Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2023, 06:57 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,867,540 times
Looks like Woke Kaiser Permanente based in Oakland would have gone broke this year if not for big government bailouts.

I remember walking by a Kaiser Permanente clinic and I thought it was a homeless health care clinic because of the massive line.

One has to question the sanity of anyone who would have anything to do with Kaiser Permanente Investment scheme that masquerades as a health care provider

I wonder if California and Massachusetts residents will have to pay a tremendous amount for commercial health insurance coverage because they have so much woke investment schemes that masquerade as health care systems that are losing so much money with their gambling and paying doctors and nurses more in one hour than many countries pay per month.

Seems like the combination of high nurses, high doctor wages and 3.2 billion in gambling loses caused a big loss for Kaiser Permanente.

Kaiser Permanente seems more like a hedge-fund or investment scheme though that runs some hospitals on the side.

Seems like Woke Massachusetts General Brigham hospital also lost 2.3 billion dollars.

https://www.fiercehealthcare.com/pro...er-financially

https://www.fiercehealthcare.com/pro...on%20in%202021.

https://www.beckershospitalreview.co...headwinds.html

https://www.modernhealthcare.com/fin...abor-tom-meier

Last edited by lovecrowds; 02-25-2023 at 07:09 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2023, 08:28 PM

7,375 posts, read 3,834,249 times
Some people actually like Kaiser (no one here calls it Kaiser Permanente.) I've known many people over the years who have had Kaiser and they say it's a lot better then it used to be. Lots of govt. employees have it. My wife had it when she worked for the City of Palo Alto; her cousin has it as a therapist at our county hospital. I think all the county employees here have it.

The homeless and illegal aliens go to the county health system; the county health system employees use Kaiser.

It seems to be a pretty good system.

Old 02-25-2023, 08:40 PM

4,395 posts, read 1,703,422 times
I have Kaiser. It is easily the least expensive option at work (I have $0 premiums), and everything I need is on site. I have no major complaints.

Old 02-25-2023, 11:02 PM

7,375 posts, read 3,834,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
I have Kaiser. It is easily the least expensive option at work (I have $0 premiums), and everything I need is on site. I have no major complaints.
You know it started out as the in-house health plan (first in the nation I think) for the employees at Kaiser Steel in Fontana.

Old 02-26-2023, 07:30 AM

9,511 posts, read 9,096,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Looks like Woke Kaiser Permanente based in Oakland would have gone broke this year if not for big government bailouts.

I remember walking by a Kaiser Permanente clinic and I thought it was a homeless health care clinic because of the massive line.

One has to question the sanity of anyone who would have anything to do with Kaiser Permanente Investment scheme that masquerades as a health care provider

I wonder if California and Massachusetts residents will have to pay a tremendous amount for commercial health insurance coverage because they have so much woke investment schemes that masquerade as health care systems that are losing so much money with their gambling and paying doctors and nurses more in one hour than many countries pay per month.

Seems like the combination of high nurses, high doctor wages and 3.2 billion in gambling loses caused a big loss for Kaiser Permanente.

Kaiser Permanente seems more like a hedge-fund or investment scheme though that runs some hospitals on the side.

Seems like Woke Massachusetts General Brigham hospital also lost 2.3 billion dollars.

https://www.fiercehealthcare.com/pro...er-financially

https://www.fiercehealthcare.com/pro...on%20in%202021.

https://www.beckershospitalreview.co...headwinds.html

https://www.modernhealthcare.com/fin...abor-tom-meier
Thanks for posting those links. Lots of reading to better understand Kaiser.

And the favorite, Kaiser Familiy Foundation, which is the leftist “non profit†lobbyist club.

Old 02-26-2023, 07:39 AM

1,579 posts, read 951,280 times
I have Kaiser too, but it's only because it's the only option for health insurance where I work. I don't have any issues with the staff, nurses, doctors, etc. I've always gotten good care. But it's nearly impossible to get an appointment anymore and the facilities are few and far between. Dissatisfaction with my health insurance is not high on the list, but is one of the many reasons I am currently job hunting.

Old 02-26-2023, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattja View Post
You know it started out as the in-house health plan (first in the nation I think) for the employees at Kaiser Steel in Fontana.
No, actually I did not know that. Interesting.

Old 02-26-2023, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkingLiberty1919D View Post
I have Kaiser too, but it's only because it's the only option for health insurance where I work. I don't have any issues with the staff, nurses, doctors, etc. I've always gotten good care. But it's nearly impossible to get an appointment anymore and the facilities are few and far between. Dissatisfaction with my health insurance is not high on the list, but is one of the many reasons I am currently job hunting.
The appointments have gotten a little crazy, but I can usually get in pretty easily, as long as I make the appt. by phone i stead of online.

Old 02-26-2023, 07:54 AM

1,579 posts, read 951,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
The appointments have gotten a little crazy, but I can usually get in pretty easily, as long as I make the appt. by phone i stead of online.

I always try online, maybe that's my problem. Thanks for the tip!

Old 02-26-2023, 08:07 AM

5,946 posts, read 2,765,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattja View Post
Some people actually like Kaiser (no one here calls it Kaiser Permanente.) I've known many people over the years who have had Kaiser and they say it's a lot better then it used to be. Lots of govt. employees have it. My wife had it when she worked for the City of Palo Alto; her cousin has it as a therapist at our county hospital. I think all the county employees here have it.

The homeless and illegal aliens go to the county health system; the county health system employees use Kaiser.

It seems to be a pretty good system.
We call it Kaiser or "KP".
I've had Kaiser throughout the years. I was happy with them. One perk is everything is in house generally.

Ex: Your doctor is on one floor, then they send you down to radiology on another floor, then you stop by the pharmacy on the ground floor etc.

It's easy for references and scheduling and their customer service/tele doc has been a great experience.

Unfortunately I'm now on my wife's insurance and its not as streamlined.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies