Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2023, 05:13 PM

10,077 posts, read 7,757,140 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
It’s often discussed in articles that Joe Biden’s mental state ids diminishing. Many news reports have included doctors and pundits to indicate that Biden is incapable of being the president, primarily because Biden meets the criteria for the 25th amendment that states if the president is incapable, then they cannot be president.

https://radaronline.com/p/joe-biden-...ure-next-move/

Some states have recognized this as to exclude Biden off the ballot because he is mentally “incapable” of serving the presidency. How many states do you think will leave Biden off the ballot in 2024?

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2022...n-in-2024.html
NO way Biden will run. He's old as a rock and can barely put 2 words together. People are now fully aware that he is indeed corrupt.

I've gone to other political sites and even reading youtube comments, etc. and people just don't like Biden and are ready for a change for this country. People don't like the direction this country is going in and it seems to get worse and worse the closer the election gets so I don't think the dems have a chance, even with cheating. People are just tired and have eyes and can see what's going on no matter how much the left lie and want to make people believe otherwise. Biden is toast.

Old 08-26-2023, 06:11 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,564,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gailjnh View Post
They could knock Biden off the ballot for acts of treason. He has sold off this country for his own personal gain, opened up the border to every country in the world which is a violation of the constitution.

If Trump hasn't been prosecuted and they knock him off, doing the same for Biden is just cause since he hasn't be prosecuted either.
Biden hasn't committed treason. Trump is the traitor here. He tried to overthrow the government! He's buddies with a horrible dictator (Putin) and admires the guy in N Korea. Makes me want to vomit.

Old 08-26-2023, 06:30 PM

17,988 posts, read 27,448,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
It’s often discussed in articles that Joe Biden’s mental state ids diminishing. Many news reports have included doctors and pundits to indicate that Biden is incapable of being the president, primarily because Biden meets the criteria for the 25th amendment that states if the president is incapable, then they cannot be president.

https://radaronline.com/p/joe-biden-...ure-next-move/

Some states have recognized this as to exclude Biden off the ballot because he is mentally “incapable” of serving the presidency. How many states do you think will leave Biden off the ballot in 2024?

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2022...n-in-2024.html
I see what you're doing here wrt a similar thread, States don't "decide " such things.

I'd stop worrying about 2024 and start worrying about Monday.

Old 08-26-2023, 09:17 PM

37,177 posts, read 19,179,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
States can knock Biden off their ballot if they don't like his face, or if they think his '67 Corvette isn't as cool as a '68 Corvette. They can do it for any reason or for no reason.

Is there any basis for your opinion that the states don't have "standing" to "invoke the 25th amendment?

Perhaps the first three words of your post sum it up.
There is a link to it in post #3. Did you read it?

Old 08-26-2023, 09:18 PM

37,177 posts, read 19,179,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
You might be right, but we will just remove him from the ballot in October 2024 and he can appeal after the election is over. It’s the same election interference Democrats are engaged in with the laughable Trump indictments.
You’ll have a constitutional problem doing it with 25A.

I don’t think Trump is laughing much these days. He’s justifiably terrified. He knows what’s coming.

Old 08-26-2023, 09:20 PM

5,135 posts, read 3,750,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarragon View Post
Biden hasn't committed treason. Trump is the traitor here. He tried to overthrow the government! He's buddies with a horrible dictator (Putin) and admires the guy in N Korea. Makes me want to vomit.
Thanks I needed a laugh.

Old 08-26-2023, 11:31 PM

19,800 posts, read 9,336,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
NO way Biden will run. He's old as a rock and can barely put 2 words together. People are now fully aware that he is indeed corrupt.

I've gone to other political sites and even reading youtube comments, etc. and people just don't like Biden and are ready for a change for this country. People don't like the direction this country is going in and it seems to get worse and worse the closer the election gets so I don't think the dems have a chance, even with cheating. People are just tired and have eyes and can see what's going on no matter how much the left lie and want to make people believe otherwise. Biden is toast.
People said there is no way that Trump would win in 2016, and in 2020, millions of people could not believe that 81 million people voted for Biden.

I am convinced that saying something is impossible (in so many words) in politics is almost naive. The 2.5+ years since Biden was installed as POTUS has convinced me that the Dems' main goal is to try to persuade us that everything we once thought was correct is wrong, and that down is up, fat is thin, good is bad, and bad is good -- and if you don't like the traditional meaning of a word, just change the definition of it.

They have also proven that they will do anything to see the person they want to be POTUS will actually be POTUS -- so, no, it will NOT surprise me if Biden is still POTUS 18 months from now. However, IF he IS, I don't see how anyone can deny that the U.S. political system is beyond hope short of a revo*******, but I don't think that even if the r-word is attempted, how it could succeed without the help of the military.

Old 08-26-2023, 11:40 PM

6,097 posts, read 2,717,141 times
This is fantastical thinking and won't happen, just like the likelihood of Trump being booted using the 14th amendment.

Old 08-27-2023, 04:35 AM

30,355 posts, read 19,134,588 times
I'm okay with it as long as those states electoral college votes are taken from them.

Old 08-27-2023, 05:14 AM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I don’t think the states have standing to invoke 25A.

https://www.history.com/topics/unite...25th-amendment

I agree. However the 14th amendment might work. Use the border situation as Biden breaking his oath of office. State SOS's can make that call. Perhaps only the SCOTUS could over turn it. it might be a way for the country to purge Trump and Biden once and for all. If each is only on half the primary ballots both will likely lose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies