Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2023, 04:18 PM

29,919 posts, read 25,045,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
They are not winning because of policies. That’s not where we are right now. They ask the red team or the blue team to tell why they will Vote for their candidate. Most cannot mention one policy.
False. 99% of Trumpers will tell you they supported his policy on border control/illegal immigration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
We may be in tune with the daily politics but most are not paying that much attention. They hear one thing and run with it with out verifying if it’s even true. Like the Vets kicked out of the hotels for illegals. Never happened. Most stay in the child level politics.
We are not electing good leaders. I wished people like Kelly would run.

Kelly would not win if he ran. Few have heard of him and fewer know anything about him. Americans vote for people they've heard of and are familiar with. Trump is a celebrity and Biden has been in government for 5 decades. It's no accident if these will be the choices... This is what America wants, and it is going to get it. Not much any 1 person can do about that.

Old 07-17-2023, 04:25 PM

7,685 posts, read 8,778,737 times
Another Democratic presidency will see the expansion of the Supreme Court, adding 4 more justices who can't define a "woman".

Old 07-17-2023, 04:41 PM

35,802 posts, read 21,193,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
False. 99% of Trumpers will tell you they supported his policy on border control/illegal immigration.

Kelly would not win if he ran. Few have heard of him and fewer know anything about him. Americans vote for people they've heard of and are familiar with. Trump is a celebrity and Biden has been in government for 5 decades. It's no accident if these will be the choices... This is what America wants, and it is going to get it. Not much any 1 person can do about that.
I talk with people. Most do not really want to know about what’s going on. Many refuse to hear the news. Of course some key points will trickle through. Like the wall. Now ask them what state, how long - how much. Even here, some one just claimed didn’t know RonnieD passed 6 weeks abortion law.
In the polls re: Disney and woke- they have zero facts. They don’t even know what a special district is. Many responded don’t know enough about it. They making judgments on political points -not facts. My sis is in real estate 30 yrs and I had to tell her of the new laws banning Chinese etc. from buying property. She tells me yesterday, yea we had a meeting on it today. I heard yesterday that the Dems did not come out and vote as they should have in the mid terms. Now they crying. Will that change ?
As I said, we on the forum may stay informed, but the masses. No.

Old 07-17-2023, 06:46 PM

19,042 posts, read 14,285,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Kelly is a man of character and a tough former Marine. I thinks his statement rings true. I recall him describing Trump as the most flawed person he ever met. At the risk of being called an alarmist another Trump term would be the end of American democracy.
Who wants democracy? IT'S A VILE system where a majority can legally persecute a minority - or tax the snot out of them.
I want a republican form, wherein all men are created equal (before the law) and have Creator endowed rights that governments were instituted to secure - not tax, restrict nor trespass. And no "democratic majority" can trample those rights.
UNLESS you consent to be governed, then you surrender your endowment in exchange for privileges, and accept mandatory civic duties. Shut up, sit down, pay and obey.

Old 07-17-2023, 07:00 PM

26,081 posts, read 13,074,201 times
I like Trump's plan, and it would make me want to vote for him more than before in the primary, but I've got Vivek and Ron in front of him still.

Vivek needs to get on board w/ Trumps plan if he is to downsize DC by 75% as he's promised.

DeSantis is smarter, he's not provoking the swamp nearly as much, so his path to victory could be easier.

Old 07-18-2023, 08:16 AM

23,644 posts, read 17,339,484 times
Trump made the generals look like fools they are. Peace accord in the middle east, Putin on his knees, Xi placed into neutral, NK and Iran shut down. All these patriotic generals predicted Trump would cause WW3. Trump got the remains of Korean war vets returned. Biden got 13 service men and women killed.

The government industrial complex is in danger of exposure. Kelly defends the swamp. Eisenhower warned us about Kelly and his kind.

The current government is corrupt, intel agencies politicized and corrupted under the DOJ.

If Kelly is to have any credibility he would be hammering the biden admin as endangering national security and Sinophilic Biden dancing to Xi's fiddle to the detriment of this country. That is happening NOW, as opposed to some tin hat future conspiracy.

biden is reducing troop strength in face of our enemies promoting woke generals, depleting the service of experienced officers and troops. That doesn't bother Kelly. Your kids under biden would be cannon fodder, that doesn't bother kelly.

That alone discredits Kelly and his 'warning'.

Just like Mueller was a patriotic marine, as was Oswald and Charles Whitman dedicated marines.

These politicians give the Marines a bad name.

How many experts warned of doom under Trump and were made to look like fools? Add Kelly to that list. Kelly hides behind the honored Marine corp to further the cause of the swamp.

Oh, lest we not forget the august honor roll of 51 intel agents who claimed HB's laptop was Russian disinformation.

All of whom were dedicated intel agents with life long service to the country. Impeccable records, experts in counter intelligence. So much for patriotic backgrounds and service to the country.

Benedict Arnold was a patriot, up until the day he wasn't..

Old 07-18-2023, 08:20 AM

45,311 posts, read 26,580,169 times
We couldn't be so lucky as to get a right wing populist government that eliminates leftism with an iron fist

Old 07-18-2023, 08:30 AM

18,567 posts, read 7,425,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
The General knows what is best for the country!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...b86b72d0&ei=10
In other words, he plans to do what the Constitution requires him to do. The notion that left-wingers in the government are entitled to ignore election results is preposterously anti-democratic.

Old 07-18-2023, 12:34 PM

8,538 posts, read 6,967,985 times
“ Eliminate leftism with an iron fist “ sounds like something Hitler or Stalin would do. Some of our posters don’t really fit into our democratic form of government. Maybe China or Russia would be a better fit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies