Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2023, 05:39 PM

5,044 posts, read 2,404,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
you stated they should mulch, save it for a year and resell it to the customer
Well you have to consider in many places you are legally required to bag it and not just blow it into the city sewers. If you have to haul it many companies do compost it and turn it into value added products that they can sell to nurseries etc. now if you are the home owner you can ask for it to be mulched on the spot. It's real simple stuff.

Old 04-30-2023, 05:40 PM

30,077 posts, read 18,686,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
I don't have a leaf blower but if it's real quiet in the neighborhood I will break out my bagpipes.
Eddie, with your far left liberal politics, I'm afraid you would have a hard time in Scotland, particularly in the Highlands and Western Isles! In addition to historical grudges, that is another reason the Scots hate the Brits so much.

When my wife and I were married in Scotland in the middle of nowhere in the Highlands, a piper played.

Old 04-30-2023, 05:43 PM

5,581 posts, read 2,312,522 times
Cordless rechargeable leaf blowers with battery packs are a thing. They are quiet.

OP is saying only the gas powered leaf blowers are being banned but electric or cordless rechargeable can be used.

Old 04-30-2023, 05:43 PM

7,386 posts, read 3,546,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post
Well you have to consider in many places you are legally required to bag it and not just blow it into the city sewers. If you have to haul it many companies do compost it and turn it into value added products that they can sell to nurseries etc. now if you are the home owner you can ask for it to be mulched on the spot. It's real simple stuff.
yes, i am aware how mulching works as i just mow and leave it on my own lawn. it’s actually better to not bag clippings. i never heard of places legally requiring it to be bagged.

Old 04-30-2023, 05:45 PM

5,044 posts, read 2,404,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
yes, i am aware how mulching works as i just mow and leave it on my own lawn. it’s actually better to not bag clippings. i never heard of places legally requiring it to be bagged.
A lot of small towns have iffy drains in their streets. So they don't want them clogged up with leafs which can be quite bulky. You will get fined if you blow into the street. They don't require it being bagged. But you can at that point make a pile to compost it, mulch it or have it bagged. The reality is most people burn it.

Increasingly there are places operated by the local government to take it.

Old 04-30-2023, 05:49 PM

7,386 posts, read 3,546,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post
A lot of small towns have iffy drains in their streets. So they don't want them clogged up with leafs which can be quite bulky. You will get fined if you blow into the street. They don't require it being bagged. But you can at that point make a pile to compost it, mulch it or have it bagged. The reality is most people burn it.
i am getting confused, are we talking about leaves or lawn clippings

yea, when i lived in NJ i had to bag my leaves. it would take hours and i needed a gas blower. it was crazy. now i just let the mountain winds take care most of the leaves and anything left over is small enough for a little electric blower

Old 04-30-2023, 05:50 PM

61,768 posts, read 87,244,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
They blowers are noisy but I say get in and get out as fast as possible and back to the quiet.
Not really. If you live in a suburban neighborhood most people use the same landscapers and they prefer that too. So the noise starts at 7AM and ends after the sunset. Nonstop lawnmower noise and blowers. Even when they are few streets away.
You can't really sit on your back porch and enjoy the birds singing...

Old 04-30-2023, 05:51 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,232,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
This MUST BE SARCASM, as that is funny as hell.

It is, incidentally, EXACTLY what liberals think, no matter how absurd.
Supposed to be similar to these new fangled rejuvenation processes that have become so popular.

Old 04-30-2023, 05:54 PM

37,981 posts, read 22,176,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Good lord, I hate those things. Basically all they do is blow a bunch of dust into the air for all the neighbors to suck into their lungs and coat everything with dust within a half block. Get a rake. It's not that hard of work and in my opinion is easier than a blower. Definitely cleaner.
You must live in a very dry region, where a leaf blower can send up a cloud of dust.

I live in Western WI. It's been such a moderate climate for the past 20 years now, except maybe for 2021, that was an oddly drier then average year. No one even needs to water their lawns during the entire year. . There is plenty enough rainfall to keep lawn grass green, even in August.

Old 04-30-2023, 05:57 PM

19,724 posts, read 10,142,200 times
Our town bought a piece of ground where you can dump leaves and tree branches. The town mulches them and you can pick up all the mulch you want for free.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies