Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2023, 01:57 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,450,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
They canned their Woke CEO and Gov't Relations guy, so I disagree. Iger isn't woke.
I don't think you have the guys number lol.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/31/media...gay/index.html

Old 02-17-2023, 09:49 PM

1,929 posts, read 560,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
If not for customer loss in India, Disney gained 1.4 million subscribers in the 4th quarter.

I’ve asked this before but never gotten an answer.

What does subscriber loss in India have to do with being “woke”?
4th quarter was not good for Disney.
"company lose $1.5 billion dollars in Q4. The price of Disney stock has fallen by over 30 percent since Chapek took over as CEO." (2 year period)

"Iger famously prioritized the creative side of the job, cultivating warm working relationships with many of the biggest names in Hollywood. Chapek employed a more data driven and confrontational approach, famously clashing with Scarlett Johansson over her “Black Widow” contract and with his own employees about the company’s political activity in Florida."
https://www.indiewire.com/2022/11/bo...ut-1234784408/

Old 02-18-2023, 05:02 AM

59,185 posts, read 27,371,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
The channel that shows The 700 Club every night, all night?

From reading posts in this forum? Heck, yeah, they do.
"Quote:
Do conservatives really have that crappy out lives that they gave to get their enjoyment from watching businesses fail?"

It is LIBERALS who despise businesses, NOT conservatives.

Old 02-18-2023, 05:05 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,832,222 times
Disney is not worth defending. The push should be towards encouraging Disney to return to it's roots. It's a valued American iconic brand and they're throwing their pearls to the pigs.

Old 02-18-2023, 04:29 PM

50,882 posts, read 36,563,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
The degree of wokness is direct equal to the monetary loss of the corporation. I would love Disney to 'turn it around' and get back to it's entertainment roots... that remains to be seen. The theme parks are bright spots, but Disney has bigger corporate issues to deal with.

The degree of wokeness has not one thing to do with the degree of monetary loss in this case. As I have shown before here, with links. I keep asking your side for any shred of evidence that these streaming subscribers left due to Disney's supposed wokeness, but have yet to see anything to contradict what the business journals say is the reason.

The subscribers who left weren't even in this country, they were in India. And their streaming services grew until the last quarter of 2022, which is when they lost the subscribers. If it were due to wokeness, they would have lost them after the DeSantis controversy, but that was almost a year ago (10 months). So what sense does your argument even make?

Per this article, Disney's streaming service Hotstar, which is a streaming platform in India and southeast Asia, lost the rights to stream Indian Premier League cricket matches. When they got the rights in 2019, they gained 4 million subscribers. When they lost them, the subscribers left.

So I will request again, for anyone to post evidence of any kind that Disney lost subscribers due to woke policy. I already know none is forthcoming though, because the OP made the headline up out of wishful thinking.

https://screenrant.com/disney-plus-l...-price-issues/

Old 02-19-2023, 06:07 AM

59,185 posts, read 27,371,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Disney is not worth defending. The push should be towards encouraging Disney to return to it's roots. It's a valued American iconic brand and they're throwing their pearls to the pigs.
Walt and his brother are turning over and over in theorize graves!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies