Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2023, 04:53 PM

20,327 posts, read 19,914,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
This is happening in several states. Not limited to CA.
Ain't happening in TN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2023, 05:50 PM

37,131 posts, read 42,196,846 times
Pleanty of real woman have flat chests and get along just fine. Why is this a thing when hormones, which I assume he's on, will fill him out a bit anyway.

Old 07-27-2023, 06:50 PM

13,414 posts, read 9,944,426 times
This is completely stupid and shows how utterly broken the prison system is.

Of course it’s abominable that this person is catered to in any way at all.

He doesn’t in anyway fit the criteria of trans women who are non violent and endangered in men’s prisons, and furthermore he deserves no consideration for his troubles. I don’t buy that he’s trans at all, and even if he is I don’t care, he’s a damaged individual that should be in a psychiatric lockup with no access to any other non violent inmates.

I am fully supportive of trans people being able to alleviate their suffering, but in this case and in the case of other horrendously violent people who’ve harmed children or sexually assaulted people, my sympathy is finite and you don’t deserve the relief afforded others.

Too bad, all his requests should have been, and should continue to be, denied.

Old 07-27-2023, 07:00 PM

39,865 posts, read 26,492,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
This is what convinced me that California is a TOTALLY lost cause when it comes to sanity -- a 57-year-old man convicted of murder and serving a life sentence without possibility of parole got a sex change paid for by California taxpayers.

https://fox5sandiego.com/news/calif-...nment-surgery/

After reading that, NOTHING coming out of California, no matter how crazy, has surprised me.

I swear I don't know why the eastern counties there don't take steps to secede.
Just remember, Newsome wants to be president-and there are Dems that support that!

Old 07-27-2023, 07:09 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,733,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post

He doesn’t in anyway fit the criteria of trans women who are non violent and endangered in men’s prisons, and furthermore he deserves no consideration for his troubles. I don’t buy that he’s trans at all, and even if he is I don’t care, he’s a damaged individual that should be in a psychiatric lockup with no access to any other non violent inmates.

I am fully supportive of trans people being able to alleviate their suffering, but in this case and in the case of other horrendously violent people who’ve harmed children or sexually assaulted people, my sympathy is finite and you don’t deserve the relief afforded others.

How can you decipher who is trans and who is not?

That is why I don’t support males in female spaces like bathrooms, women’s shelters, women’s jails, prisons, locker rooms, changing rooms, etc. No exceptions. We have no way to know which men truly experienced gender dysphoria since they were little and who is just damaged or or suffering from a personality disorder or they are a predator. I suspect the majority are not truly trans at this stage in society with the rapidly rising numbers of teens and young adults suddenly self identifying.

I don’t think taxpayers should be funding any purely cosmetic surgery for any prisoners. Sex change surgery is totally cosmetic.

Old 07-27-2023, 07:12 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,733,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Just remember, Newsome wants to be president-and there are Dems that support that!
It’s a scary thought. He would be terrible.

Old 07-27-2023, 09:49 PM

3,318 posts, read 1,815,365 times
Quote:

Uh, whose criteria are you referring to?
Not California's, which seems to be simply asserting that one has a 'female gendered soul'.
But glad to see you would deny him a free boob job... that's progress.

To the already peaked I say cosmetic surgery be damned. Like all the other imprisoned males, trans or not, he has NO right to be confined with women!
Maybe he'll be misgendered and self-end from the humiliation.
But I doubt it.

P.S. According to the rules of transgenderism you are not allowed to doubt anyone's self-asserted claim to be the opposite sex. Ever. If you do that makes you a transphobe, often a bigot, occassionally a racist and sometimes you hit the jackpot - a NAZI!

Old 07-27-2023, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
How can you decipher who is trans and who is not?

That is why I don’t support males in female spaces like bathrooms, women’s shelters, women’s jails, prisons, locker rooms, changing rooms, etc. No exceptions. We have no way to know which men truly experienced gender dysphoria since they were little and who is just damaged or or suffering from a personality disorder or they are a predator. I suspect the majority are not truly trans at this stage in society with the rapidly rising numbers of teens and young adults suddenly self identifying.

I don’t think taxpayers should be funding any purely cosmetic surgery for any prisoners. Sex change surgery is totally cosmetic.
Well for this person, who was in prison for many years before he declared he was trans, it should be easy to decipher. He’s at the mercy of the state, and will be forever, so it’s not like they don’t have full access to his history. Even if he truly was trans and gender affirming care would help - sorry once you’ve bashed in the skulls of your children, you can suck up the dysphoria. Being trans doesn’t trump your appalling and indefensible actions. I don’t care if you suffer. That’s the path you chose.

There are cases where people who have fully transitioned and have not committed violent offences, and those cases should be considered on a case by case basis, IMO.

I totally agree that tax payers should not be on the hook for gender surgeries for prisoners.

Once you’re convicted you’ve forfeited your right to a lot of things, and that would be one of them.

Any ongoing hormones etc would be appropriate, like any other drug regimen that should be ongoing.

Surgery can wait until you’re out.

If you’re in prison for life for a violent crime, you’ve lost your freedom to help yourself. And that’s your fault, not the fault of every other trans person who will now be tarred with the same brush. I have zero sympathy.

Old 07-27-2023, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaIamela View Post
Not California's, which seems to be simply asserting that one has a 'female gendered soul'.

To the already peaked I say cosmetic surgery be damned. Like all the other imprisoned males, trans or not, he has NO right to be confined with women!
But I doubt it.

P.S. According to the rules of transgenderism you are not allowed to doubt anyone's self-asserted claim to be the opposite sex. Ever. If you do that makes you a transphobe, often a bigot, occassionally a racist and sometimes you hit the jackpot - a NAZI!
I can doubt what I like and think what I like.

I’m not playing your games.

Old 07-28-2023, 12:32 AM

3,318 posts, read 1,815,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaIamela View Post

But I doubt it.

Quote:
I can doubt what I like and think what I like.

I’m not playing your games.
Oh dear,.. and I thought I complimented your post!
But if you're offended I think you misunderstood.

Of course you can doubt what you like and think what you like. We still have freedom of speech, sort of.

I was simply refering to the trans-activist position which makes some opinions blasphemous, like questioning anyone's self-proclaimed gender identity, and automatically subjects the holder to censure, character attacks and even threats of physical violence.

So this is not MY game, it is THEIRS.
And they play rough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies