have now revealed their evil destructive agenda.

We don't have to resort to massive bloodshed to cancel them, 2 peaceful elections will work just fine.

Please join the centrist 80% to cancel the uber left now in control, and any uber right nutjobs who have similar goals.

Old 07-15-2022, 04:57 PM

17,431 posts, read 14,657,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Interesting. I've been following a number of impressive black and Latino GOP candidates for the house/senate. Looking better than ever-glad to see that there are a good number of smart, successful blacks willing to leave the plantation.
She’s the real deal.

I have never seen anyone work harder to earn votes - she has been boots on the ground in my district running hard for a year.

Old 07-15-2022, 05:05 PM

6,035 posts, read 2,852,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Or we could get the republican maga white nationalist facists out so America doesn't become the tyrannical 3rd world banana republic it is poised to be, ruled by despots and christian extremists who can strip the human rights of millions as it suits them.

See, there's no common ground anymore. I won't be ruled by red, you won't by blue. Nothing is left to say.
Wow! Does your "location" accurately describe you!

May God heal the hatred in your heart!

The level of hatred you espouse is not healthy. How would someone, like myself, be able to find common ground with someone with your level of hatred towards people who disagree with you?

Old 07-15-2022, 05:07 PM

12,990 posts, read 9,516,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAN_Man View Post
Real Clear Politics has their map up for the 2022 election for the House of Representatives.

The current House is comprised of: 220 Democrats ~ 209 Republicans with 6 Vacancies.

As of today, the Dems are likely to have at least 179 seats, while the GOP is likely to hold 223 and there are 33 toss-ups. 218 seats are needed to become the majority party. Amongst the 33 toss-ups, 29 are blue/democrat held districts, meaning the GOP is very likely to flip a lot of blue districts to red, where the Dems only have a couple opportunities to flip a red district to blue.

This is going to be a shellacking for the Dems in November.

Check out the map here:
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...tions-map.html
Let's hope so.

Old 07-16-2022, 10:04 AM

5,942 posts, read 2,763,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
As a conservative, I don't loathe Republicans, Independents, or Moderate Democrats. I loathe the uber left radicals who have taken over our country, & who have now revealed their evil destructive agenda.
Good post. I loathe the extremists of all stripes, like the people that can't seem to define what a "woman" is. All of a sudden, it's a mystery. Like, what the hell is a "woman". Some new mysterious creature? Yet they hold signs up at pro-choice rallies that "Defend a Woman's right to Choose".

Old 07-16-2022, 10:35 AM

3,006 posts, read 1,494,303 times
The Republicans may get some easy victories, but they still need to show up with competent candidates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies