Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2023, 05:12 PM

61,854 posts, read 87,314,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post
Just get a simple mulching piece for your lawn mower. It just blocks the chute and then the mower does the work. If you are cheap just get a piece of sheet metal and make your own. I had an electric blower and it was still obnoxious with the noise. Luckily I lived in a conservative small town so it was live and let live and I could use it anytime with no concern for my neighbors.

Joking aside I like the mulching attachment because why waste free fertilizer?
You sound proud being able to annoy everyone around
A gem of a neighbor!!

Old 04-30-2023, 05:13 PM

5,044 posts, read 2,407,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Besides of noise and pollution, what bothers me the most is a total uselessness of it. (or inappropriate use by lazy, careless people)
While some homeowners use bags, the majority of paid landscapers just blow all the leaves and debris randomly into other neighbour’s lawn, the sidewalk and the road… or other common area. It looks filthy and when wind comes or car passes, most of it is back on the front yards.
The debris should be cornered and collected, but very few bother to do that.
Not to mention many small "businesses" use the cheapest and loudest blowers.
The noise at 7 AM on Saturday morning (sometimes Sunday too) is not what I want to wake up to on the weekends.

So, I don't really care what an excuse the regulators use as long that crap would be banned
Any decent landscaping company would bag them up turn them into mulch and sell it right back to you the next spring.

Old 04-30-2023, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
You sound proud being able to annoy everyone around
A gem of a neighbor!!
You must have missed the part were I said I was joking.

Old 04-30-2023, 05:15 PM

52,692 posts, read 34,613,318 times
Quote:
Just get a simple mulching piece for your lawn mower. It just blocks the chute and then the mower does the work. If you are cheap just get a piece of sheet metal and make your own. I had an electric blower and it was still obnoxious with the noise. Luckily I lived in a conservative small town so it was live and let live and I could use it anytime with no concern for my neighbors.

Joking aside I like the mulching attachment because why waste free fertilizer?
leaf blowers are used in areas inaccessible to lawn mowers.

Last edited by uggabugga; 04-30-2023 at 05:31 PM..

Old 04-30-2023, 05:16 PM

7,410 posts, read 3,559,084 times
Quote:
Any decent landscaping company would bag them up turn them into mulch and sell it right back to you the next spring.
if it is so easy, then why don’t you do it? in theory things sound easy, but the big picture of running a business typically makes all those unforeseen obstacles appear

Old 04-30-2023, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
if it is so easy, then why don’t you do it? in theory things sound easy, but the big picture of running a business typically makes all those unforeseen obstacles appear
Why should I do it when I just explained others do that already? So you could say your company doesn't do that specifically. Okay then just ask for a mow with a mulching attachment instead of a leaf blower. I do that with my lawn tractor all the time. It doesn't take more time or effort. The attachment costs $20 and that's over priced. A whole $20 less than the price of a leaf blower.

The bonus is you won't need them to come fertilize if you are the total hands off type of person.

Not everything is such a great challenge

Old 04-30-2023, 05:21 PM

24,525 posts, read 17,277,292 times
There is talk in my area of banning them too but it is due to the noise. The problem is when you go to the less powerful battery or electric option over the gas powered ones they are not as powerful while only being a little bit less noisy so it will take longer to do the job.

They blowers are noisy but I say get in and get out as fast as possible and back to the quiet.

Old 04-30-2023, 05:25 PM

29,552 posts, read 14,701,405 times
Lol...let's go after leaf blowers when we have gigantic container ships polluting our oceans, and spewing out millions of cars worth of pollution into our atmosphere. And we have more of them being built.

Old 04-30-2023, 05:25 PM

38,006 posts, read 22,193,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Seems sensible to stop the new sales of leaf blowers, especially those with 2 cycle engines.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...e/11746893002/
These climate alarmists are clearly running out of things to rage about, in order to continue justifying their existence.

Old 04-30-2023, 05:29 PM

7,410 posts, read 3,559,084 times
Quote:
Why should I do it when I just explained others do that already? So you could say your company doesn't do that specifically. Okay then just ask for a mow with a mulching attachment instead of a leaf blower. I do that with my lawn tractor all the time. It doesn't take more time or effort. The attachment costs $20 and that's over priced. A whole $20 less than the price of a leaf blower.

The bonus is you won't need them to come fertilize if you are the total hands off type of person.

Not everything is such a great challenge
first, for a commercial mower they are more than 20 dollars. and if you have a commercial landscaping business, you have to mow 10-20 lawns every day so to bag up mulch and then store it somewhere on a truck that already has tons of equipment on it. You would probably need another truck and more staff therefore having to transfer the cost onto the customer. thats just a quick and dirty logistical obstacle to a simple on paper idea.

I’m not even going to get into how often they have to sharpen their blades when you mow that many lawns per day there is a lot that goes into a landscaping business but you can sit there on your keyboard and pretend you have all the answers but you really don’t
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.