Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2022, 10:52 AM

7,817 posts, read 2,901,623 times

Advertisements

Let's put it this way.

When you've gone so far authoritarian that you've now got this guy on your side:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ro8rkZ4HQZQ

You might be on the wrong side of history.

Cheney is everything he claims of Trump.

After 8 years of the former, and 4 years of the latter - there simply is no doubt.

Only those who hide their heads in the sand while cranking up the CNN are still fooled.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2022, 10:54 AM

16,091 posts, read 10,753,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
Optimism isn't much of a thing on here is it?

Ah well
The cited article is fantastic….

Definition of “fantastic”
fan·tas·tic
/fanˈtastik/

adjective

2. imaginative or fanciful; remote from reality.

OP’s word, not mine.
Slow day in fantasy land?
These posts are simply desperate attention getting efforts.

Old 08-05-2022, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
The cited article is fantastic….

Definition of “fantastic”
fan·tas·tic
/fanˈtastik/

adjective

2. imaginative or fanciful; remote from reality.

OP’s word, not mine.
Slow day in fantasy land?
These posts are simply desperate attention getting efforts.

I didn't write the article

But it is genuinely inspiring, and right on the money.

Otherwise, why would the Left be writing articles like this:

Trump Is Planning a Much More Respectable Coup Next Time

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...-doctrine.html

‘Terrifying for American democracy’: is Trump planning for a 2024 coup?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...up-republicans

Trump’s Next Coup Has Already Begun

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...ection/620843/

Oh yeah, the Left isn't worried about a MAGA resurgence at all.

Not whatsoever.

Old 08-05-2022, 11:15 AM

962 posts, read 541,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
President of Hungary have a great speech on this at CPAC the other day. Highly recommend everyone watch it.
He said, "a Christian politician cannot be racist".

Do you agree with that?

Old 08-05-2022, 11:21 AM

4,562 posts, read 4,104,044 times
Quote:
Fantastic and concise editorial from Spectator Magazine.

Even so, here's less than half the article if you don't have a lot of reading time, I tried to choose wisely.

https://spectatorworld.com/topic/lif...ism-democrats/

I honestly agree with all of that. And it is all ultimately positive and hopeful, if you find yourself anywhere on the right side of the spectrum. (Maybe even center left?)

Freedom is, above all, the essence of America. And we should be striving for it, even if we fail; instead we have a gargantuan Federal govt. poking its nose into each facet of every citizen's existence. From cradle to grave they want to add more taxes, more stifling bureaucracy, and downgrade the quality of American life via the degradation of our freedom.

But the author contends that is all about to change - and we are entering a new political era as the present one approaches its dramatic climax.

For a touch of realism, I do recommend the conclusion of the article, however, where he alludes to the fact that Republicans are now going to be responsible for where our culture goes next - and they will need to learn that MAGA is the glue of the new coalition.

A return to the Republican party of yore, would be a devastating mistake.
There are no liberal or left policies.

They died under Bill Clinton and Bush. Obama and Biden left them for dead.

Neoliberalism/free markets are causing this country to decay. At least if you vote for the Republicans they give you a tiny tax cut that you can an extra $100 for a week or two before your landlord raises rent.

I wouldn’t call that the GOP ascendency. I’d call it the lights having a flicker or two before the Titanic sinks.

Old 08-05-2022, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
I wouldn’t call that the GOP ascendency. I’d call it the lights having a flicker or two before the Titanic sinks.

Only if the Establishment gets their way.

And if Arizona and Michigan Tuesday night were any indication, they won't.

Old 08-05-2022, 11:35 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,597,924 times
Not sure I would say the GOP is ascending as fast as the Dems are descending.

Center left and center right people will say the right things to keep their jobs but quietly turn away

A) from having the #430 ranked male swimmer go trans then destroy the college sports career of a biological female who worked her whole life to be the actual #1 female swimmer.
B) Having their son accused of sexual misconduct and kicked out of college without a trial.
C) Sending their children to drag queen story hours.
D) Continual rioting for months on end.
E) Biden gaff after gaff after gaff. Yeah we got a quieter adult as president... Who is senile.
etc

Have a Hispanic boss at my 2nd job. 2nd generation so no accent. Bilingual but better in English. I heard him talking to one of the supervisors who is 1st gen Hispanic. "What the [you know the word] is latinks? Dumb [bums] My family is Colombian not latinks.

Old 08-05-2022, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
I heard him talking to one of the supervisors who is 1st gen Hispanic. "What the [you know the word] is latinks? Dumb [bums] My family is Colombian not latinks.

This post should be revisited on November 9th.

The perfect eulogy for the Dems' hispanic support.

Even fake news polls are starting to show like 1 in 5 blacks supporting the GOP now - absolutely unheard of just a year or two ago.

Old 08-05-2022, 09:33 PM

32,071 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Let's put it this way.

When you've gone so far authoritarian that you've now got this guy on your side:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ro8rkZ4HQZQ

You might be on the wrong side of history.

Cheney is everything he claims of Trump.

After 8 years of the former, and 4 years of the latter - there simply is no doubt.

Only those who hide their heads in the sand while cranking up the CNN are still fooled.
Cheney has never been president. But republicans liked him and Bush enough to give them a second term. Not so much for Trump. No one hid their heads in the sand when voting Trump out. They knew exactly what they were doing.

Old 08-06-2022, 04:16 PM

1,884 posts, read 1,003,209 times
Quote:
So you must not vote Democrat then - because the current cabal of authoritarians clearly do not share your view.

I should also add there are plenty in the Left Wing media that seem to concur with this article at least being a distinct possibility.

That's why they are constantly talking about a "coup" and saying Trump is going to try to "steal" another election.

He is a direct threat to the Establishment.
I've said it many times, and I'll say it again. I'm not well-represented at all in this country. And corruption is independent of left or right. Sometimes the elites just suck particularly badly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies