Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2024, 02:10 PM

8,741 posts, read 3,914,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Conservatism rising, & not just in elections
I agree social conservatism has seen a significant increase the past few years as evidenced by those who support Christian and traditional family values while outspokenly opposing abortion, transgender rights and same-sex marriage.

The caveat with moral absolutism politically, as with abortion or same-sex marriage, is there will always be controversy as to which moral principles are ‘right’ or ‘wrong’; the assumption/belief is it (should be) universal.

Old 01-05-2024, 04:49 PM

9,029 posts, read 4,725,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
I agree social conservatism has seen a significant increase the past few years as evidenced by those who support Christian and traditional family values while outspokenly opposing abortion, transgender rights and same-sex marriage.

I don't think there are more of us, but I think many of them are speaking up, and speaking louder.

(Renting a UHaul and moving out of a Blue state that is in a death spiral is a form of speaking louder.)
There was, recently, a waiting list to get a UHaul in NE IL, because so many were leaving. There are over 100 parked within 10 miles of me, because this is where they drove them to.

https://thepoliticalinsider.com/taxpayers-blue-states/
Quote:
A book on the subject of state policy influencing migration titled “How Money Walks” uses official statistics from the Census and the IRS to explore the subject.
“The states that gained working wealth are growing and thriving. The states that lost working wealth lost their most precious cargo—their tax base—and the consequences are dire: stagnation, deterioration, an economic death spiral as they continue to raise taxes and lose people, businesses, and working wealth.

Old 01-05-2024, 07:31 PM

8,741 posts, read 3,914,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
I don't think there are more of us, but I think many of them are speaking up, and speaking louder.
They are becoming more organized in their support of socially conservative policies relative to religion.

Old 01-05-2024, 07:54 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,876,160 times
At some point, we have to have an adult in the office. Not an poorly-aging adult, like the cadaver we have in there currently.

That adult is going to have to make some difficult choices.

Reduce spending
Raise taxes
Close the border
Deport illegals

We are clearly going to need to have a fiscal conservative, at the very least. DC is a toilet that needs to be flushed.

Old 01-06-2024, 05:57 AM

25,929 posts, read 12,951,218 times
Conservatives have begun to take back our public institutions of higher learning...just the beginning, but at least its a start:

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/co...05/id/1148469/

Harvard & Penn Presidents have been oustered. New College in Florida was totally flipped from Blue to Red ~1.5 yrs ago...DeSantis did build that.

Old 01-06-2024, 06:03 AM

25,929 posts, read 12,951,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
At some point, we have to have an adult in the office. Not an poorly-aging adult, like the cadaver we have in there currently.

Reduce spending
Raise taxes
Close the border
Deport illegals

We are clearly going to need to have a fiscal conservative, at the very least. DC is a toilet that needs to be flushed.

America will wind up ultra-conservative after the collapse of the Dollar, & our economy.

An epiphany will open the eyes of the 99% that BIG gov't is consuming too much of our GDP for the 99% to survive.

I pray it doesn't come to that, & this emerging wave of Conservatism can save us.

The House of Reps visit to the border yesterday should provide a lot of Conservative momentum.

Old 01-06-2024, 06:11 AM

9,029 posts, read 4,725,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post

Reduce spending
Raise taxes
Close the border
Deport illegals

Trouble is, it isn't just the President. He is important, but primarily as a gauge of how far off the rails we are. The budget process starts in the House, and has to survive the Senate. And even the Conservatives, Libertarians, and Patriots will not agree on some aspects of how to turn the country around. There is no chance we will get the Leftist Insurgents on board, and they make up a substantial fraction of the country.

That is why I said beach43ofus is overly optimistic.

Frankly, I think we (The Patriots of the Right) need to put more emphasis on keeping our own, local governments from going woke like the rest of the country. That and defend our rights under the 10th Amendment.

Old 01-06-2024, 06:25 AM

7,465 posts, read 3,594,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
Trouble is, it isn't just the President. He is important, but primarily as a gauge of how far off the rails we are. The budget process starts in the House, and has to survive the Senate. And even the Conservatives, Libertarians, and Patriots will not agree on some aspects of how to turn the country around. There is no chance we will get the Leftist Insurgents on board, and they make up a substantial fraction of the country.

That is why I said beach43ofus is overly optimistic.

Frankly, I think we (The Patriots of the Right) need to put more emphasis on keeping our own, local governments from going woke like the rest of the country. That and defend our rights under the 10th Amendment.
It is past the point of no return. The changes that are necessary to turn things around will never happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies