Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2023, 05:57 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,242,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Meaning what ?....and please be specific.
By beating poor Hillary and pulling the rug out from her and those that had it being a sure win for her. I do love her term “Deplorables”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2023, 06:00 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,242,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Hurt the Country, he has cheated the Country , he has lied to and about the Country he should be in Jail for treason he has sold out the Country but please keep making up the poor poor trump lies
Keep making up allegations and unfounded claims because feelings, and lol at treason

Old 05-03-2023, 05:29 PM

13,702 posts, read 9,026,316 times
I don't see a thread about that New York civil lawsuit against him for rape and battery.

I will note this: I do not like Mr. Trump. However, I was against this lawsuit being allowed to proceed. The statute of limitations had expired, so the New York legislature helpfully amended the law so that such suits can be brought, well, anytime. It is not consistent with legal tradition.

However, that being said, Mr. Trump must deal with the reality of this lawsuit by Ms. Carroll.

Today, Mr. Trump's attorney announced that Mr. Trump would not provide a defense.

This is akin to forfeiture. It is not, but it is as close as you can get.

With no defense, with not even Mr. Trump on the stand saying "I deny all" (which would at least allow the jury to consider credibility of both parties), the jury will come back with a finding of liable, finding him civilly 'guilty' of rape and battery (guilty is not the correct word, but it will suffice). Indeed, the plaintiff will file a motion for summary judgment, and may well get it.

No doubt, Mr. Trump's attorney told him that they would win on appeal. Perhaps. The only real basis for an appeal, to me, is appealing that idiotic law by the legislature that grandfathered this suit in.

However, I doubt the New York Court of Appeals will consider it, and it is doubtful that a Federal judge will interfere with a law promulgated by a state legislature.

As for the subject at hand: the reports are that Mr. Smith, the special counsel or investigator, sat in during the grand jury examination of Mr. Pence. That alone will give Mr. Trump pause.

Old 05-04-2023, 05:44 AM

16,296 posts, read 10,440,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Lol at huge benefit of the doubt as you try to fit the narrative of him not knowing he had them when they were in his garage, lol.

He had them for years. Why didn’t he turn them all over sooner?
I love how you continue to completely ignore how Trump refused multiple requests to have the documents returned and had his lawyer sign an affidavit, which they knew was a lie, on his behalf stating all the docs had been returned. It's as if that never happened in your world. But it did happen. Biden never did this. Trump did.

That's all that needs to be said about that.

Old 05-04-2023, 05:54 AM

6,619 posts, read 5,019,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Despite the best efforts of the left and the RINOs, Trump is ahead of DeSantis in the polls by 46 points. 70% of Americans don’t want Biden to run again.
I keep hearing that, what do you think that means? i am 100% part of that 70% but it doesnt mean I wont vote for him over the GOP period, doesnt matter who they put up there. I am 3rd gen military, catholic, generally pro-life as a personal choice, in Latin America all my family who are involved in politics, and I had an aunt who was a president for a minute, she is minister, they are all Christian right but i would never align myself with American conservatism you guys poisoned the well traying to get the extreme under your tent. I dont like progressivism much either but I think its mostly wrong solutions and bad ideas about the correct generator functions.

Old 05-04-2023, 05:57 AM

37,176 posts, read 19,251,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I love how you continue to completely ignore how Trump refused multiple requests to have the documents returned and had his lawyer sign an affidavit, which they knew was a lie, on his behalf stating all the docs had been returned. It's as if that never happened in your world. But it did happen. Biden never did this. Trump did.

That's all that needs to be said about that.
Refusing to return the documents when requested is called “Obstruction of a Federal Investigation,” and it is a very real crime with very real consequences.

Pence testified Friday, and Jack Smith personally sat in on his testimony. Dan Scavino met with the Grand Jury Tuesday, but no ideas whether is was his first trip through or whether he was brought back in for follow up after Pence. Nobody’s heard from Meadows yet, but he will certainly be deposed as well.

Smith is getting very near the end. We should know the results of his investigation shortly, possibly within the next couple of weeks.

Old 05-04-2023, 06:00 AM

6,619 posts, read 5,019,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I don't see a thread about that New York civil lawsuit against him for rape and battery.

I will note this: I do not like Mr. Trump. However, I was against this lawsuit being allowed to proceed. The statute of limitations had expired, so the New York legislature helpfully amended the law so that such suits can be brought, well, anytime. It is not consistent with legal tradition.

However, that being said, Mr. Trump must deal with the reality of this lawsuit by Ms. Carroll.

Today, Mr. Trump's attorney announced that Mr. Trump would not provide a defense.

This is akin to forfeiture. It is not, but it is as close as you can get.

With no defense, with not even Mr. Trump on the stand saying "I deny all" (which would at least allow the jury to consider credibility of both parties), the jury will come back with a finding of liable, finding him civilly 'guilty' of rape and battery (guilty is not the correct word, but it will suffice). Indeed, the plaintiff will file a motion for summary judgment, and may well get it.

No doubt, Mr. Trump's attorney told him that they would win on appeal. Perhaps. The only real basis for an appeal, to me, is appealing that idiotic law by the legislature that grandfathered this suit in.

However, I doubt the New York Court of Appeals will consider it, and it is doubtful that a Federal judge will interfere with a law promulgated by a state legislature.

As for the subject at hand: the reports are that Mr. Smith, the special counsel or investigator, sat in during the grand jury examination of Mr. Pence. That alone will give Mr. Trump pause.
Strategically what does he stand to lose? Summary judgement aside which I am sure he can fundraise a surplus around this perceived injustice, you have a reputational hit, which the people that care think he did it and the people who think he is innocent think he is innocent regardless of the outcome.
The fact that the law was changed gives his martyrdom card lots of ammunition that he can monetize into currency and political capital, putting up a defense engaging with the victim can only be detrimental, this just makes it seem like he is above the political persecution.

Old 05-04-2023, 12:58 PM

22,356 posts, read 29,481,224 times
Oh well.

Old 05-04-2023, 01:14 PM

25,461 posts, read 9,833,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Refusing to return the documents when requested is called “Obstruction of a Federal Investigation,” and it is a very real crime with very real consequences.

Pence testified Friday, and Jack Smith personally sat in on his testimony. Dan Scavino met with the Grand Jury Tuesday, but no ideas whether is was his first trip through or whether he was brought back in for follow up after Pence. Nobody’s heard from Meadows yet, but he will certainly be deposed as well.

Smith is getting very near the end. We should know the results of his investigation shortly, possibly within the next couple of weeks.
I thought it was interesting that Smith sat in on this one. I think it's the first one he's attended.

Old 05-04-2023, 07:08 PM

37,176 posts, read 19,251,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I thought it was interesting that Smith sat in on this one. I think it's the first one he's attended.
Probably there to watch Pence's body language. Jack knows Pence is a snake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies