Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2023, 04:06 PM

34,259 posts, read 17,336,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
My primary reason for liking DeSantis is different than most.

DeSantis has a smart "gut check" A president is going to have to make decisions with only partial information and go with his gut.

DeSantis was correct on Covid for example.

Old 01-05-2023, 04:41 PM

3,510 posts, read 2,808,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Problem is, the non-insane leadership and success of that state will make it more and more popular, leading to it becoming just another overcrowded place, leading to all the problems related
to its popularity.
That's deffintly his plan. DeSantis wants as many people as possible to move to Florida so that way it'll sink under the weight of all of the new arrivals and turn into a cesshole.

DeSantis is so desperate for people to move to Florida that it's laughable. This makes me more convince then ever that DeSantis is in the pockets of the Globalist and Deep State. The Globalist must be salivating so much over DeSantis that they have puddles in front of them.

Old 01-05-2023, 06:54 PM

26,302 posts, read 13,222,446 times
I don't think anyone is moving to Florida because of DeSantis, but some are moving here due to his policies of minimal gov't interference in people's lives, & in commerce. Also protection of children from leftist extremism beng pushed by teachers unions, Disney, & other psycho sicko's.

Low cost of living and taxes are a draw too, but DeSantis didnt' build that, but he is perpetuating it.

Some moved here to escape the over-the-top C-19 restrictions placed upon their families, & closing down schools for so long.

Its not that DeSantis is some miracle worker, but when you compare him, & his accomplishments side by side to Cuomo, Newsom, & Biden, the contrast is stark.

DeSantis gives Florida residents the feeling that he is looking out for their best interests, & not his own.

No poster has put forth 1 name of a potential '24 Presidential candidate who is better qualified than DeSantis, so my OP stands unchallenged. C'mon Libs, bring some names to the mix.

Old 01-07-2023, 12:47 AM

52,455 posts, read 53,011,596 times
I worry about him getting corrupted at the Fed level.

Old 01-07-2023, 07:56 AM

2,559 posts, read 1,896,950 times
It's too bad he hasn't criminalized abortion in Florida like other states have.

Old 01-07-2023, 09:09 AM

15,167 posts, read 12,334,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
That's ridiculous. In South Carolina many of the same policies exist....our guy is just a bit of and old boy and he doesn't stand in front of a camera and make national news.
Well, that's nice to know there are other leaders out there with the leadership and common sense that's shown by DeSantis.

Does your guy get the bashing that DeSantis gets from the left?

Old 01-07-2023, 09:20 AM

15,167 posts, read 12,334,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionInOcala View Post
Mutilating children, creating energy insecurity, turning lose violent felons in search of fresh victims, repackaging racism for a fresh run, and claiming that eating bugs will help to control the weather plays well to the "educated" and "enlightened," on the other hand. I'm not a huge fan of DeSantis, but I'll accept him and the label of dullard in exchange for being rid of the current administrative train wreck every day of the week ending in the letter, 'y.'
I'd consider the source for that "dullard" label, and LMAO before I tossed it right where it belonged, in the trash. Or maybe flushed.

Old 01-07-2023, 09:54 AM

26,302 posts, read 13,222,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Nope. I only observed that there are some people who seem to be trading one hero for another. We should not be hero-worshipping any politicians.

That said, I have read enough about DeSantis' shenanigans in the recent past that I don't consider him to be a serious candidate. He has been pulling stunts solely for their shock value. I have already discounted him because of that.
...and you still can't come up with ANY potential 2024 Prez candidates that have better qualifications than DeSantis. Strike 3 you're out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies