Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe Joe Biden got the most votes in history
Yes - he got 81 million votes. Elections were fair, nothing was wrong with it 114 34.55%
No - something is a bit fishy or odd with it 216 65.45%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2022, 08:41 AM

23,824 posts, read 24,202,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
I had the feeling Biden would be a disaster, but never thought he would be as awful as this. It really is disgraceful and embarrassing to have a cognitively impaired geriatric buffoon in the White House.
His condition is the excuse. The destruction is intentional. We warned of it before the election and were ignored. Now that it's happening just as predicted/planned, we're still ignored.

What's it going to take before people accept that this economic and social damage is on purpose? A direct confession?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2022, 08:42 AM

8,503 posts, read 4,607,548 times
I see the crazy idiot election deniers are at it again. It is unfortunate that these people do not have the intelligence capacity to accept reality.

FACT
Donald Trump failed to get the most votes in both the 2020 and 2016 presidential elections

Old 07-22-2022, 08:43 AM

292 posts, read 101,037 times
There were plenty of things that were wrong with the elections but I also believe he did get more or less the number of votes claimed.

Old 07-22-2022, 08:44 AM

5,808 posts, read 5,146,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
81 million votes, the most votes for any US elected official in history. The inspiration on peoples faces, happiness, and his plan to help Americans made him win.
Biden's win was as much about the democrats' platform as it was about how disgusting people felt about trump....

Old 07-22-2022, 08:46 AM

52,426 posts, read 52,978,006 times
There was no enthusiasm for the guy. He barely campaigned and when he did he never had big impressive turnouts.

Put Trump aside here for a minute, but are we to believe that Biden pulled down more votes than Obama, Obama was the great coming savior, he drew big crowds, campaigned well and is a much more polished politician. We're supposed to believe that Biden was better and drew more votes them him?

Old 07-22-2022, 08:49 AM

10,753 posts, read 7,231,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
There was no enthusiasm for the guy. He barely campaigned and when he did he never had big impressive turnouts.

Put Trump aside here for a minute, but are we to believe that Biden pulled down more votes than Obama, Obama was the great coming savior, he drew big crowds, campaigned well and is a much more polished politician. We're supposed to believe that Biden was better and drew more votes them him?
Trump was pulling crowds at his rallies, in some cases, larger than the Superbowl attendance and doing it multiple times a day as we got closer to the election. Meanwhile, Biden was drawing crowds of 6 people (I wish I was joking, but this is literally the number of people who showed up at an event).

Old 07-22-2022, 09:11 AM

21,427 posts, read 7,509,518 times
It was a high turnout election.

Trump made it so.

What is important to remember that this election was all about rejecting Trump. The American people resoundingly rejected his character, his style of governance and his dangerous tendencies.

It is worth noting that in modern times Republicans almost never receive the majority of votes for the presidency. Even when they win the office (such as Trump in 2016), they do not get the majority of individual votes. Republican consultants and political analysts have known this for decades and it is a matter of public record.

So yes. Joe Biden did receive the highest vote count thus far in history. If Trump runs again, whomever runs against him will also get the highest vote count. Guaranteed.

Old 07-22-2022, 09:15 AM

2,102 posts, read 736,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
Trump wasn't unethical? LOL.

No conflicts of interest at all? Nepotism???
haha, that is the main issue with the leftists in the US. As the OP pointed out, all are unethical.

Old 07-22-2022, 09:24 AM

5,364 posts, read 3,263,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Trump was pulling crowds at his rallies, in some cases, larger than the Superbowl attendance and doing it multiple times a day as we got closer to the election. Meanwhile, Biden was drawing crowds of 6 people (I wish I was joking, but this is literally the number of people who showed up at an event).
"Rallies" are not voting booths. It amazes me that people think that everyone needs to show up at a rally in order to vote. (I wish I was joking but people literally think that rallies = votes).

There are MILLIONS of people, just like me, who don't put signs on our yard, bumper stickers on our car, or make sure to tell everyone who we're going to vote for, we simply show up at the polling place, grab a pen and ballot, mark our candidate, and turn in the ballot. Our lives aren't defined by who we voted for.

And the kicker is - sometimes my candidate wins, sometimes they lose. That's politics for ya. I have never, ever, spent 2 years crying about my candidate losing.

Old 07-22-2022, 09:43 AM

21,427 posts, read 7,509,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Traditionally, the rallies are for party activists, the people who go from house to house collecting signatures for ballot initiatives for example, or those who tend to volunteer as election judges and poll watchers and precinct captains.

The typical party member doesn't necessarily even know when the candidate is coming in. That's normal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies