Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2023, 03:56 PM

20,349 posts, read 19,950,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
There's a Seinfeld for that . . . (this time it's stand-up).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOmSQfYB1iE
Unfortunately it's not stand-up. These days this ****'s for real.

I'm happy to know that I don't know any men that are so fragile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2023, 03:57 PM

16,565 posts, read 10,662,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
This would be the type of person that natural selection would have eliminated from the gene pool a few hundred years ago.
So true. You have to be a prosperous First World country to enable people like this.

Old 06-27-2023, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
So true. You have to be a prosperous First World country to enable people like this.
Reminds me of this quote:

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

Old 06-27-2023, 04:15 PM

24,019 posts, read 15,115,869 times
I knew he was nit wit when he froze over orange juice selections.

Nobody should be buying that crap. Just eat an orange.

Old 06-27-2023, 05:35 PM

17,819 posts, read 13,729,146 times
Damn, I could probably manage to navigate the orange juice display...

But would have difficulty in the cereal aisle.

Old 06-27-2023, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
I knew he was nit wit when he froze over orange juice selections.

Nobody should be buying that crap. Just eat an orange.
Nah. He's an out and out pansy.

Just like this guy:

"What is it like to fire an AR-15? It’s horrifying, menacing and very very loud "

"It felt to me like a bazooka — and sounded like a cannon..."

"But mostly, I was just terrified...."

I'm so embarrassed for this so-called "guy". His last name is so fitting, LOL.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...icle-1.2673201

Old 06-27-2023, 06:03 PM

15,539 posts, read 10,521,878 times
Well that's one job of a writer, turn something boring into an article. He's probably a fairly decent writer, but I wouldn't care for his material or leftist views. A waste actually, cause his style seems to flow and is easy to follow (so many writers today suck). I don't know how he would ever pick craft beer btw.

Old 06-27-2023, 06:28 PM

6,825 posts, read 9,374,573 times
I used to work with a guy who married a woman from Bulgaria and I remember her talking about this — she generally hates America (and, she was a Democrat of course) and cited all of the “choice” in America as a bad thing. So yes, these people exist. She’s definitely the type of person who young American Democrats look up to — born in another country with Communism in its history and hypercritical of America even though she lives here now.

Old 06-27-2023, 06:31 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 15 days ago)

35,653 posts, read 18,015,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Well that's one job of a writer, turn something boring into an article. He's probably a fairly decent writer, but I wouldn't care for his material or leftist views. A waste actually, cause his style seems to flow and is easy to follow (so many writers today suck). I don't know how he would ever pick craft beer btw.
My guess is, in fact, he didn't walk out without OJ. He's making commentary, and a point. It's just an opinion piece.

Old 06-27-2023, 06:42 PM

38,007 posts, read 22,187,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
No, not the Bee, not The Onion. This pusscake is not only real but some woman thought he was marriage material.

Cringe alert!

"On a recent afternoon, while running errands before I had to pick up my kids from school, I froze in the orange-juice aisle of a big-box store. So many different brands lay before me: Minute Maid, Simply, Tropicana, Dole, Florida’s Natural, Sunny D—not to mention the niche organic labels. And each brand offered juices with various configurations of pulp, vitamins, and concentrate. The sheer plenitude induced a kind of paralysis: Overwhelmed by the choices on offer, I simply could not make one. I left the store without any orange juice....."

He's quite the provider

Could you imagine this guy providing for a family in the western territories, 19th century, LOL.

https://www.theatlantic.com/family/a...erload/674502/
This is all the fault of capitalism, giving people the freedom to choose which brand of juice to buy. All this soy boy needed to do was buy at least one brand, Taste it, and over time he can see which one he likes. Problem solved.

I'm reminded of a sad story told by a North Korean who defected to south Korea. He said the first time he went to a grocery store he cried. He was overwhelmed by all the choices of food available to him. He didn't know how to choose one over the other. He didn't know which brand he was allowed to eat. He found himself wishing someone would just tell him what to buy and what to eat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies