Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2022, 10:09 PM

73,176 posts, read 63,013,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
I think it's just florida....
Knotts Berry Farm is in California. Buena Park specifically.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2022, 10:26 PM

8,517 posts, read 3,784,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Because we're seeing more and more of family brawls at so-called "family friendly" amusements.

You tube is chock full of these videos.

Why is this happening when years ago it was quite rare to read about this.

Something has changed and I don't know what.
Simple answer to that question. The standard of living has increased. Capitalism is undefeated. Corps decided a long time ago that in order to grow they must figure out a way to market to lower class people as well. They do not save money and will spend it all on consumer items. Disney is no exception. It's no longer cost prohibitive. When I was i child my parents couldn't afford Disney and they were middle class. I watched other kids who were upper middle class go to Disney every winter break. Now anyone can go and you are seeing the results. Only way to avoid it is to pay the price for higher end entertainment and even that prob won't work.

Old 07-22-2022, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Well, I have a question for you.

You are Black. It doesn't matter that you're the son of immigrants. If you're Black, you're going to be perceived and treated like a Black person. How do you take people complaining about Black people, and in some cases taking it out on you? What will you do in the situation where someone decides they want to single you out and treated you like a criminal because you are Black? How will you take it?

I'll admit it. I get angered when people want to go on and complain about Black people. This is what happens when you grow up dealing with racial hostility. You have a "don't take any crap from anyone" mentality.
Aka angry black man/woman stereotype. How about "don't take the bait". The image can't and won't change until middle class and upper middle class blacks stop making money off of the culture of failure aka black entertainment.

Old 07-22-2022, 10:35 PM

A poster asked "where did they get the money to fly". Well. It's called a job. Blue collar workers make money and have families. On a blue collar worksite it's not uncommon to see people curse each other out and fist fight. Then go back to work the next day like nothing happened. I have seen it with my own eyes. Jan 6th proves my point.

Old 07-22-2022, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The problem GM (and fyi I agree with you) is that the racist trolls that lurk around the internet are just a thing and they will always be around. Keep in mind that there are lots of non-white racists too.

That being said, this entire story was:
a) Local news only
b) posted to this obscure forum with definitely some racists attending (of the white variety, some of the other
races have been banned or yet to be)

But anymore to make national news for something like racism you in most cases need to be white. But to be fair, black males had their moment of media abuse back in the 90's (in particular, not that it doesn't go beyond that) where they were demonized....so now it's white karen's turn lol.
Believe me, I've seen someone non-White racists come and troll here on city-data.

I wouldn't have known much about this story if not for city-data. No one on Facebook was putting it up. I wasn't even thinking about it. I only heard of this story because of city-data. Where I live there was a shooting close to where high school football players were practicing. It was a shooting over a minor car accident. And it happened to be Black on Black. It made the local news.

It doesn't surprise me that this story might attract some anti-Black types. It has happened many times before.

I was a kid in the 1990s. I didn't watch the news that much. However, I do remember a few times seeing a Black man's mugshot on the television. I didn't think much of it at age 9 or 10. I didn't even know Los Angeles had riots (the LA riots took place when I was 6) when they happened. I found out about the riots in high school. In the 1990s, I remember 2 high-profile events involving White killers: The Olympic Park Bombing, and the Columbine High School shooting.

One of the last times I remember a Black man being on the national news for being violent, it was Chris Dorner being a mass shooter.

As for the fights at amusement parks, this is nothing new to me. 2011, Wisconsin State Fair at West Allis. A bunch a thugs showed up at the fair seeking to attack White people. 2011 was a weird year for the Milwaukee metropolitan area. Mayfair Mall riot. Mayhem in the Riverwest area.

Old 07-22-2022, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Aka angry black man/woman stereotype. How about "don't take the bait". The image can't and won't change until middle class and upper middle class blacks stop making money off of the culture of failure aka black entertainment.
I just get tired of people's crap. I know these were Black people fighting at amusement parks. I don't like it being used as a go-to for "see, this is why we don't associate with Black people". No, I'm not going to fight anyone. However, I will let people know how wrong they are. I look at racist individuals as if they are bullies. That is how I see such persons.

Something else. Which Black entertainment are you speaking of in particular? Is it rap music? Is it certain television shows? I have to ask because if it's rap music, the people making the most money from that aren't Black. Most Black middle class/upper middle class people aren't making money off of rap and thug culture. There are far more Black people making their living as engineers, attorneys, teachers, and doctors than in the entertainment industry or sports. I don't think Black people alone can change the image. Alot of non-Black people SPEND money on the products of thug culture. People put out there what sells.

Old 07-22-2022, 11:23 PM

24,940 posts, read 9,678,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Why is this even news?

Nobody knows why it transpired. Cops were called. It was done.
Why is it news that a public brawl among adults is breaking out at a kids theme park?

Because that doesn’t happen everyday.

And the cops can easily put out a warrant for an arrest, despite them, “dispersing before the cops arrive.” Just because you’re not there once the cops arrive, doesn’t mean you’re free to commit crime.

Old 07-22-2022, 11:38 PM

207 posts, read 156,702 times
Always Florida

Old 07-23-2022, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I just get tired of people's crap. I know these were Black people fighting at amusement parks. I don't like it being used as a go-to for "see, this is why we don't associate with Black people". No, I'm not going to fight anyone. However, I will let people know how wrong they are. I look at racist individuals as if they are bullies. That is how I see such persons.

Something else. Which Black entertainment are you speaking of in particular? Is it rap music? Is it certain television shows? I have to ask because if it's rap music, the people making the most money from that aren't Black. Most Black middle class/upper middle class people aren't making money off of rap and thug culture. There are far more Black people making their living as engineers, attorneys, teachers, and doctors than in the entertainment industry or sports. I don't think Black people alone can change the image. Alot of non-Black people SPEND money on the products of thug culture. People put out there what sells.
Yet that's NOT what people think of when they talk about black people. I know all of your stats are true. I get it. Everyone has to make a living right? When a gang member decided to create a YouTube video and it goes viral it's representing the culture. People decide what their image is going to be. Black people have to decide to control their image just like every other ethnic group does. Italians got tired of always being associated with the Mafia. In 2 generations they changed their whole image. JLO was in shoot outs with Puff Diddy and hip hop dancing . Now she is married to Ben Affleck. That's how you change your image. If the Latinos can do it why can't blacks? It's not organic. It's a group effort.

Old 07-23-2022, 12:06 AM

41,015 posts, read 18,351,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Massiveshibe View Post
Always Florida
Certainly not limited to Florida, but it is sad how tourists visit and can’t control themselves. Terrible example for children, especially at a family park.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies