Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2022, 10:41 AM

16,130 posts, read 10,801,858 times

Advertisements

The whole idea of restricting travel is icing on the cake — showing how ridiculous state legislatures can be in chasing the one-trick-pony of anti-abortion laws. It is simply pandering to the feeble minded right to lifers and not enforceable. It is probably unconstitutional.

Old 08-05-2022, 10:43 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,023,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freesponge View Post
If you Leave a red state you are not in their jurisdiction you are subject to other state and Federal laws

But If there’s solid evidence that a person is planning to abort their baby and then fleeing the state then “attempt to commit a crime” might fall in the red state’s jurisdiction or not? If they were caught driving out with abortion papers and pulled over before leaving the state?
Wait, you think it should be illegal to travel across state lines due to such a thing? Wow, I don't think I want to live in a US that you live in. I believe in freedoms and that includes going across state lines to get an abortion. Now if you are a felon and fleeing, that is a different story of course.

NO STRONG ARM type of government/police for these kind of things, thanks.

Old 08-05-2022, 10:47 AM

36,634 posts, read 30,953,043 times
Quote:
If you Leave a red state you are not in their jurisdiction you are subject to other state and Federal laws

But If there’s solid evidence that a person is planning to abort their baby and then fleeing the state then “attempt to commit a crime” might fall in the red state’s jurisdiction or not? If they were caught driving out with abortion papers and pulled over before leaving the state?
As far as I know having an abortion is not a crime.
You cant arrest someone for traveling out of state.

I live not far from the TN/KY state line. Several years ago it was not legal to buy lottery tickets in TN and much of KY was dry so you could not buy alcohol. There is a HWY running on the state line. One side of the road is KY, the other side TN. There was a bar on the TN side and a market selling lottery tickets on the other. You wouldn't believe the traffic going back and forth between the establishments.
Should it have been illegal for people to travel back and forth across the state line to engage in something banned in their home state.

Old 08-05-2022, 10:47 AM

26,009 posts, read 22,198,629 times
Since it is not a federal issue, there should be no problem (legally) for a mother-to-be to cross the border, and have the life of her unborn baby terminated. That should ease the minds of some here.

All this amounts to the liberals and other abortion supporters trying to scare people into supporting abortion, and nothing more. And, despite the fact that liberals and other abortion supporters claim that if you keep a schedule of your periods/fertility/etc., that you could be punished if it looks like you might have had an abortion, that isn't going to happen either. Do these people stay up at night dreaming this stuff up?

Old 08-05-2022, 10:51 AM

35,769 posts, read 21,126,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
LOL to be sure. Checkmate? Hardly. Queen to queen level 3. Some people argue the 2A on the grounds of resistance to government coup. I'm not one of them. Even so that intent IS in the 2A should it be needed. And I'm more woried about the progressive left Democrat leadership pulling that. All on the basis of making people afraid that's what conservative leadership would do. Here's a thought. If conservative leadership DID try that what's the left going to do about it?

Maybe procure weapons? Make Molotov cocktails and swarm en masse down city streets burning looting and killing? Sound familiar? Queen to king level 2. There was not even a check move there let alone a check mate.
We shall have to leave the radicals out. The looters, the mass shooters and so forth. As terrible and detrimental they can be, they are small in number in the big picture. The bigger picture are people like me who are angry, but will use the power of the tongue and the vote.
This is about laws and reactions or responses to those laws. However - it was noted that 1/4 of Repubs thought we would end up with a civil war or that violence would be a deciding factor. Gun sales are up and whose buying ?

The level of distrust among Republicans evident in the survey was such that about 8 in 10 said the current political system is "stacked against conservatives and people with traditional values." A majority agreed with the statement: "The traditional American way of life is disappearing so fast that we may have to use force to save it."

https://www.npr.org/2021/02/11/96649...may-be-necessa

Old 08-05-2022, 11:01 AM

39,288 posts, read 27,677,316 times
As a Christian conservative who always vote republican, I say no. Let them do what they have to do.

This said, women who need or want to get an abortion will get it anyway, so they should be given a safe environment to do so.

Old 08-05-2022, 11:03 AM

21,981 posts, read 9,562,060 times
Quote:

No, I don't think so. I say go to Illinois, the Land of Abortion, if you want to.

Old 08-05-2022, 11:04 AM

39,288 posts, read 27,677,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Lol - so that’s why so many Right wingers need their long, fat guns? Lol. Whose afraid of the boogeyman ? Check mate.
So you post off topic messages just to make yourself feel better?

Old 08-05-2022, 11:19 AM

6,794 posts, read 5,673,410 times
Just no!

Old 08-05-2022, 11:45 AM

22,387 posts, read 29,507,923 times
No. Mind your own business!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies