Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2022, 11:48 AM

10,182 posts, read 20,819,219 times

Advertisements

No one cares about space exploration at the voting booth. They care about economy, jobs, inflation, crime, environment, abortion, race and identity, and policies that impact them directly on a day-to-day basis. This country is beyond reconciliation.

Old 09-14-2022, 12:02 PM

8,089 posts, read 10,118,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
We have enough government wasteful spending as it is, we don’t need to blow billions that we don’t have on a moon mission
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesclues5 View Post
Let's get it off the ground first.
It's embarrassing how we can't even build a spacecraft to make it off the launchpad 50+ years after allegedly putting men on the moon.
Really brings into question whether the moon landing was really a hoax.

https://www.npr.org/2022/09/04/11210...ys%20to%20come.
Of all the things which my Tax Dollars pay for (and i pay PLENTY), the space program is one of the most satisfying.

Not sure why a current delay in getting a rocket launched could be stretched into thinking that we never have been to the moon. But if that is your belief, so be it.

What irks me is that this current rocket is BILLIONS over budget, and YEARS behind schedule. Boeing, thank you. While private enterprise has launched (and landed) multiple missions with a good track record. On time, and under budget.

Why do we still continue to do business with Boeing when they have demonstrated an inability to be competitive?

As for unifying the Nation, as long as we have knuckle draggers who are swayed by Russian propaganda on their social media accounts, and Fox Entertainment to further incite their crazy beliefs, it is going to be hard to unify. Nobody intentionally wants to be that dumb, nor hang out with people who are.

Old 09-14-2022, 12:21 PM

2,365 posts, read 981,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
Of all the things which my Tax Dollars pay for (and i pay PLENTY), the space program is one of the most satisfying.

Not sure why a current delay in getting a rocket launched could be stretched into thinking that we never have been to the moon. But if that is your belief, so be it.

What irks me is that this current rocket is BILLIONS over budget, and YEARS behind schedule. Boeing, thank you. While private enterprise has launched (and landed) multiple missions with a good track record. On time, and under budget.

Why do we still continue to do business with Boeing when they have demonstrated an inability to be competitive?

As for unifying the Nation, as long as we have knuckle draggers who are swayed by Russian propaganda on their social media accounts, and Fox Entertainment to further incite their crazy beliefs, it is going to be hard to unify. Nobody intentionally wants to be that dumb, nor hang out with people who are.

Landing on the moon multiple times since the 60s means this should be a trivial task 50 years later. It should be faster, easier and cheaper. That's how technology progresses.
Yet we've lost all know-how to do this, literally. We conveniently "lost" all records of the designs, recordings, etc.

I challenge you to watch this and not come away skeptical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpuKu3F0BvY

Old 09-14-2022, 12:26 PM

26,033 posts, read 19,008,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Could a reborn NASA mission to the Moon & beyond bring us together?
No.

But it could, one day, allow those of us who believe in individual liberty to colonize a distant planet far away from the tyranny and hellscape of the left.

Old 09-14-2022, 12:27 PM

9,591 posts, read 9,894,438 times
Quote:

And certainly no one, not even the President of the US, really wants to unify. Just call names. ^^^

Old 09-14-2022, 12:32 PM

17,394 posts, read 12,341,105 times
Quote:
The country truly valuing education during the space race with Russia has a lot to do with how successful the country has been. The "problem" was those same educated people began to notice problems with the system and the Civil Rights Era took off as well as other movements for reform through the 60s. Those in power had to deal with the fallout of a highly educated society and didn't like the change that came with it.

Now, there's a lot of vilification of education and expertise.

Old 09-14-2022, 12:34 PM

22,681 posts, read 24,687,721 times
9-11, hyper-jingoism and fake unity.

Going back to the moon, same thing.

Old 09-14-2022, 12:39 PM

779 posts, read 427,126 times
Yes. If they sent Biden to the moon I do think it could really do wonders for the morale and outlook of the country.

Old 09-14-2022, 12:43 PM

23,634 posts, read 17,312,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
I just watched Appollo 13 again, and remembered the great patriotism, and feeling of unity we all had during that mission.

I think this could help us heal as a nation.
NEVER!

A free press, shining light on the shadows of a corrupt government would help

Old 09-14-2022, 12:44 PM

24,632 posts, read 17,368,129 times
It would be wonderful if such a thing as a mission to the moon would unite us but right now I'm sure there has been lengthy discussions about what flag if any should be placed on the moon if we landed. I'm sure there are some that are opposed to the American Flag as there are some that might suggest a rainbow flag. Still there may be some that would want a world flag to be designed and planted.

The other day was the anniversary of 9/11 and sadly I think it would take another attack like that to unite us but would that even do it today? We could have terrorists walking across the Open Border right now with a dirty bomb that Iran gave them and they could march it to Times Square, set it off, killing everyone that is present and irradiating the area for the next 100 years and there are some that would tell us that WE Deserved it.

With the way the Democrats have been working 24/7 to divide us I just don't see a way for us ever to be together again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies