Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2022, 09:55 AM

11,521 posts, read 6,027,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
That's great, kids are kids. The issue is schools are allowing it. What next , the workplace ?
I see the issue as one of degrading truth and reality and logic.

Kids play pretend. It is fun and good for their imagination. Good parent encourage children to play make believe. There is no problem letting children pretend to be a dog or a cat, but they insure children know it is just make believe.

These woke modern teachers are teaching that children are not real boys and girls, but are free to make a random choice as to being something other than actual little boys or actual little girls. It began with letting little boys decide they should be little girls and vice versa. Too complicated for the children, the children have now decided on someting else they like and can more relate to.

That muddles reality and sets some children up for future mental illness. Maybe not widespread, but for some.

Some chidren just know it is pretend and some chidren have responsible parents who will make sure theiri children know it is just pretend, but their will be some slower or more impressionable children who will have the seeds of confusion planted in them, that will cause serious problems later on.

It is sad. It is wrong.

Last edited by Igor Blevin; 08-05-2022 at 10:06 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2022, 09:57 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,463,408 times
When I was in grade school, my mom directed a little musical and play "Peter and the Wolf." My mom had some training in ballet and enjoyed plays.

The animal characters in Peter and the Wolf, were "Sasha" the songbird, "Sonia" the duck, and "Ivan" the cat. I remember my friend Elizabeth played Sasha. I begged mom to let me be Ivan.

We practiced and danced and sang to our characters and would talk during the day that these were really who we were. I loved being Ivan. It was one of the coolest things my mom ever did.

Kids have active imaginations and are very impressionable. I know I was that way.

Old 08-05-2022, 10:04 AM

29,511 posts, read 14,679,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
I see the issue as one of degrading truth and reality and logic.

Kids play pretend. It is fun and good for their imagination. Good parent encourage children to play make believe. There is no problem letting children pretend to be a dog or a cat, but they insure children know it is just make believe.

These woke modern teachers are teaching that children are not real boys and girls, but are free to make a random choice as to being something other than actual little boys or actual little girls. It began with letting little boys decide they should be little girls and vice versa. Too complicated for the children, they have now decided on someting else they can more relate to.

That muddles reality and sets some children up for future mental illness. Maybe not widespread, but for some.

Some chidren just know it is pretend and some chidren have responsible parents who will make sure theiri children know it is just pretend, but their will be some slower or more impressionable children who will have the seeds of confusion planted in them, that will cause serious problems later on.

It is sad. It is wrong.
I completely agree.

Old 08-05-2022, 10:17 AM

6,048 posts, read 2,856,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
My son did that. He kenneled up just like the dog, ate from a bowl, etc. It lasted about 3-4 days then he went on to be something else. IIRC, he wanted to be a girl for awhile. His sisters tried to style his hair like a girl.

He is full grown with a wonderful wife, good steady job, a paid off house and the top prize in his field. He saw no reason to attend college. He has more assets than mom and dad.

People are getting all twisted out of shape over normal development issues.
I bet your son's teacher did not encourage it, though. If your son was growing up and in school today, he would have been encouraged to become a "transgender" do-nothing. He would be no where near as successful as he sounds...

I cannot believe that you do not see the difference...

Old 08-05-2022, 10:28 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,780,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
That's great, kids are kids. The issue is schools are allowing it. What next , the workplace ?
According to Reuter fact checkers, stories of schools accommodating children who iD as animals have been circulating online for more than a decade. It found no truth to such accommodations.

Anyone, anywhere, can post anything to TikTok and other media. It does not make it true or for that matter false.

Opinion hosts have staffs that scour online media looking for the weird and then report it as evidence of the decline of society.

https://www.reuters.com/article/fact...-idUSL1N2YN1O2

Old 08-05-2022, 10:31 AM

17,815 posts, read 13,719,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
According to Reuter fact checkers, stories of schools accommodating children who iD as animals have been circulating online for more than a decade. It found no truth to such accommodations.

Anyone, anywhere, can post anything to TikTok and other media. It does not make it true or for that matter false.

Opinion hosts have staffs that scour online media looking for the weird and then report it as evidence of the decline of society.

Yes, there is a whole bunch of articles debunking this nonsense as being "a thing" in schools.

I don't know exactly what Jesus thinks of spreading disinformation...

But I don't think he likes it.

Old 08-05-2022, 10:41 AM

61,768 posts, read 87,244,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Children are now identifying as animals, and teachers are not allowed (or promoting?) to question it as its "identified" as a ***** sexuality.

The Daily Wire reports:
https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRUyaxtm/?k=1
https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRUys2hg/?k=1
https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRUyydRQ/?k=1
TikTok news ..

Old 08-05-2022, 10:48 AM

8,246 posts, read 3,500,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_33 View Post
You could just claim you have some random mood disorder and live on SSI. Not exactly the high life, but doable, if you really dislike work.
Only if you get approved. It's hard to get approved, even for people who are obviously not able to be gainfully employed.

Old 08-05-2022, 10:53 AM

39,082 posts, read 51,266,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Yes, there is a whole bunch of articles debunking this nonsense as being "a thing" in schools.

I don't know exactly what Jesus thinks of spreading disinformation...

But I don't think he likes it.
Right wingers identify as gullible morons. There is nothing to it.

Old 08-05-2022, 10:58 AM

29,511 posts, read 14,679,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post

Fair enough. We allow men to say they are women, and compete against them in sports, and people accept it so, allowing this wouldn't seem to far out of the scope of things that we see in today's society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies