Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2023, 01:37 PM

18,511 posts, read 9,190,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
these countries need to learn about Jesus and drop their sorcery
Lol.

The Middle Ages called. They want their ignorance back.

Old 06-07-2023, 01:41 PM

19,886 posts, read 18,170,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by webster View Post
American slavery was very different than slavery in Africa. American slavery was race based and hereditary; it also followed the status of the mother, not the father which was the norm in the US since common law has been used since the colonial era. All of these factors made American slavery unique in world history. After the abolition of the slave trade, slave breeding farms became a major industry in MD and VA. The slaves were bred and then sold south. Slaves in the US became a staple of the American economy, not so in Africa. Slaves were used to back mortgages and bank bonds and then the mortgages were bundled.
Your second to last sentence while in some ways true doesn't mean too much. Most of Africa's economy then was still hunter gatherer and pillage based. IOW it really couldn't have been based on slavery broadly as most of 1700-1880s or so Africa featured an old world informal, rural economic orthodoxy* the same had been in place across much of the world for thousands of years.

*Nearly no records, usually barter, good and bad times described closely by the weather and whether or not the chieftain over the hill was a plundering cannibal or not etc.

Old 06-07-2023, 01:44 PM

10,524 posts, read 7,060,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Lol.

The Middle Ages called. They want their ignorance back.
Its not ignorance, do a review of the countries that follow the wickedness and see how they are financially doing.

Old 06-07-2023, 01:58 PM

39,889 posts, read 26,566,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
South Africa has driven out the farmers.
And murdered others, for the crime of being white. Apartheid nation.

Old 06-07-2023, 01:59 PM

43,258 posts, read 18,396,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
According to the article in the link, people in 7 nations faced starvation in 2022. 35 million of them are children, aged 5 and under.

"People in seven countries — Afghanistan, Burkina Faso, Haiti, Nigeria, Somalia, South Sudan and Yemen — faced starvation at some point last year."

https://www.aol.com/news/more-quarte...171832857.html

OTOH, about 2 out of every 3 Americans are either overweight or obese.

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/obesity...36%20percent).

I wonder why that is..
Well just send the boat and bring them all here...we got open borders

Old 06-07-2023, 02:00 PM

25,612 posts, read 17,355,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
If we (the world) stopped raising and grazing livestock and grew veggies, grains, corn instead, the world could feed everyone. It's probably not a popular opinion but it's mine.
I believe that thought was what prompted the current "plant based" food diet craze. Fully 30% of America is designated pasture land and back during the 60's it was thought the population would continue to explode.
No one thought a population of 500M could eat beef every day, and the food processors claimed to have the solution. So today, we eat bread, wheat, corn and highly processed foods.
And that's what makes us fat compared to my generation who grew up in the 50's. I use a meat based diet, and won't go back to the whole wheat, salad, plant based nonsense that nearly killed me. Open heart surgery in '21.

Much of Africa's food problem is political. But as was noted by several, there are countries in Africa whose geography makes it impossible to feed their populations.
America is very, very lucky. We have the largest area of arable land found on any continent. Sometimes, due to social problems, some Americans go hungry. But we do have the ability to feed our people.
Book, backing up my statements.

Global population will soon begin to fall. And once the fall begins it will never grow again.
Again, another book. But there are several.

Old 06-07-2023, 02:05 PM

8,058 posts, read 10,658,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB365 View Post
And the crazy thing is those are countries with exploding populations....
population growth off the charts....and they can't feed what they got.....
And yet every single advertisement I have ever seen with the intention of promoting the message that having less children may help the environment, the climate, economics, blah blah blah, is always, without exception, targeted to White people. Show me one, or post one, that has a picture in it of a woman, couple, or a family of color, and I will stand corrected. But you will not find one.

Old 06-07-2023, 02:07 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,136,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
South Africa has driven out the farmers.
That too. And after they drove them out, they left it a wasteland.

Old 06-07-2023, 02:16 PM

18,511 posts, read 9,190,117 times
Quote:
Its not ignorance, do a review of the countries that follow the wickedness and see how they are financially doing.
What is “the wickedness?”

All nations do bad stuff. Humans are humans everywhere.

Old 06-07-2023, 02:16 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,593,943 times
Quote:
^^^^^ Which is a deflection that doesn't demonstrate that countries that are doing better are doing better because of Jesus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies