Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2022, 06:01 AM

408 posts, read 293,091 times

Advertisements

And then refers that child to an abortion doctor in say Pennsylvania, couldn’t Missouri prosecute the Missouri doctor and there is no federal authority to override s Missouri law that prosecutes a state liscensed physician from assisting in a procedure that violates the law in the state of medical practice ?

Freedom to travel between states is obviously free for all Americans always was … no need up pass a redundant law, but the actions of licensed professionals bound by state laws I would think can be prosecuted by the state independent of where a pregnant person travels out … that referring doctor would be subject to the state law of the state of medical practice licensing

Also there’s cases like …. If you are in a state where the age of consent for intercourse is 16 but you lure a minor out of a system where the consent age is 18 , and that minor is 16, you can be charged with a number of crimes for the trafficking between states regardless of the following the consent law… of course consent to agreeing to leave the state is violated in itself when a state law to protect a minor is stripped away by using trafficking .

Here there’s an issue of trafficking around laws to protect an unborn

Last edited by Freesponge; 07-17-2022 at 06:09 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2022, 06:11 AM

9,577 posts, read 4,400,093 times
I doubt any court would interpret arranging transportation and a referral as "assisting in a procedure". Such ruling could open the floodgates to all sorts of litigation that we Americans love so dearly. Slip and fall at Walmart? Sue Walmart and the Uber driver who drove you there. And the manufacturer of the Uber car. I'm optimistic that Republicans won't go Dem-style bat-crap crazy trying to enforce abortion laws by prosecuting scenarios like this. If the situation were reversed, I can easily see Dems doing so. Their "the ends justifies the means" is probably the most dangerous ideology currently enjoying widespread support among a significant portion of the population. They're too stupid to understand the consequences.

Old 07-17-2022, 07:25 AM

24,089 posts, read 15,200,084 times
Speaking of bat crap crazy, Texas has a law that offers a $10,000.00 reward for anybody turning in a woman seeking an abortion after a heartbeat was detected. The Texas Heartbeat Act passed May 2021.

Texas will not do any business with anybody who does not support Israel. That included teachers until one filed suit. Now the company must have over X employees. IIRC, it was 10. Companies have to sign a sworn statement that they do not support any form of BDS.

If there was any place to go that wasn't doing the same thing I'd get out of here in a minute.

Old 07-17-2022, 07:57 AM

6,450 posts, read 2,767,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Speaking of bat crap crazy, Texas has a law that offers a $10,000.00 reward for anybody turning in a woman seeking an abortion after a heartbeat was detected. The Texas Heartbeat Act passed May 2021.
And here we are a couple of weeks past the decision. We have reports of 10-year-old rape victims having to cross State Lines. Companies pay for their employee's expenses to travel to other States. States saying that they will "protect" anyone who is sued over an abortion. Reports of doctors refusing to perform abortions to save the life of the mother. People going to open up floating abortion clinics. Now more people arranging transportation for 15-year-olds. By the time I wrote this, perhaps we may even hear of another couple of situations. You would think that there isn't a single abortion being performed in the US that is being done without some sort of "trickery" or complicated clandestine operation.

Yet we don't have a single report of anyone getting sued for providing transportation. .

The MSM is trying to make these exceptions sound like the rule. Doctors refuse to perform abortions on ectopic pregnancies and talk about how horrible these laws are...News. Doctors that are still doing that to protect the life of the mother...and then don't get arrested...Not News.

Old 07-17-2022, 09:04 AM

24,089 posts, read 15,200,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
And here we are a couple of weeks past the decision. We have reports of 10-year-old rape victims having to cross State Lines. Companies pay for their employee's expenses to travel to other States. States saying that they will "protect" anyone who is sued over an abortion. Reports of doctors refusing to perform abortions to save the life of the mother. People going to open up floating abortion clinics. Now more people arranging transportation for 15-year-olds. By the time I wrote this, perhaps we may even hear of another couple of situations. You would think that there isn't a single abortion being performed in the US that is being done without some sort of "trickery" or complicated clandestine operation.

Yet we don't have a single report of anyone getting sued for providing transportation. .

The MSM is trying to make these exceptions sound like the rule. Doctors refuse to perform abortions on ectopic pregnancies and talk about how horrible these laws are...News. Doctors that are still doing that to protect the life of the mother...and then don't get arrested...Not News.
That reward law was passed a year ago. I have not heard of anyone collecting the reward. But then, I did't know if one had a smart thermostat the electricity provider could adjust your settings.

Now, the state needs to be worried about Mexicans smuggling abortion pills. I read one site used to get 10 calls a day. Now they get a 100 request to mail abortion pills into Texas.

Whatever the state comes up with, somebody will figure a way to get around it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies