Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2023, 06:37 PM

37,229 posts, read 19,219,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
"They got him this time" and "He lives in your head". Those are great come back defenses. They should be sent to his attorneys so all these accusations would go away.
Trump has no other defense to offer them to use. Life is hard when you run out of facts.

Old 04-27-2023, 06:42 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Trump has no other defense to offer them to use. Life is hard when you run out of facts.
You’ve provided zero facts to your claims of guilty. If he had no defense he’d have been found guilty of such claims years ago…and because there’s no facts to get him you’re in favor of getting him illegally, lol

Old 04-27-2023, 06:44 PM

6,738 posts, read 4,422,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManApplet View Post
Not anyone's head. The news cycle. Forgive people for noticing. And get used to it because unless he dies or becomes incapacitated or some such we will be hearing about his various court appearances, filings, arraignments, arrests, warrants, subpoenas, contempt jailings, convictions, sentences and such for at least 2 years. Don't forget the endless appeals. Did I miss some things?

Yep, This is kind a what happens when you think you are above the law and do as you wish to people. His executive privilege defense is running thin. Remember it took ten years to get Bernie Madoff. Even with him, there were people all along that had proof he was breaking the law, but no one listened. It will catch up to you. Justice moves slow. Especially when you try and stop the investigations.

Old 04-27-2023, 06:49 PM

4,167 posts, read 4,882,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
Yep, This is kind a what happens when you think you are above the law and do as you wish to people. His executive privilege defense is running thin. Remember it took ten years to get Bernie Madoff. Even with him, there were people all along that had proof he was breaking the law, but no one listened. It will catch up to you. Justice moves slow. Especially when you try and stop the investigations.
Trump is not Bernie Madoff.

Old 04-27-2023, 06:51 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,775,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglow View Post
Trump is worse

Old 04-27-2023, 06:54 PM

4,167 posts, read 4,882,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I should have said “appeal”. My bad. Thanks for catching that.

How do you know what Pence knows? He was removed from the Senate chamber to the parking garage underneath by the SS while insurrectionists were trying to find him to hang him all with Trump’s approval. He refused to get in the car with the SS and leave because he was afraid of what Grassley might try to pull. I would imagine he had a pretty riveting story to tell about not only 1/6, but the buildup starting a few weeks prior. I would also imagine he was not complimentary about those who participated in the failed coup attempt.
Loads of speculation rolled into one post.

Old 04-27-2023, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
You’ve provided zero facts to your claims of guilty. If he had no defense he’d have been found guilty of such claims years ago…and because there’s no facts to get him you’re in favor of getting him illegally, lol
You speak as though you have inside knowledge. Please share it with us.

The Watergate investigation took over two years to complete. We are just now coming up on two years since the first investigation started into 1/6. Everything looks to be right on schedule.

Trump already has 34 criminal indictments and is due back in court in December to set a trial date. The trial will determine legally whether he is guilty or not. He is innocent until proven guilty in that venue, as has been pointed out repeatedly by you and others. I concur. It is also true that you generally aren’t indicted because a DA needs the practice.

That said - There is also the Court of Public Opinion. The Tangerine Terrorist is not doing quite as well there.

Old 04-27-2023, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Agree. Madoff was smart.

Old 04-27-2023, 07:11 PM

23,646 posts, read 12,553,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
I don't understand what Trump means when he keeps saying, "There are two N words you are not supposed to say. One is nuclear war." Is he telling his base they should not say the other N word in public?

It's weird.
yikes

What is weird is that you likely didn't actually listen to or read his full statement to learn what he was talking about. The subject of his comment was 'nuclear', the other n-word really has nothing to do with it other than it's just another word that begins with n that everyone already knows shouldn't be said.

Quote:
"Nuclear is so devastating that we don't even want to talk about it, and that was a word that was never supposed to be mentioned. We have two n-words, neither of which should ever be mentioned. I said that once and they said 'oh what a terrible thing to say,' no. We have two n-words, you know what the one is but the other's the nuclear word, not supposed to ever be mentioned ever, ever, ever! It's mentioned every single day now."

Old 04-27-2023, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Loads of speculation rolled into one post.
Did you watch the film of Pence in the basement, or the crowd chanting “Hang Mike Pence?”

I looked at what is publicly available and drew a conclusion. You obviously disagree.

Instead of attacking me, how about explain what you think he had to say to the Grand Jury today? Can you do that…?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies