Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2022, 08:01 AM

5,867 posts, read 3,314,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Here is the thing. I can only do my best as an individual. I do what I'm suppose to do. I work hard, I don't commit crime, I don't partake in the thug life. And I can find plenty of Black people who are doing the same, working hard, not partaking in the thug life.

And you're missing my point. In order for that thug culture to die out, it is going to take ALL of America's effort. Thug culture sells. Plenty of non-Black people are making money off of it. The record executives, the higher-ups, they make the most money.

I don't have any hope of a group effort coming to fruition. We can try, but pop culture simply has too much money to stop it. We live in a society that, at its core, is individualistic. It would be easier if this was a collective society, but American society, at large, is individualistic. If Black people want to control their own images, the entirety of the Black population would literally have to check out of American society (the main part) and live apart from the rest of America, like a foreign country. The thugs and hood rats live in their own world, and Black people who are about their business are trying to live in mainstream American society. Truth is, Black people have never had any control over their images in the American conscious.

Something else. We have plenty of Black men in the public sphere who aren't engaging in thug culture. Guess who is more popular? The thugs, the rappers. Thug culture sells. Like I've said over and over: Follow the money. Michael B. Jordan might be respected and liked, but the rappers are going to get more popularity.
When I was a young cop in the ghetto I was told by an old timer 95% of the people here are good people that just want to be safe and provide for their families. It was true then and it is true now. Honestly it's the 5% that act like savages that cause all the negative stereotypes. BTW there are whites and white trash. There are blacks and black ghetto trash. It is what it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2022, 08:06 AM

5,959 posts, read 2,905,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
It's comments like these that make me come back to the P & C forum
So long Phil P.

Old 07-23-2022, 08:06 AM

73,143 posts, read 62,844,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
When I was driving airboats, a guest on my boat, while we were still at the dock getting ready to go, was complaining to me about how hot it was, as if I was in control of it, and was making it dreadful on purpose.

I kept it light, because I know heat makes people upset, so I said: "Why do you think the flights to Miami are cheaper this time of year?"

It clicked. Everyone in that boat immediately understood.

Thankfully, we didn't have many problems there, and a huge part of that was because of the boss. He didn't put up with bad tourists. One time, a mad tourist was in the store, got mad at something trivial - I think he felt he wasn't attended to in a timely fashion. It was hot, tempers rise, and he slammed either his drinks or his fists on the base of the cash register. He broke the cash register. The boss took his card and made him pay for it, right then and there.

When some idiots tried to steal the tips from one of the workers, a couple of employees put the guys on the ground. One of the employees always carried. While they had the guys on the ground, they asked the boss if they should shoot them or wait for the police. The boss said, 'Just shoot them.' Scared the crap out of those guys on the ground, and they began apologizing profusely. (Obviously they weren't going to actually shoot them, but that gives you an idea of what my old boss was like.) NO politically correct anything from the boss. I respected him a lot.

If more owners, managers, supervisors, CEOs, etc would stop with the PC horse crap, you could diminish many of these issues, immediately.
The last sentence sums up how I feel. I think the only way those idiots brawling at Disney World would have been stopped is through tear gas and mass arrests. They were being violent, and therefore, needed to be dealt with violently. Violence is obviously all those individuals involved understand. Same goes for any brawl anywhere. I don't care if it's at the bar, at the amusement park, or at some street parties. Sometimes the only way to deal with violent people is through violence.

Old 07-23-2022, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
When I was a young cop in the ghetto I was told by an old timer 95% of the people here are good people that just want to be safe and provide for their families. It was true then and it is true now. Honestly it's the 5% that act like savages that cause all the negative stereotypes. BTW there are whites and white trash. There are blacks and black ghetto trash. It is what it is.
And that 5% are the types of individuals who listen to nobody. They don't care about anyone, not the people they live around, sometimes not even family members.

I've seen enough Black ghetto trash to understand that those individuals aren't even going to listen to fellow Blacks. The ghetto/hood rat subculture is basically a world unto itself. They get the most attention, and don't really care how it affects anyone else.

I've also said this over and over: Follow the money. I think about thug culture and how it's been commoditized. I mentioned this in another thread. In pop culture, being a thug sells.

Old 07-23-2022, 08:13 AM

5,867 posts, read 3,314,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
And that 5% are the types of individuals who listen to nobody. They don't care about anyone, not the people they live around, sometimes not even family members.

I've seen enough Black ghetto trash to understand that those individuals aren't even going to listen to fellow Blacks. The ghetto/hood rat subculture is basically a world unto itself. They get the most attention, and don't really care how it affects anyone else.

I've also said this over and over: Follow the money. I think about thug culture and how it's been commoditized. I mentioned this in another thread. In pop culture, being a thug sells.
You and I agree.

Old 07-23-2022, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
You and I agree.
It is common sense that most people aren't out there breaking the law. When we have events like the Disney World brawl, it does make you wonder what kind of persons they have been, where they live, etc.

Old 07-23-2022, 08:17 AM

27,389 posts, read 13,626,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
First Chuckie Cheese, then Knotts Berry Farm now Disney World

Is nothing sacred, LOL

https://www.fox35orlando.com/news/di...s-tells-fox-35
Is this part of the new Hood-Land and Ghetto ride attraction.

You sholld be okay as you keep your distance and don't feed them.

Old 07-23-2022, 08:17 AM

14,491 posts, read 11,317,902 times
Quote:

Is nothing sacred, LOL

BIPOCs gonna bipoc!

Old 07-23-2022, 08:20 AM

2,365 posts, read 982,623 times
Quote:

Is nothing sacred, LOL

Meh, no one even yelled world star.

Old 07-23-2022, 08:50 AM

I haven't been to an amusement park in years. As a kid I thought "man I would like to go to Disney World". As an adult, I could care less. I've been to Six Flags Over Georgia and Six Flags Magic Mountain. I think the older I've gotten, the less patience I have.

The fights at these parks, I think about this. I struggle to understand why amusement parks and entertainment centers (like Chuck E. Cheese) have become the preferred places to get into brawls. When I see fights break out at McDonalds, The Dollar Store, or Wal-Mart, I expect it. Amusement parks, family-friendly places, I have sometimes struggled with why. It does tell me this. I notice that in very crowded area, the potential for violence will go up. It goes up even more when the weather is quite hot.

Personally, I understand that if I spent some time at an amusement park, my patience will get tried. Large crowds, having to walk through those crowds, the long lines, everything being incredibly expensive. I live in an apartment, so being in a densely populated area shouldn't bother me. However, there is a difference between being in an apartment (or a duplex) and dealing with crowds in an amusement park. And in the summer, it gets ugly for me. Unmanageable crowds and very hot weather get to me alot. One reason I don't know if I could do Disney World, especially in the summer. I'd rather spent winter in Minnesota than spend summer in Florida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies