Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2022, 01:19 PM

12,072 posts, read 5,963,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Let me get this straight, some ahole pistol whips and old man and he's still on the streets? How does that happen?

Anyway, it's entertaining to see him go all pusscake after calling out a much smaller Asian in the ring on video and get's called out for the world to see

Warning The vid of him beating on the old man might be too much to watch for some viewers.

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/news...225826213.html
Loved it - wish the fight could have continued - here's the guy he picked on:

The "smaller man" that Garland challenged was Terrance “Wrong Turn” Saeteurn, a pro MMA fighter ranked 132nd in the Pro Men’s Flyweight division in the U.S.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2022, 02:57 PM

14,733 posts, read 15,229,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Philosopher View Post
Seems strange that they mentioned the race of the victim but not the attacker. When black criminals are shot by white cops while they are committing their crimes they always mention the races.
How would you know if his race was mentioned or not if you didn't open the article and read the story, see the photo of him and the video of him in the ring?

If anyone has eyes in their head to see with then the guy's race didn't need to be mentioned. Look at the photo and the video and you can see for yourself what that big coward's race is.

Old 08-04-2022, 04:10 PM

8,505 posts, read 3,049,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
How would you know if his race was mentioned or not if you didn't open the article and read the story, see the photo of him and the video of him in the ring?

If anyone has eyes in their head to see with then the guy's race didn't need to be mentioned. Look at the photo and the video and you can see for yourself what that big coward's race is.

It’s my opinion that based on what he said he did look at the article. The race of the offender wasn’t mentioned which is often the case when the offender is black whether or not there is a pic or video.

Reread the question. Why wasn’t the race of the offender mentioned while the race of the victim was?

Answer: because media is sensitive to talking about race when the offender is black. If the offender were white they’d be loud and clear about it.

Has nothing to do with the video. Why mention the race of the Asian if there’s video of him?

Old 08-04-2022, 05:13 PM

14,090 posts, read 8,240,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
What a jerk. If that was him that beat up the elderly Asian man at gunpoint why isn't he in Jail? The shear size of him and he needs a gun to beat people up?

On the flip it was great to see him get beat up by the smaller guy. If I was the gym owner of the fighter I would have been very careful leaving that gym that night because the Thug is the type that would lay in wait, shoot you, steal your wallet and leave you for dead.

I agree. Anyone who knows the man and saw the video is laughing and telling friends.

The brotha needs to keep it street with a bit of payback if he wants to show his face in the hood again.

Old 08-04-2022, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Let me get this straight, some ahole pistol whips and old man and he's still on the streets? How does that happen?

Anyway, it's entertaining to see him go all pusscake after calling out a much smaller Asian in the ring on video and get's called out for the world to see

Warning The vid of him beating on the old man might be too much to watch for some viewers.

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/news...225826213.html

A sign of the times. I too find it amazing that someone could commit armed robbery and assault and still be walking the streets.

Old 08-04-2022, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
It’s my opinion that based on what he said he did look at the article. The race of the offender wasn’t mentioned which is often the case when the offender is black whether or not there is a pic or video.

Reread the question. Why wasn’t the race of the offender mentioned while the race of the victim was?

Answer: because media is sensitive to talking about race when the offender is black.
If the offender were white they’d be loud and clear about it.

Has nothing to do with the video. Why mention the race of the Asian if there’s video of him?

Maybe ten years back when I was visiting my mother in San Francisco. She lived across the street from San Francisco State University at that time. Notices had been posted around the campus waring of assaults that had taken place during the evening. I went to the campus security office and asked for more details but they wouldn't mention the race of the assailant. I was told race wasn't relevant. So I asked if race wasn't relevant why then did the notices in the parking area warning of car theft mention Asian suspects?

The officer couldn't and wouldn't answer me.

Old 08-04-2022, 05:32 PM

29,559 posts, read 22,915,752 times
I'm actually disappointed the smaller opponent didn't continue pressing the fight. The thug wasn't beaten up at all, he just had trouble trying to beat down someone that's not asian and 70 years old.

True karma and justice would have had the smaller guy continuing the fight until he wore the thug down then knocking him out. And someone filming him sprawled on the floor, "you got knocked the....."

This was just an overall weak response by the gym.

Old 08-04-2022, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I'm actually disappointed the smaller opponent didn't continue pressing the fight. The thug wasn't beaten up at all, he just had trouble trying to beat down someone that's not asian and 70 years old.

True karma and justice would have had the smaller guy continuing the fight until he wore the thug down then knocking him out. And someone filming him sprawled on the floor, "you got knocked the....."

The thug clearly backed off which ended the fight. If the owner of the gym pressed his opponent to continue his attack he might have been held libel if the thug was hurt.

Yes, the thug signed a waver but he also signaled he wanted the fight to stop. The thug humiliated himself and the owner did the right thing by then tossing him out.

Last edited by john3232; 08-04-2022 at 05:56 PM..

Old 08-04-2022, 08:07 PM

8,505 posts, read 3,049,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
Maybe ten years back when I was visiting my mother in San Francisco. She lived across the street from San Francisco State University at that time. Notices had been posted around the campus waring of assaults that had taken place during the evening. I went to the campus security office and asked for more details but they wouldn't mention the race of the assailant. I was told race wasn't relevant. So I asked if race wasn't relevant why then did the notices in the parking area warning of car theft mention Asian suspects?

The officer couldn't and wouldn't answer me.
Bingo. His answer or lack thereof speaks for itself. That double standard clearly defines how racist and dangerous that is.

When you have a suspect, describe that suspect. Don’t be a coward and a racist. People need to be protected.

Old 08-04-2022, 08:47 PM

11,194 posts, read 10,779,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
The thug clearly backed off which ended the fight. If the owner of the gym pressed his opponent to continue his attack he might have been held libel if the thug was hurt.

Yes, the thug signed a waver but he also signaled he wanted the fight to stop. The thug humiliated himself and the owner did the right thing by then tossing him out.
I agree that the opponent did the right thing by stopping when the thug waved out, but when I see “humbled...in viral fight video,” I’m expecting a fast and serious fight where the much smaller opponent lays him out before he even thinks of calling for a time out. A more appropriate description would be that he embarrassed himself against what he thought would be an easy opponent. I don’t think he was humbled at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies